What's makes you beautiful?

Options
Ok,

after reading all the posts about the most humiliating thing ever said to you you about your weight, I got to thinking that we should focus on the positive attributes we have. What makes us special and unique. What do you LOVE about yourself? Some thing not weight related. When I was growing up my mother used to tell me that it was important to look at myself and find something that I liked about me. Something to hold on to when things (or people got you down)

I'll start.

I have a really good singing voice. I'm not just saying that because I think it, but because others have told me that I have a lovely voice. I sang in a choir and was in school play's. I love to sing around a campfire and I am really good a harmonizing. It truly makes me happy to know that something I can do gives others pleasure to listen to.

Who's next??

Replies

• crohnsfighter
    crohnsfighter Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I'm Canadian. :D

No seriously, I'm not afraid to be me. I don't give a hoot what other people think. If they're abrasive to my personality, they don't deserve my time.
  • denizfindigi
    Options
    I can listen to people and hear them out. I deal with others problems as if they are mine.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Just today I was told that it was bizarre that I am so unfailingly cheerful, yet cynical at the same time. I consider that a high compliment.
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I love animals. My dog is my best friend. Unconditional love comes in all types of packages.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I am not good at many things, but I am really good at my job. I do treatment planning for patients receiving radiation therapy. I take a lot of pride in that I will work non stop on a case until I get the best plan possible. Not many people know my job even exists, thinking the physician does the work. It's kind of a thankless job but, I know if that were me on the table, I would want someone to do their best.

I would love to be able to sing, though it doesn't stop me from trying!
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I can listen to people and hear them out. I deal with others problems as if they are mine.

That is a GREAT quality to have, and I was the same way, until recently. At 48 I just don't have the strength anymore:)
  • xmarykaterose
    xmarykaterose Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    everyone tells me I'm the happiest person they've ever seen. If my happiness has been able to reflect onto others, that seems like a pretty beautiful thing to me! (:
  • Neeters1969
    Neeters1969 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    How sad is it that we have 12 pages about how many times we've been made to feel small, but only 8 posts on what we think is good about ourselves. :ohwell:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I am Canadian...:drinker:

What makes me special, beautiful etc...is the fact I know I am...sounds a bit conceited I know...I just call it confidence...

I was raised to believe I was special, smart, pretty and that I could do anything I set my mind to...
  • Neeters1969
    Neeters1969 Posts: 53 Member
    Options

What makes me special, beautiful etc...is the fact I know I am...sounds a bit conceited I know...I just call it confidence...

I was raised to believe I was special, smart, pretty and that I could do anything I set my mind to...

It doesn't sound conceited. It's awesome! Confidence is the most beautiful trait in the world!

I have a daughter who is just on the cusp of womanhood, and I tell her everyday to look at herself and pick something about herself that she likes. I tell her not to focus on the physical, but to focus on the important stuff, like her strengths and talents, because beauty is truly only skin deep.
  • DavidSTC
    DavidSTC Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm my son's hero. He doesn't even have to say it.
  • DavidSTC
    DavidSTC Posts: 173 Member
    Options

It doesn't sound conceited. It's awesome! Confidence is the most beautiful trait in the world!

I have a daughter who is just on the cusp of womanhood, and I tell her everyday to look at herself and pick something about herself that she likes. I tell her not to focus on the physical, but to focus on the important stuff, like her strengths and talents, because beauty is truly only skin deep.

Great message. I'm going to have to say something like this to my daughter. She focuses on her negatives way too much.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I am reliable. I always follow through on anything I say I'll do, and I never make empty promises or statements.
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I learned later in life that I'm beautiful physically. But it's never too late for that, right? I also have a beautiful singing voice, having studied singing for twenty years. I even kept going with lessons when i learned i was losing my hearing. I also try to be helpful when i am able, and often overextend myself in the process. I try to do the right thing whenever i can.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    What's makes you beautiful?

Obviously not knowing you're beautiful is what makes you so.

You don't know,
    Oh, oh,
    You don't know you're beautiful,
    Oh, oh,
    That's what makes you beautiful
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I'm good at making people laugh.

And I have a decent *kitten*.
  • koosorlose
    koosorlose Posts: 186
    Options
    1) I have a lovely opera voice and 2) I'm a feminist and I'm not scared to shout it to the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those are just two things that make me beautiful. :)
  • kill3rtofu
    kill3rtofu Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You don't know you're beautiful. That's what makes you beautiful.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    A dark room?

Kidding!!! Um...I'd have to say being the best mom I know how to be.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I can harmonize and I hear music well. I also am moved by beautiful music pieces, or certain voices or notes. I am beautiful because beneath this gruff exterior lives a sensitive, artistic genius that doesn't get out much.

Oh and I can cook and ride the hell out of a bicycle.