pics of my belly. it won't get flat! :(

Options
123457»

Replies

• jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I read some posts saying maybe your just built that way, or you will never get rid of it and it makes me wonder, what if that's true? Why bother? And I think all the women in my family have pooches, so what makes me believe I can ever get rid of it
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I read some posts saying maybe your just built that way, or you will never get rid of it and it makes me wonder, what if that's true? Why bother? And I think all the women in my family have pooches, so what makes me believe I can ever get rid of it

Nonsense.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

Nonsense.

^^This. Why do so many jump to the easy out, "it's not in my control" choice?

You are not a special snowflake, OP. If you take the advice from the people that have reached their goals and look amazing (several in this thread), you would reach your goals. If you don't want it badly enough, that's fine but if that's the case, stop wasting people's time who are trying to help you.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

Bullsh*t. My entire family is obese. When I was growing up I was skinny with a pooch on my stomach, then I got obese and had two kids. Sounds like you are giving up and blaming genetics.

If you really want it you won't stop until you get it. Stop looking for an easy way. Stop looking for an out. Stop looking for excuses. You know what to do, just do it.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options

You need to give it more time. 2 months of weight lifting isn't really enough to get the results you're looking for. You really should follow the advice given to you: be accurate in your logging, keep lifting weights, and be PATIENT. You didn't get the tummy pooch overnight, and it won't go away that quickly either. Also, I think you need to try thinking more positively and realistically in your goals. You CAN reach them if you are consistent, patient and put the effort into changing. Have some faith in yourself :wink:
  • jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies, esp you usmcmp, you really are a role model here. I too even at my skinniest had always had a pooch, but mever worked for a flat tummy.
  • joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    May I ask why protein is so.important? I don't usuall hit my suggested grams

if there is only 1 macronutrients that you cant live without its protein... :) well maybe carbs... ;P
  • usmcmp
    Options
    May I ask why protein is so.important? I don't usuall hit my suggested grams

if there is only 1 macronutrients that you cant live without its protein... :) well maybe carbs... ;P

False, you need them all. You can do with less carbs, but you need them all. Fat is connected with hormone regulation and production. Protein is a building block of much of the body. Carbohydrates are fuel and actually aid in the building process.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    Thanks ladies, esp you usmcmp, you really are a role model here. I too even at my skinniest had always had a pooch, but mever worked for a flat tummy.

Thank you! Just keep at it.
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Somebody may have mentioned already but 3 months of any type of training is not enough... if you want to lose the belly fat permanently, its a marathon not a sprint... if you are consistently getting to your goals albeit a bit slowly, keep at it and you'll eventually get there.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Do you lift weights?

Yup. I've been weight training for 3 months now
    Give it time. :smile:

The only way to lose the tummy fat is to lose fat everywhere else, and even that's not a guarantee that your tummy will be how you want it to be.
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    In
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options

You know what would happen if you stopped eating? You would lose weight. (fat and muscle) No I'm not suggesting that. Dieting is controlled starvation.

You already have plenty of good advice (and the BS seems to have been covered). Now just do it consistently.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Do you lift weights?

Can you clarify your lifting routine, weight selection, etc? I think it's important to clear this up because everyone says keep doing what you're doing and it'll work out. Need to be clear if you're doing the right things :smile:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Do you lift weights?

Can you clarify your lifting routine, weight selection, etc? I think it's important to clear this up because everyone says keep doing what you're doing and it'll work out. Need to be clear if you're doing the right things :smile:

Very good point.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options

Lift heavy
    Eat right
    Be patient
  • quest67
    quest67 Posts: 94
    Options
    Bump
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Bump

Why?