What are your Gym Hacks?

1235»

Replies

• sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,035 Member
    Okay, I made a smarta$$ reply. Here are my serious ones.

1. I don't have pockets in my running capris, so when I do races I tie my key into my laces then tuck the end into the criss-crossed laces towards the toe.
    2. I glued a pool noodle around PVC pipe to make my own foam roller.
    3. Glute-Ham raises on the seat of the lat pull down machine.
    4. If the seated military press and squat rack are taken I straddle a bench facing the bar to do seated military press.
    5. If there is no standing leg curl machine you can use a seated leg extension machine by standing between the seat and the leg pad.
    6. If the captain's chair is taken and the pull up bars you can do leg raises on the dip station by locking out your arms (also adds difficulty).
    7. Bumper plates can add height to a box for box jumps (although I'm sure most of you know that).
    8. Yarn and washers can be used as microplates. If you can't jump from 35 pound dumbbells to 40 pound dumbbells tying washers on can create an incremental weight. Now you can add 2 or 3 pounds without having to jump up 5.

These are awesome.

I use a playlist of songs that make me feel upbeat- this makes my workout go by faster. I also have apps with workout plans on them.... Use my phone for music so it's handy to have them on here too.