Pop Tarts

Options

Replies

• DucklingtoSwan
    DucklingtoSwan Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    My 12 year old adores the brown sugar cinnamon, we've had them around here for quite a while and I didn't realize they were relatively new... perhaps we were a test market. hub likes Chocolate fudge. I have loved the frosted strawberry and blueberry sinice I was a kid. I don't buy them because while I love them soooo much, and would find a way to work in the calories once in a while for a snack, not only is the sugar not a good idea for my diabetes but I can't quite trust myself to stop at one. At least, not yet.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way when I saw the peanut butter variety of pop tarts. I chose not to buy them. But if you want one, then have one. Just remember that it's empty calories that's not really providing any nutrition.

The peanut butter ones are not worth it. At all.

If you like chocolate and peanut butter, avoid teh chocolate peanut butter ones like the plague. They are NOT the same. And the plain peanut butter ones are just 'meh'. Seems like a bit waste when you consider how not filling they are.

If you like them, though, go for it. But I would eat them as a snack rather than a meal, since they're not filling at all. To think I used to eat them as 'breakfast'. But then I'd be going back for more food an hour later. :laugh:
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    currently have the cinnamon brown sugar and the peanut butter ones. Both of which are epic deliciousness! :)
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    The frosted cinnamon and brown sugar ones are the only ones I like but I'd rather eat fig newtons if given the choice.
  • jjplato
    jjplato Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I think for a treat they are worth it especially if you cut one in half and put ice cream between the halfs.

Ahh... and here I thought I was the only one who knew about the Pop Tart Ice Cream Sandwich! There is truly no better dessert in the world. Chocolate fudge pop tart with vanilla bean ice cream :-)

Now I've got to go to the store...
  • squishycatmew
    squishycatmew Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My 12 year old adores the brown sugar cinnamon, we've had them around here for quite a while and I didn't realize they were relatively new... perhaps we were a test market. hub likes Chocolate fudge. I have loved the frosted strawberry and blueberry sinice I was a kid. I don't buy them because while I love them soooo much, and would find a way to work in the calories once in a while for a snack, not only is the sugar not a good idea for my diabetes but I can't quite trust myself to stop at one. At least, not yet.

I don't think they're new - I remember eating them in high school. For lunch. Out of the vending machine. Amazingly enough, I was actually at a reasonable weight then...
  • mblair1968
    mblair1968 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Poptarts have always sounded better, and looked better, than they have ever tasted to me. I am always disappointed with them.
  • histora
    histora Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I don't mind eating one here and there, leaving the other in the pkg or feeding it to the dog. I really like the cherry frosted ones.

They have oatmeal poptarts. I don't recommend them. They are horribly dry and crunchy.
  • WanderingPomme
    WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Okay definitely staying away from the peanut butter ones and oatmeals ones!! The berry ones.. Ehh.. Not something I'm into pop tartwise. I'm just really curious about the Cinnamon Brown Sugar ones!!! Pop Tarts never appealed to me before and the chocolate chip ones were ehhh. Not that great but after seeing the Cinnamon Brown Sugar flavor, I gotta say... I can't keep my mind of it. Lol
  • wampahoofus
    wampahoofus Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I only eat pop tarts on backpacking trips. Cinnamon Brown Sugar are one of my favorites. I'd be too afraid to start eating pop tarts at home but will gladly eat some in your honor during a 15 mile hike!
  • getlean414
    getlean414 Posts: 27
    Options
    I vote fig newton :)
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Brown sugar and cinnamon are amazing.

I'm super surprised about the peanut butter Pop-Tart disdain because I freaking love them. I warm them twice and they taste like a peanut butter cookie. Extra delicious with rocky road ice cream to make a sandwich.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Pop Tarts are one of those items I'll eat only if they're my absolute last option. The last time I ate one was months ago; I was at work, starving, and it was in the vending machine.

Nutritionally, they offer little, and based on their ingredients, give you a sugar spike and immediately bring you back down again soon after. But, they're an okay splurge once in a while if I can fit them into my macros. I personally enjoy the blueberry and strawberry ones.
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    currently have the cinnamon brown sugar and the peanut butter ones. Both of which are epic deliciousness! :)

I also liked the PB 1 (not the 1 w/ the chocolate/fudge on the outside).
    We like to toast them but my husband likes putting a little butter on his (I don't)!
    I haven't had them since they 1st came out (that initial "must try" box) and especially since signing up with MFP!
    I know someone else brought up the Special K Crisps, we made a switch to those (even though I'm the 1 who's on the "diet") and we both like them.
    I've found that I actually like them better than Pop tarts, I feel like I'm getting more filling and less of the "pastry" which helps to curb my "sugar" need!
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    <-- In4 poptart ice cream sandwiches! Pumpkin pie poptarts stuff with edys pumpkin patch ice cream FTW! :drinker:
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I vote fig newton :)

Me too. I always thought Pop Tarts were way too sweet. Now even more so.
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Brown sugah/cinn. is the go to flavor in our house for 3/5.
    1/5 prefer cookies and cream.
    1/5 dislike most, will eat the occasional cake batter sprinkly thing. Otherwise, not the taste I prefer.
    I've even found a recipe and made them from scratch.

NOW I am interested.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options

I remember having Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop Tarts as far back as probably 2004, so they are not new.

I am not crazy about pop tarts personally. I would absolutely chow down on one if I liked them more, though. They do provide SOME nutrition, it's just not the ideal food or anything.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    To me, they aren't worth it. I loved them as a kid and during college, took a break eating them for a couple of years then I tried them again. Needless to say, adult me was not a fan anymore.