Pop Tarts

Options

Replies

• liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I like the smoors ones,.. I don't treat them like a meal, it's like eating cookies or cake to me. I'll have them ones in a while.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Brown Sugar Cinnamon ones are great with butter on them :)
    Love the S'Mores and Berry flavors
    But I'm a big fan of berry fig newtons too but I see that as a totally different animal
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I can't do Pop Tarts...

because of Toaster Strudels...
    :heart:

I'm obviously conflicted because this too ^
  • Kenazwa
    Kenazwa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Not a Pop Tart (or any other toaster pastry) fan; it would be a total waste of 200 calories for me. But - for example - 200 calories worth of chocolate stout (beer) and I'm all in!
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I don't really understand all of these comments about them being a waste of calories. ...I mean, does every calorie that you deposit in your face have to pack a nutritional punch? Sometimes the value of the thing is that it simply tastes good - not that it has 20 grams of protein and 20 grams of fiber. *shrug* Just sayin'. **steps down off of soapbox**

My favorite is the un-frosted strawberry ones. Classic. They're nice toasted with a hot cup of Peppermint Tea. Mmmmm....

funny-om-nom-shaycarl.gif

"waste of calories" to me means "I don't like them enough to spare the 200 calories for one, when I can shovel 28 grams of popcorn in my face for 150."
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    try special K pastry crisps. they have several flavors and only 100 calories for 2! and the best part is ....they taste like pop tart without the super calories (400 per tart)

I was never fond of pop tarts, but I love those. They didn't have the brown sugar cinnamon one this morning though (but I've had it before... really good). There seems to be a caramel one now? I'll buy it next time I think.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Not a Pop Tart (or any other toaster pastry) fan; it would be a total waste of 200 calories for me. But - for example - 200 calories worth of chocolate stout (beer) and I'm all in!

Great Divide has an amazing Chocolate Stout. Mmmmmmm.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Omg now all I want is a smores pop tart. Everything hurts.
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I too love the s'mores flavor. Now I really want to make a s'mores pop tart ice cream sandwich...
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    How is this even a question?

Pop-tarts are always worth it. ALWAYS.

Especially the brown sugar ones...those my faves. I like them just barely burned so that some of the sugar frosting starts to caramelize.

I especially like that I can now exercise control and only eat one. Win win!

FWIW, I do treat them like a dessert. I eat them at the end of my day if I have room left over. I don't rely on them to meet my other nutritional needs.

Finally a voice of reason in this otherwise dark and dreary thread!

I was beginning to lose all faith in humanity, but you have restored it. There truly are still reasonable, rational people in this world.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    So I gave Pop Tarts another chance... Straight out of the package this time. No bueno. :indifferent: Ended up making my own brown sugar cinnamon toast to satisfy my brown sugar cinnamon craving. :laugh:

Straight out of the package?!??

:angry:

What part of toaster pastry do you not understand?

At least she's trying. Give her a break, you big, 3,000 calorie a day consuming meanie.

Don't you excessively-high-TDEE-calorie-shame me!

And she may be trying, but she's doing it wrong.

That would be like me melting down a pint of B&J ice cream and then evaluating it.

TL;DR - Poptarts are supposed to be toasted...and frosted. Anything else is wrong.

Truth.

Oh, this just reminded me--when I was a kid we didn't have a toaster. I had pop tarts a couple times warmed in the microwave and couldn't understand what the fuss was all about. Then I went to college and bought a toaster. :wink:

I, too, have experienced this inferior "microtart". I'm so glad you finally saw the toaster light...I am only slightly saddened that it took a couple of decades for you.

Now that you understand the Good News of toasted poptarts, go forth and spread your knowledge with the uninformed masses (many of whom are in this very thread blaspheming against the good name of poptarts (and more specifically, against the obviously superior frosted brown sugar cinnamon poptart)).

Godspeed, brave and noble warrior.

Godspeed.
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I remember Pop Tarts. My favs are the non-frosted Blueberry ones. Never buy them anymore, but perhaps I will someday.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I remember Pop Tarts. My favs are the non-frosted Blueberry ones. Never buy them anymore, but perhaps I will someday.

I'm guessing you skipped a few pages of this thread?
  • Siigh_duck
    Siigh_duck Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    mm I love apple blast flavour, tastes like warm apple pie ^-^
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    So, I haven't had them in years (Not that I was avoiding them but I had other goodies in mind!) but I saw a Brown Sugar Cinnamon one in the grocery the other day and it caught my attention! I absolutely LOVE cinnamon! I never saw that flavor before. I think the last one I had was a chocolate chip one.

Anyway, is it worth buying? calories Or just ehhh?

What's your favorite Pop Tart flavor?

(Or should I just get fig newtons? Lol)

I don't know what you wrote... I'm too busy falling in love with the shoe in your profile pic.
    :love:
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    cover them in melted chocolate. wait, what? sorry. covering things in melted chocolate is my stock answer for a lot of things.

Vday_assortment_zps8979e856.jpg

unfrosted poptarts covered in melted chocolate are delicious. these VDAY 'cards' were a hit with the 2nd-graders. i never was a fan until we made these.

picwin! :bigsmile: first forum-posted pic on MFP
  • Wilson929
    Wilson929 Posts: 100
    Options
    Eating a Hot Fudge Sundae Poptart crushed up in Artic Zero Chocolate right now !!
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options

^^You, I like!! And yes to the chocolate/peanut butter ones as they are my fav - toasted, of course.

But kuddos to those who you who seriously wanted to argue the nutritional value on a "pop tart" thread. I swear, do you go around telling kids that the Easter Bunny isn't real??
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

^^You, I like!! And yes to the chocolate/peanut butter ones as they are my fav - toasted, of course.

But kuddos to those who you who seriously wanted to argue the nutritional value on a "pop tart" thread. I swear, do you go around telling kids that the Easter Bunny isn't real??

elf-you-sit-on-a-throne-of-lies.png
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options

elf-you-sit-on-a-throne-of-lies.png

Care to sit with me???

tumblr_n4ce9qEHqi1s44juho1_400.gif