• _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    8wsbs.jpg

You...I like you...
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    The only negative calorie foods are waffles and pickles.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Tang
    2ugjplv.jpg

I'm not a fan of Tang myself...

Not THAT Tang....the OTHER one
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Side note: As I wrote the above statement, I realized that while I know what constitutes a 'pipe dream' I had no idea why it meant what it did. Thanks to google: the derivation of pipe dream - from the fantasies brought about by the smoking of opium
    First Known Use: 1890

I just thought it was important to learn something in this thread.

So, basically, it was the 19th century version of "I'd like some of what you're smoking"?
  • likitisplit
    Options
    a pickel is supposed to have zero calories.

pushing it through your system might net out to less then zero calories.

i wouldn't expect the exercise from eating pickles to amount to much weight loss tho ;)

Dude, there's a food calorie database right on this website. Try looking things up before you say things. A medium dill pickle has 12 calories. That's not very many, but still a lot more than zero.

And we all know that the MFP dbase has pristine accuracy.
  • Rhiyeshaa
    Rhiyeshaa Posts: 1
    Options
    A negative-calorie food would be a food that required more food energy to be digested than it provided. That is, its thermic effect – the caloric "cost" of digesting the food – would be greater than its food energy content. The thermic effect is scientifically called specific dynamic action. While this concept is popular in dieting guides, there is no scientific evidence supporting the idea that any food is a negative-calorie food.

Negative calorie vegetables: Aubergine, Asparagus, Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflower, Celery, Chicory, Cress, Cucumber, Fennel, Gourd, Leek, Lettuce, Marrow,Peppers, Radish, Spinach,Tomato, Turnip, etc.
    Negative calorie fruits: Apricot, Blackberry Blackcurrant, Clementines, Damsons, Grapefruit, Guava, Honeydew Melon, Lemon, Mandarin orange, Melon Cantaloupe, Peaches, Plums, Raspberry, Rhubarb, Strawberry, Tangerine, Watermelon
    Watermelon??????/
    Negative calorie!!!!! Seriosly!! Thnx bt no thnx. According to d calorie chart.. one bowl of fresh watermelon contains 23 calories. get it ryt!
  • LoveMyLife_NYC
    LoveMyLife_NYC Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Negative calorie vegetables: Aubergine, Asparagus, Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflower, Celery, Chicory, Cress, Cucumber, Fennel, Gourd, Leek, Lettuce, Marrow,Peppers, Radish, Spinach,Tomato, Turnip, etc.
    Negative calorie fruits: Apricot, Blackberry Blackcurrant, Clementines, Damsons, Grapefruit, Guava, Honeydew Melon, Lemon, Mandarin orange, Melon Cantaloupe, Peaches, Plums, Raspberry, Rhubarb, Strawberry, Tangerine, Watermelon

If these foods have negative calories, then do they also not contribute towards your macros and micros for the day? These foods contain carbs, protein, sugar, vitamins, fiber, and sodium.

Why would you log some food, but not others?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    It's evident that very few people read my post in its entirety. I DID state that I record them, I record everything, it was just a question.

so you want to know how to make the calories that you think are negative, but show up a positive, a negative in your food log? Got ya....
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

If these foods have negative calories, then do they also not contribute towards your macros and micros for the day? These foods contain carbs, protein, sugar, vitamins, fiber, and sodium.

magic...
  • KseRz
    Options

Ignorance?
  • firfeous
    firfeous Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Tang
    2ugjplv.jpg

Oh you meant yellow tang....
    j8jrc3.jpg
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Side note: As I wrote the above statement, I realized that while I know what constitutes a 'pipe dream' I had no idea why it meant what it did. Thanks to google: the derivation of pipe dream - from the fantasies brought about by the smoking of opium
    First Known Use: 1890

I just thought it was important to learn something in this thread.

I need more pipe dreams
    I'm in a pipe dream. All these fluffy clouds...
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    A negative-calorie food would be a food that required more food energy to be digested than it provided. That is, its thermic effect – the caloric "cost" of digesting the food – would be greater than its food energy content. The thermic effect is scientifically called specific dynamic action. While this concept is popular in dieting guides, there is no scientific evidence supporting the idea that any food is a negative-calorie food.

No to all of the above especially all of the listed fruits. If you eat enough of any of those foods, you'd gain weight. They are not negative calorie foods.

Hmmm.... maybe not. If you ate enough of some of those foods to actually gain weight, you might poop yourself to death. Just sayin.
  • KseRz
    Options
    Tang
    2ugjplv.jpg

j8jrc3.jpg

Nooooooo! Not THAT Tang either. 1 cup of yellow tang contains 130 cals and 21g of protein though!
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I vote corn.

if it comes out looking about the same as when I ate it- I'm going with a none food.

But I still count it. :drinker:

That was so awesome!!! LOL!
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Everything you eat has calories. Everything.

Even celery. I mean, I put in some cabbage and it was only 9 calories. I could say that's nothing, but since I'm doing this, I have to include it.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Tang
    2ugjplv.jpg

j8jrc3.jpg

Nooooooo! Not THAT Tang either. 1 cup of yellow tang contains 130 cals and 21g of protein though!

Tang?

brn_cit_tangtype.jpg
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options

No, just no. If you want to be successful at weight loss, log every single bite you eat!!! No no no. And one more time NO.