Countdown to Thanksgiving--let's do it!

Options
123457»

Replies

• Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Two weeks away! Here is a bit of an update!

Current weight: 197
    Goal weight: 192

Not sure if I'll get there BUT I did lose inches! So far I've lost 3.5 inches off my waist!! That's a big change and I'm very happy about it.

My routine right now is big calories throughout the day so that when I exercise at night, I don't have a ton of calories to eat back late into the evening. That's been helping.

Also I work out for 2 days, then I take one rest day. This week I'm doing Kettlebells for 20 minutes. Next week I'll go back to Zumba. These two routines have been really successful for me.

I'm dealing with TOM right now which is good news because I'll not being dealing with it on my weigh-in date of 11/22. Less water and salt retention to deal with for my official weigh-in :happy:

How is everyone else?

Katie
  • doublexhelix
    doublexhelix Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Two weeks away! Here is a bit of an update!

Current weight: 197
    Goal weight: 192

Not sure if I'll get there BUT I did lose inches! So far I've lost 3.5 inches off my waist!! That's a big change and I'm very happy about it.

My routine right now is big calories throughout the day so that when I exercise at night, I don't have a ton of calories to eat back late into the evening. That's been helping.

Also I work out for 2 days, then I take one rest day. This week I'm doing Kettlebells for 20 minutes. Next week I'll go back to Zumba. These two routines have been really successful for me.

I'm dealing with TOM right now which is good news because I'll not being dealing with it on my weigh-in date of 11/22. Less water and salt retention to deal with for my official weigh-in :happy:

How is everyone else?

Katie

congrats on the inches lost!!! i think that's ultimately more important than losing pounds. especially since recent health studies have said that having a waist size of over X (i think it was 37 inches last i checked?) was more of what caused health issues than pure weight.

i am doing okay, i just changed my goals on the site from lose 1 and a 1/2 pounds a week to losing 1 pound. my recommended calories for the prior one was getting too close to 1200 and it was making me nervous :P i feel like this is a more realistic calorie goal for me to hit week after week. i have to keep reminding myself its not a race to lose weight :P
  • Kekibird
    Options
    Wow, interesting statistic about the waist size, Doublex. I think I've heard the same thing.

Katie
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Happy weekend everyone.
  • Lisa_reds
    Lisa_reds Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    So close.....

Current weight: 138 (it was teetering between 137 and 138)
    Goal weight 136.

Never EVER in my wildest dream would I have thought I would be (almost) ten pounds less by thanksgiving. Thanks!!
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    How has everyone done this weekend?
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    SW: 179
    Last weeks weight: 175
    CW: 172
    Goal:165 (that is going to very difficult but I knew that going in)
  • nomoremuffintopness
    Options
    Im at 152. I did terrible this weekend though
  • doublexhelix
    Options
    alright here goes:

SW: 191
    last week: 188
    CW: 187.8
    goal: 185

not much of a drop.... well! i got a new scale midway through the week which had me back up at 191. so... i got back down to ~188. so i am super happy! haha. AND i made an effort to drink the full amount of water i should and it has really made a difference!
  • NikkiJ17
    NikkiJ17 Posts: 295
    Options
    Hey peeps, down another 2 pounds!! WooHoo!!! Very pumped!!! 4.9 pounds to go to my Thanksgiving goal!
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    great job Nikki.
  • Kekibird
    Options
    No change in weight. But I'm seeing the results. My upper chest/body area is looking slimmer AKA I'm losing my boobs. Sigh....

But I'm still hanging at 197. Seems like my weight is as stubborn as me.

Katie
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    Happy hump day everyone.
  • funnygirl0940
    Options
    I'm 5' 7.5"

1. Current weight: 162.5
    2. Goal weight for Thanksgiving: 155

I'm 158 this a.m.(4.5 pound loss)and still hoping for a slide after a 9 day plateau and expecting a great week!
  • funnygirl0940
    Options
    Ruth, you may not of hit your goal yet but wow! you're doing great!
  • Kekibird
    Options
    Here we are, Thanksgiving week.

I hit 195.6 which is a little over 3 lbs from my goal for Thursday.

A little bummed I couldn't pull it off and get there but I did lose a little in pounds and a lot in inches.

So onto the next goal.

Katie
  • NikkiJ17
    NikkiJ17 Posts: 295
    Options
    Well, I don't know if I'll make my goal or not. I've got 1.9 pounds to go before Thursday morning. But, I am so excited and proud about how I've done so if I make it great, if not...I'll get there!!!
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    SW: 179
    Last weeks weight: 175
    CW: 172
    Goal:165 (that is going to very difficult but I knew that going in)

no change from last week
  • doublexhelix
    Options
    SW: 191
    last week: 187.8
    CW: 187.4
    goal: 185

alright, with my last week being period week AND going out two nights, i think i did pretty good! yay .4 lbs, hahh. anyway, i dont know that i'll make it to thanksgiving (in fact prob not), but it has been awesome to track my weight loss over this time and see you guys checking in!
    let's see...i had a total of... 3.6 lbs lost. not incredibly much but still in the right direction!
  • funnygirl0940
    Options
    STARTED AT:
    I'm 5' 7.5"

1. Current weight: 162.5
    2. Goal weight for Thanksgiving: 155

FINISHED:
    Current weight this Thanksgiving morning 156.5
    lost 6 pounds & I'm below 160!!! I'm happy!!!

Congratulations and Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!! Keep up the good work!