50 pounds by june 1st challenge!!!

Options

Replies

• raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    FYI... per Fit day. If you start today it is 30 weeks.
    We have to lose 1.63 lbs a week or 0.23 lbs a day. Sounds easy enough broke down that way.:bigsmile:
  • bhonniered
    Options
    I am in - this is a great challenge - May 29th is my birthday and to be 50lbs lighter would be amazing!

I try to do my Tae Bo videos 2-4 times a week and go to the gym twice a week to use the weights. I would appreciate any support I can get.
  • breannk
    breannk Posts: 92
    Options
    i'm in! i dont have 50 lbs to lose i only have like 40 but i would love to be at my goal weight for summer! LETS DO THIS :D

SW:183
    CW:180
    GW:143
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    Ok, i am gonna take a leap of faith and say I am in too! My original goal weight was 174 which is *just* into the 'healthy' BMI range. It seemed quite an achievement to get that far so i didnt want to set myself up for too high of a goal, just to fall short... at least initially. But now that i am less than 20 pounds till i hit my initial goal, i KNOW that i am going to want to lose more and will be ABLE to lose more! (and get more fit!). So by joining in the 50 pound challenge, it will move my goal to 141, which is still within the "healthy" range, but much lower in that range which for me is like 128 - 174. Still gonna have a MAJOR celebration when i see that 174!!! :) Ok, I am very very IN! (feel free to friend me, btw!)
  • bainos
    bainos Posts: 99
    Options
    Yes, Monday will be our weigh in days. Welcome to all the new comers.
  • bainos
    bainos Posts: 99
    Options
    Hey everybody. Monday is November 1st and that gives us exactly 7 months to lose 50 lbs. I know we can do this. Mondays will be our weigh in days. Its best to weigh in as soon as you wake up. So, lets keep each other motivated and try and have some fun with all of this. Keeping things interesting will keep you motivated.
  • raindancer
    Options
    Doing better today on my food choices. But no structured exercise yet, just ton of running errands.

Hope everyone has a great weekend

Just remember...:bigsmile: Failure is not falling down its not getting back up.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Only had two pieces of Halloween candy today for a total of 170 calories!!!

That's HUGE for me lol.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I am sooo in for this! I need all the support/motivation I can get! I'm hoping to lose more than 50 by then, but it's a great goal to have! :)

Good luck to everyone!
  • sudafee
    Options
    I'm in too. My goal is to 150 so works with my schedule. I'm just starting my second week so wish me luck.
  • raindancer
    Options
    Only had two pieces of Halloween candy today for a total of 170 calories!!!

That's HUGE for me lol.

WOOHOO!!!
    We are standing strong. :bigsmile: I have been passing the bowl all day and been able stay out of it..
  • lindadl
    Options
    I'm in!!! Just started 2 weeks ago. Lost 4 lbs. Want to be able to ride on back of husbands harley more comfortably by July:flowerforyou:
  • lindadl
    Options
    I'm in!!! Just started 2 weeks ago. Lost 4 lbs. Want to be able to ride on back of husbands harley more comfortably by July:flowerforyou:
  • breannk
    breannk Posts: 92
    Options
    I LOVE that "failure is not falling down its not getting back up" i needed that i have been eating really bad this week! I had midterms and was stressed! but tommorow is a new day and Im not giving up! :)
  • mrssparkle
    Options
    I would love to lose 50lb by June 1st. I am having a thyroid op and want to lose weight for the operation but find it really hard to shift the weight due to the medication. This challenge will hopefully motivate me when the going gets tough. As part of my exercise regime I am going to start a virtual walk from York to Munich, which is where I hope to be holidaying in June '11. Over 30 weeks this equates to approx 23 miles per week and a weight loss of 1.6lb, When broken down like this doesn't seem to bad. Just need to get my backside into gear now!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I would love to lose 50lb by June 1st. I am having a thyroid op and want to lose weight for the operation but find it really hard to shift the weight due to the medication. This challenge will hopefully motivate me when the going gets tough. As part of my exercise regime I am going to start a virtual walk from York to Munich, which is where I hope to be holidaying in June '11. Over 30 weeks this equates to approx 23 miles per week and a weight loss of 1.6lb, When broken down like this doesn't seem to bad. Just need to get my backside into gear now!

Good plan!! You can do it!
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    Is it too late to join you ? Also, do we post weigh ins?? Thanks so much if you allow me to join!
  • sdb903
    sdb903 Posts: 85
    Options
    Hi, I would also love to join if its not to late. I joined this site a couple of weeks ago and weighed 205 lbs, I weighed in this morning and I am 199.9. I was so excited to see a 5 lb loss!!!! We can all achieve this together. :smile:
  • raindancer
    Options
    We would love to have you!
  • sheaz85
    sheaz85 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in! I want to lose 53 lbs so i'm good for it! :tongue: