• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

pregnant women are smug.

that cracked me up

well. they are- just no one will say it LMAO

but glad I could add a smile to your day :D

Not all! I promise. :drinker:

I will accept the premise that there are few exceptions to the smugness- and most of them realize they carry a parasite and they are okay with it.

Some people seriously need to get a sense of humor. I'm grateful to you my friend!!! I now have faith not every child born this century will be a pompous douchecanoe LMAO
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation, even junk. My kids love veggies and fruit. They also love chocolate cake. I have pics of my 1 year old celebrating his birthday with a face full of frosting and crumbs. No biggie. Introduce everything so they find balance and don't feel the need to gorge on junk when they feel rebellious. Hypothetically, with the understanding they'll rebel in some other equally horrible fashion . . . :grumble:
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    FACT - There will always be parents out there that should not be parents...for many reasons other than what they feed their kids (though, without a doubt, this can be concerning in some circumstances.) Unfortunately, these parents will never know who they are.
    Some diets are better then others, but feeding a child a diet that does not conform to your ideals (generic you) does not make it a bad diet. Bad parents do know who they are, bad parents just don't care. That is why they are bad parents.

I agree with you 100%. my son is 18months and has never had chocolate or anything like that. he eats healthier then I do! Its always those mothers that try and justify it by saying oh my kid doesnt like veggies... that sounds more like a parenting problem to me!

Poor kid. chocolate is yummy.. I really really hope you did the smash cake for his 1st birthday. That's a rite of passage.. denying your kid treats such as chocolate just means he will eat a ton when mommy isn't around. sorry, but that's the plain truth of it. My son has never been restricted from eating treats (quantity was limited before though), and now he moderates himself.
    Wow, I must be a terrible mother - I have a pic of my son on my Facebook with Nutella smeared all over his face...
    Welcome to the club! *pulls up second chair* We have cookies here. :drinker:

Father chiming in...

Every year on my son's actual birth date, whatever day of the week it falls on, his grandparents take him to a pizza buffet. It started when he was 1. He is now 8 and...pretty skinny. He also loves cheeseburgers. Like LOVES cheeseburgers. Doesn't much care for candy but can polish off a bag of cheetos like no one's business. This is all allowed because he doesn't get this kind of stuff OFTEN. A treat is a treat, not a regularity. At that point, it is no longer a treat. Kinda makes sense that way. My daughter on the hand, goes ape crazy over chicken nuggets, and "bee cereal". She gets these things. But the rules at my house are simple, you eat what your given, and only after that, you can eat whatever you want. Sometimes my boy throws a fit over dinner, and I don't blame him. Few kids are thrilled when they see a bowl full of stewed tomatoes, chicken, and who knows what else. But he wants his damn waffles for dessert, and so that soup gets ate pretty quick. It's not rocket science, it's incentive and common sense.

There are bad parents, and there are back seat observers who know little to nothing about the people they comment on. And yes, we had the smash cake as well for both of them. Number three will turn one year old later this year and I imagine we will do the same with him. Teach your kids moderation, because you won't be around them all the time, and their friends WILL have stuff you don't have at home. Teach them how to eat, not just what to eat.

Don't worry grandparents, and fathers can feed the kids whatever they want, it's just those evil mothers that are screwing up their kids.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options

pregnant women are smug.

that cracked me up

Not all! I promise. :drinker:

I will accept the premise that there are few exceptions to the smugness- and most of them realize they carry a parasite and they are okay with it.

Some people seriously need to get a sense of humor. I'm grateful to you my friend!!! I now have faith not every child born this century will be a pompous douchecanoe LMAO

Babies are parasites, no doubt about it. Even after they are out.

I love my kids with every fiber of my being...but they also drive me batty.

You DO have to have a sense of humor about parenting because, well, it's FUNNY.

I can read my kids a bedtime story, then go read this blog www.stfuparentsblog.com and laugh!
  • DianeinCA
    DianeinCA Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    All I can say to the parent of 14 month old is...

You have it easy right now.

I HIGHLY recommend you stop judging anyone's choices about anything and get clear on your own.
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options

pregnant women are smug.

that cracked me up

I can't find it in me to bring out the smug due to the constant worry and fear. It's scary.
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    http://www.stfuparentsblog.com/

now THAT is some funny stuff
  • AnitaCRice
    AnitaCRice Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I figure what people feed their children is their business, but I do worry about their health and wonder if they eat that junk all the time when I see that kind of thing out in public.

My son is almost 2, and has treats but I try to limit them. He does not get soda because he just doesn't need it, and his juice is limited and mixed with water. I worry about his teeth, since he fights me when I try to brush them. And 2-year-olds are way stronger than I though! He has always been fed many varieties of fruits and vegetables, and thankfully he likes most of them.

I want to limit the unhealthy foods he eats and promote healthy foods so that he will hopefully want to eat a little healthier than I did when he gets older!
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, you can tell yourself you're better than them because you would never do something like that.
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I figure what people feed their children is their business, but I do worry about their health and wonder if they eat that junk all the time when I see that kind of thing out in public.

My son is almost 2, and has treats but I try to limit them. He does not get soda because he just doesn't need it, and his juice is limited and mixed with water. I worry about his teeth, since he fights me when I try to brush them. And 2-year-olds are way stronger than I though! He has always been fed many varieties of fruits and vegetables, and thankfully he likes most of them.

I want to limit the unhealthy foods he eats and promote healthy foods so that he will hopefully want to eat a little healthier than I did when he gets older!

That sounds like some healthy common sense Anita. For teeth brushing, it was simple to convince my daughter to do it, since if she didn't, then dad would. And she didn't like when dad would do it. The inevitability of her teeth brushing has convinced her to get cooperative.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, you can tell yourself you're better than them because you would never do something like that.

Exactly.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I complete agree, it makes me want to scream. Hubby's families thought I was crazy when

I wouldn't put cordial/soda/rice cereal in my daughters bottles
    Delayed solids until 7-8months
    Wouldn't give them Mcdoanlds before 5
    They only snacks they can have is fruit/veggie sticks/nuts
    how sad.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    All I can say to the parent of 14 month old is...

You have it easy right now.

I HIGHLY recommend you stop judging anyone's choices about anything and get clear on your own.

This is the truth too.

When my son was that young I could feed him whatever.

Now, a day of only cherry tomatoes, cantaloupe, and mac and cheese is success!
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I have given my kids cake for breakfast a time or two.

SUE ME!

"Dad is great, gives us the chocolate cake"

hqdefault.jpg
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Having a rant...

I have a 14 month old son, and have so many friends around me with babies similar age. Everyday I see them posting pics on face book of there babies face covered in chocolate and cake. I am ok with 'kids' having a treat every now and than. But a 'baby' does not need that sort of food in there tiny bodies, and I feel like yelling at these stupid mothers and telling them to stop feeding there kids diabetes. Babies need real foods to help with there growth and development, not junk food. It is just as easy to chop up some banana for a baby for a snack than to just whip out the chocolate bar!
    At this young age it is crucial to start the our children on healthy eating habits.

This only directed at the mums who don't care for there children's health (Which seems to be a lot of them these days). I know there is still so many mum's out there who feed there babies the proper healthy foods.

I personally don't feel it's my business what another parent feeds their child. I have many much more important things to worry about. I only feed my kids cookies, pop-tarts and ice cream....I can't be troubled to actually prepare food.
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Moms judging other moms are the worst. Good luck your next 16+ years OP!!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Having a rant...

I have a 14 month old son, and have so many friends around me with babies similar age. Everyday I see them posting pics on face book of there babies face covered in chocolate and cake. I am ok with 'kids' having a treat every now and than. But a 'baby' does not need that sort of food in there tiny bodies, and I feel like yelling at these stupid mothers and telling them to stop feeding there kids diabetes. Babies need real foods to help with there growth and development, not junk food. It is just as easy to chop up some banana for a baby for a snack than to just whip out the chocolate bar!
    At this young age it is crucial to start the our children on healthy eating habits.

This only directed at the mums who don't care for there children's health (Which seems to be a lot of them these days). I know there is still so many mum's out there who feed there babies the proper healthy foods.

I honestly NO JOKE think FB is the PERFECT place for this post.

I HIGHLY suggest you go to FB right now and respond to every single one of those pics with the most succinct and exemplary of you part of your statement.

"Stupid mothers (must) stop feeding there kids diabetes!"

Just copy pasta so it will be faster because you will have so many pics to respond to you don't want to take too much typing it each time. GOOD LUCK. It's your war to fight. Now go fight it. On FB.

connery-run-along-o.gif
  • lngbrd
    lngbrd Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I grew up in a time when my parents smoked in the car, we piled all 9 of us kids in a station wagon with no seat belts, and we didn't have baby safety locks or doors. We survived. We also were poor and my Mom stretched the food budget to the limit to feed all of us whatever she could, we survived. When I started making a living and had a little $ I ate the stuff we couldn't afford growing up. As soon as I left the military I started putting on weight. We fed our kids crap in the beginning, mcnuggets and fries and such. Now our older son is 19 6'1" and 170 lbs and works in a health food store. Our younger son is 17 6'0" 215 (he is a 2 sport athlete and really into weightlifting) he also eats mostly healthy foods and the protein shakes and such..

My point is that some kids will be heavily influenced by the parents and some won't. We provided a poor model for health to our kids and they are pretty healthy young men.

Also, I've been successful in my time of raising kids with not giving a ---- what other parents say and believe. To each their own! And as I always say "if you don't like what you see, as long as its not abusive or illegal, avert your gaze!"
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Poor OP...neuron starved and glial bereft....
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Mummy's don't exist!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.