Detox water!!

Options
Has anyone been consuming water with lemon, mint and ginger or anything similar? Or anyone tried cinnamon tea?
is it making any difference?

Replies

• ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Has anyone been consuming water with lemon, mint and ginger or anything similar? Or anyone tried cinnamon tea?

I like the way water with lemon tastes. that's it.
  • natashaingrid
    Options
    I drink one glass of water in the morning with 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar. This is great for blood pressure. The rest of the time I add lemon to my water. I can't say that the lemon itself has has helped me lose weight, but lemon enhances the flavor and I do drink more water as a result. Drinking more water HAS helped me lose weight so whatever makes you drink more water, is a good thing.
  • natashaingrid
    Options
    One last mention, I find that hot water does serve as an appetite suppressant, so cinnamon tea should work. I lost 10 lbs by changing nothing in my diet but adding two cups of hot green tea a day. They say green tea boosts metabolism - for me the hot calorie-free liquid (and maybe the caffeine) reduced my appetite.
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to detox lemons? Lemons wont kill you.

Or am I missing something here?
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    What toxins are you specifically trying to eliminate?
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I have been on a 'ginger tea with lemon' kick for the past couple of days and let me tell you it's a great detox. I didn't know they use it as a detox, I was just trying to get rid of this cold without having to resort to antibiotics. Works really well.

Tazo has an organic chai with a blend of spices, but I don't find it works that well.
  • zahra1975
    zahra1975 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just heard it would help reduce belly fat! It's something I am trying to include in my diet.
  • QueenMaryam04
    QueenMaryam04 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Health Benefits of Lemon Water
    Promotes hydration
    Natural energy boost
    Promotes an alkaline pH
    Promotes Elimination
    Aids digestion
    Boosts immune system
    Boosts hydrochloric acid production
    Natural diuretic
    Antibacterial properties
    Aids with gastric upsets such as heartburn and indigestion
    Purifies the blood
    Promotes healthy liver enzyme levels
    Promotes circulation in the liver
    Helps dissolve uric acid in the joints
    Acts as a natural solvent for calcium deposits, kidney stones, pancreatic stones, and gallstones
    The vitamin C nourishes and rejuvenates your skin from the inside, bringing you a healthy glow

Energy Boost & Hydration
    Citric acid in lemon is highly electrically active, and pure water acts as a conductor to deliver electrolytes directly to your cells. It’s liken to a liquid sunshine burst that boosts cell energy and nourishes your adrenals for a clean energy output that sustains you throughout your day. This is why lemon water is so effective with helping people kick the coffee habit. Coffee is dehydrating and stresses your adrenals. Although you’re temporarily energized, this kind of dirty energy is actually very draining and depletes your body’s energy reserves.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    . Coffee is dehydrating and stresses your adrenals. Although you’re temporarily energized, this kind of dirty energy is actually very draining and depletes your body’s energy reserves.
    Err nonsense I'm afraid. Unless you drink excessive amount of coffee it's as dehydrating as water.
    http://www.runnersworld.com/drinks-hydration/study-moderate-caffeine-intake-doesnt-lead-to-dehydration

Also what the hell is 'dirt energy'? Energy is an energy I'm afraid
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Promotes hydration
    Promotes an alkaline pH

So does water.
    Promotes Elimination

So does coffee, water, beans, and exercise.
    Antibacterial properties

Even if true, killing bacteria in a healthy body is a bad thing. Bacteria is what is keeping you alive. It digests your food for you. The only bacteria where I could see this as a possible benefit (and have a realistic shot of succeeding) is in your mouth. Mouthwash and drinking straight water would do a better job.
    Purifies the blood

Is this holy lemon water?
    The vitamin C nourishes and rejuvenates your skin from the inside, bringing you a healthy glow

Won't give you nearly enough vitamin C, and you can also get it from plenty of other sources, including vitamin pills.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I just heard it would help reduce belly fat! It's something I am trying to include in my diet.
    No. Caloric deficit reduces belly fat.

This.

You don't need to detox, your kidneys take care of that.

If flavored water makes you drink more water, great! Otherwise no.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Promotes hydration
    Natural energy boost
    Promotes an alkaline pH
    Promotes Elimination
    Aids digestion
    Boosts immune system
    Natural diuretic
    Antibacterial properties
    Purifies the blood
    Acts as a natural solvent for calcium deposits, kidney stones, pancreatic stones, and gallstones

Energy Boost & Hydration
    Citric acid in lemon is highly electrically active, and pure water acts as a conductor to deliver electrolytes directly to your cells. It’s liken to a liquid sunshine burst that boosts cell energy and nourishes your adrenals for a clean energy output that sustains you throughout your day. This is why lemon water is so effective with helping people kick the coffee habit. Coffee is dehydrating and stresses your adrenals. Although you’re temporarily energized, this kind of dirty energy is actually very draining and depletes your body’s energy reserves.

No... No... again, NO.

There is no magical infused water that will make you healthy and skinny.
  • Christizzzle
    Christizzzle Posts: 454 Member
    Options

I like the way water with lemon tastes. that's it.

Same here.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Promotes hydration
    Natural energy boost
    Promotes an alkaline pH
    Promotes Elimination
    Aids digestion
    Boosts immune system
    Natural diuretic
    Antibacterial properties
    Purifies the blood

Energy Boost & Hydration

:laugh: :laugh: :sad:
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Purifies the blood

Oh good...can't have a proper sacrifice without the blood of the pure.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I have been on a 'ginger tea with lemon' kick for the past couple of days and let me tell you it's a great detox. I didn't know they use it as a detox, I was just trying to get rid of this cold without having to resort to antibiotics. Works really well.

Tazo has an organic chai with a blend of spices, but I don't find it works that well.

Colds are viral...they do not give antibiotics for a virus. Take some zinc, that will help.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

Colds are viral...they do not give antibiotics for a virus. Take some zinc, that will help.

Seriously...if your Doctor prescribed you antibiotics for a cold...time to get a new doctor.