Fitbit $100. is it worth it?

Options

Replies

• Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I was absolutely happy with mine for a little while, got it in January, but now its not calculating all of my steps. I'm very upset that it didn't last a year, especially for the cost. I have the fit bit one, its clip on. It used to track all my steps and also when I rode my stationary bike. It now only calculates about half of my steps and no bike movement. :(

Have you contacted their customer service. They are very helpful. They replaced one for me that wasn't charging properly. They paid for shipping both ways. I have also read comments from people that have lost theirs and they replaced them.

I like mine. It makes me get up and move a little more that I used to. Last night my dog got an extra walk as I was trying to get to my step goal and beat one of my friends :) I don't know that it has helped me lose weight, but my issue is nutrition more than activity.
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    i love my fitbit.. i have the flex and i can wear it in the water (i usually only take it off to charge it).. it keeps me moving and i have friends on there and i can see others progress and try to meet or beat them, but i definitely try to beat my previous days progress... my uncle and some cousins had a challenge group for awhile and if someone didn't get their goal in then that person bought lunch for the group...

i would highly recommend it...
  • TriEmma
    TriEmma Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi.

I won a Fitbit in the Sunday Times competition. I just never got to grips with it so I gave mine away. I have to say that I had never heard of MFP so maybe I would have stuck at it if I had.

Try it...maybe you will love it?
  • gieshagirl
    gieshagirl Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    im thinking about getting one too. everyone I have talked with says that they are worth the money and are great to track and motivate. that being said, a lot of people have stated that the clasp part is easily broken and some are a 2 person event to get on properly (or it becomes unclasped and falls off) I will be watching the replies with interest.
  • Momma2Beauties405
    Momma2Beauties405 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    YES!!! I absolutely LOVE my Fitbit Flex! I am very goal-oriented though. I guess that is part of what I like about it :smile:
  • scifimomma
    scifimomma Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Zip and have used it for almost a year now in conjunction with MFP. I love having it there as a reminder to stay active! I am looking in to purchasing a new Fitbit though. I would like a little more than the zip offers.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Yes! Most definitely! Awesome company and superb customer service.
  • Petrapoo45
    Petrapoo45 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    yes!! Love mine!!
  • proudjmmom
    proudjmmom Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I am going against the grain of what everyone else is saying. To me it wasn't worth it. Its exciting at first, but the novelty of it wears off rather quickly.
    Also, I had no luck with the Fitbit Flex. My unit was a piece of junk, and their customer service sucked as well. I ended up returning it to my retailer. The numbers were very off for me.
  • smwiller
    smwiller Posts: 11
    Options
    Just got one, so far I love it! In fact I am kind of obsessed with making my 10000 steps...
  • PinkCupcakes84
    PinkCupcakes84 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to talk my husband into getting us one but he says it's unnecessary
  • emalethmoon
    emalethmoon Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit zip that I purchased on Amazon for >$50, and I love it. It's been a great motivator!
  • salgal33
    salgal33 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I too have had the ultra for 2 years. I wear it every day. I clip it to my bra because I found it slipped off too easily on my waist.
    I love knowing how many steps I've taken and mine also has the altimeter to count flights of stairs. THAT is awesome.
    I did a 9/11 challenge last year and climbed 110 flights of stairs.
    If mine broke I would buy another without hesitation.
  • BookAngel_a
    BookAngel_a Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    If you are open to a gently used one you can get some good deals on eBay or other sites. I got mine (Fitbit Flex) for $64 including shipping and it's like new. I think a lot of people buy one new with good intentions and then don't really use it. They re-sell it at a nice discount. I just got mine and I figure if I don't like it (which is unlikely!) I can always turn around and re-sell it and I won't have lost much money at all.
  • Newoutlook1947
    Newoutlook1947 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have just purchased one and I have a question: Do you still log your exercise in MFP and if you do does that change how the Fitbit gives you the calories you burn?

Also, I love it to track my sleep pattern at night. Nice feature.
  • bballw33
    bballw33 Posts: 1
    Options
    I've had mine since January. Worth it- absolutely. Great motivation and got me running and just did my first 5K this past weekend. I had an issue with the charger when I first got it and was able to work with Fitbit's customer service which was really awesome and in the end, I was able to easily exchange it through Amazon (where I got it). My band just wore out a few weeks ago so I'm using my large one right now and holding out to see what the Tory Burch bands are going to look like and cost.
    I will say it's really nice that it syncs up with MFP really easily and that makes food input a lot easier.
    I've heard people say (including my mother in law) who used it at first and then lost interest- but I've been using mine for weight loss and she wasn't (she was more curious on how much she moves) and I think that's been why I've been able to keep up with mine longer. I'm more of a techy person so that helps me watch what I do and what I eat.
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    OMG - TOTALLY!!!!!!!! I didn't have time to read all the replies here, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Mine. I have the fitbit flex. I bought my husband one, then my daughter and now my 13yr old son wants one.

I was not really active, due to some knee surgeries and an auto immune disease in my back. It really is an eye opener on how much you do or don't walk. My BFF Said to me one day, as we are linked to EveryMove and she can see my feeds to there with my steps, why on some days I only have 3-4,000 steps. Those are the days I sat on my behind.

I love that it tracks my sleep and you can set silent alarms on the fitbit flex to vibrate. I have my set for every hour, to remind me to get up from my desk and then to drink some water if I haven't yet.

Customer Service is awesome! My fit bit stop displaying after a year and they replaced it for free.. Absolutely free and I didn't have to return the old one. No shipping charges or return fees.

It's GREEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT!!
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    totally worth it for me.
  • sherambler
    sherambler Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Fitbit is slated to release a new wearable model later this year. Just a heads up...maybe prices will go down on the other models or maybe you'll like the features of the new one better.
  • Pamela_June
    Pamela_June Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I had to 'think' about getting one also - however I am so happy with my Fitbit One - well worth the money - they have different versions, which do different things - check it out and see which one works for you.... like I said my Fitbit One is perfect, works great been very reliable and I seldom have it off ! Good Luck!

Pam
    :happy: