Fitbit $100. is it worth it?

Options

Replies

• lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's worth it. Two of my friends and I bought them and were really dedicated with using them for about two weeks... now none of us even think to put it on.... I don't think they're that useful, and the motivation wore off fast.

Personally, myfitnesspal, scales, & measuring tape are what help me the most.
    Good luck!

This is why wearing it when you sleep, even if you aren't all that interested in the sleep tracking, might be a good idea. I never forget it, because I put it straight from the case into the sleep bracelet when I get into bed and then back again when I wake up. If I didn't do that, I guess that I would set it right on top of my phone and hope for the best.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I want the Zip since its cheaper and I don't really need to track my sleep. Since I started working out, I sleep a lot better than I used to.
  • Grace4DebraAnn
    Grace4DebraAnn Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    They are totally worth it! I love mine, it has a great dashboard. It is motivational and you can challenge your friends. I would say make the investment! I have ethe Fitbit Zip, it does not track your sleep patterns.

Debra
  • getnfit87
    getnfit87 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    totally worth it to me, I know I am much more active because of it. I have the one and love it! I check it constantly, and it gets me moving anytime I have a chance. I'd buy again in a heartbeat.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit one...I always forget to put it in my pocket so it's not worth it. I like the idea of the flex...I wanted a force before they got recalled.

If I spent the money I'd go with a wristband...put it on and forget about it until it's time to charge.
  • dwarfiegodsmack
    dwarfiegodsmack Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I also LOVE my Fitbit One, find it totally worth the $100
  • BZWhitney
    BZWhitney Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've got a Fitbit One, and the short answer is that it's absolutely worth the money. The device helps me keep track of my activity, syncs well with MFP and is small and convenient to use. Customer service at fitbit is absolutely phenomenal as well. I'd 100% recommend getting one.
  • Losing_Sarah
    Losing_Sarah Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Depends. I had one and while I liked it until I killed it in my washer and dryer after over a year of ownership I decided not to replace it. It was motivating, as some people have said, but it wasn't after a while. It was just there.
  • LaurenDanielle014
    LaurenDanielle014 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I've never had one. My trainer did and said she didn't think it was accurate. I have the POLARFT4 heart rate monitor ... Only $65 on Amazon and I loveeee it ! Everyone I go to the gym with also has the polar and none of us have had any issues!
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    for me its totally worth it , for my husband and my DSD its totally been worth it , we all have remained focused longer than ever on a fitness/health regime, not perfect, but much better...

it depends on the individual , that being said, depends how what you do to work out .. if walking and a lot of full body movement or biking jogging stairs and cardio is not for you, then they will not be , if you like simple but tracked exercise then it will work fine for you , it all depends on you ..
  • Wilson929
    Wilson929 Posts: 100
    Options
    Totally worth it to me. I've been wearing one for a few years. Do I NEED to wear one, probably not. I like to see the HOORAYS and green on the dashboard when I've hit all my goals for the day. Keeps me motivated to do just a little bit more. In my books anything that gives you a little extra push is always worth it.
    :drinker: Cheers
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Thanks MFP friends! On your input I decided to buy one (on Ebay for $60, thanks for the tips on that)
    Cant wait to get mine!
  • KarenE86
    KarenE86 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I love my FitBit, it really helps when determining how much you've exercised in a day. It recommends 10,000 steps a day, I have a desk job and this is really hard to meet. When you sync FitBit with MFP, it doesn't count exercise minutes until you've walked more than the daily minimum. I find this key so I'm not under the impression I've done enough walking to help lose weight when in reality I haven't
  • grumpysnail89
    grumpysnail89 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It was worth it for me. I wanted something to keep me accountable, but I also knew that I wanted to get something that was like the fitbit or the jawbone up. I have a fitbit flex, and am a part of a group on the fitbit site who keep each other accountable. I've had mine since October, and it has managed to keep me going this long. :D
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It's definitely worth it. I work in retail and do a lot of walking around my store throughout the day, so it gives me the chance to see how much I'm truly burning. But if you're not interested in everything that you can do with the One/Flex, the Zip is much cheaper (about $50-60) and will just keep track of steps and calories burned.
  • JenJBS
    JenJBS Posts: 83
    Options
    I love my fitbit, it keeps my active and have the Fitbit One so I can wear it just about all the time since it is easy to hide. The wrist band would not fit my style.

Ditto!
  • Afroduckx
    Afroduckx Posts: 2
    Options
    I honestly prefer Skinnyfiber over Fitbit. Ive seen alot of success stories. www.skinnyfibersquad.com
  • hooterklb
    hooterklb Posts: 27
    Options
    You've convinced me.. I'm getting one.. and if I don't like it, I'll just put it on eBay. Thanks MFP! :)
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    In to read over later
  • WisheeNY
    WisheeNY Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I want the burgundy Fitbit One so bad! Think I'll probably get it sometime (hopefully early) next month.