using your children as a profile pic?

Options

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    How is it any different than using pets or celebrities or no pic at all :huh:

It's not any different at all. All of those habits are annoying as hell IMO. Especially the pets. I'm like, nobody GsAF about Mr. Skwinkles, so post your own face, pleaseandthanks. MAYBE if it's a legitimate privacy concern, people might choose a stock photo of a flower or something, and that's fine. But just to showcase your fugly dog? (Not directed at you personally, WeepingAngel) I'm not feeling it.

edited for typo

If only we were all so confident.....
    I know that was directed at me, however, not everyone is to a point where they feel enough pride in themselves to post photos of what they look like. Therefore, they use what they do take pride in or what motivates them.

Someone's boxer motivates them...? :huh:

:laugh:

I get your point, but there you CAN crop a photo to just include a face. One should ALWAYS be comfortable with their own face. It's the only one you get. :flowerforyou: Michael Jackson needs not be included in that statement.

:laugh: No, but they may be proud of their boxer....or maybe the need to post pics IN boxers. Damnit...now I'm confused :tongue:

And yes, everyone should be comfy with their own face, but sadly, not everyone is. Hopefully they find that confidence as they reach their goals, but until then It shouldn't bother people what others use for pics.

Just like it "shouldn't" bother people how others pronounce "pecan", or how loudly they chew their gum, or when and where they they wear pajama pants....But it does. Everyone has pet peeves. I happen to share one with OP.
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    It's whatever. There are people who aren't particularly fond of people posing in only their bathing suits, or cutting their head out of their photos, or stock photos, landscape photos, pet photos, kid photos. None of it bothers me (and I'm guilty of kids/pets at times), but it's not like they're going to put themselves just because it bothers someone else, just like I'm sure that some in this thread won't change theirs because it bothers others.
  • GoPhil04
    GoPhil04 Posts: 93
    Options
    I proudly showcase my physique.

Seems like they proudly showcase their children.

Different strokes etc....

Personally, the longer photos of my imaginary kids stay off the web the better.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Therefore, they use what they do take pride in or what motivates them.

<---THIS
  • daubawauba
    daubawauba Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I find it mildly bothersome just because I want to see the person's face and it seems like they are losing their identity in their children. I'm much happier when people have a profile picture of them WITH their kids (like mine, haha). That being said, it's not something to be annoyed about, it's not hurting anyone. People love their children and find them to be a massive source of pride, laughter, joy, and motivation... So if it makes them feel good and happy to showcase their child on their personal page, why not? Their child is a part of them, after all.
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Therefore, they use what they do take pride in or what motivates them.

<---THIS

Lol! :laugh:
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I try not to. But then again they are all over IG and some people here follow me on IG
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    And what if idgaf about a stupid stock photo of a flower. Maybe I prefer to see people's bodies. Everyone in MFP should cater to me. Make me happy. Please me.

I've decided... I don't want anyone to post their face. No really. I don't want to see your face. It's not MyFacePal.. it's myFITNESSpal. If you can't show me evidence of your fitness - or quest to achieve it - in your profile pic, then why are you here? Cmon... seriously?

I think my personal preference should TOTALLY dictate what EVERY OTHER PERSON on this site does with their profile pics. And if they disagree with me, then I'm totally calling them down.

I hereby declare...

If you don't agree with me... your decision as to what you post is ridiculous, annoying, and whatever you pick that doesn't please me I hereby deem as fugly.

Because I have been dubbed judge and jury of all things MFP.

ETA... besides... it's impossible to *kitten* to your profile pic when it's not you in the pic. sheesh.
  • ColeCake292012
    ColeCake292012 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    My kid is effing cute.

But then again, the pictures are me WITH my kid. :)
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Why does it matter? And why is it anyone's business? I could careless. All I'm concerned about is whether they are a supportive friend on here. Pictures are irrelevant.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    LOL Of all the ridiculous things to whine about...
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    And what if idgaf about a stupid stock photo of a flower. Maybe I prefer to see people's bodies. Everyone in MFP should cater to me. Make me happy. Please me.

I've decided... I don't want anyone to post their face. No really. I don't want to see your face. It's not MyFacePal.. it's myFITNESSpal. If you can't show me evidence of your fitness - or quest to achieve it - in your profile pic, then why are you here? Cmon... seriously?

I think my personal preference should TOTALLY dictate what EVERY OTHER PERSON on this site does with their profile pics. And if they disagree with me, then I'm totally calling them down.

I hereby declare...

If you don't agree with me... your decision as to what you post is ridiculous, annoying, and whatever you pick that doesn't please me I hereby deem as fugly.

ETA... besides... it's impossible to *kitten* to your profile pic when it's not you in the pic. sheesh.

How about I use YOUR pictures instead?
  • Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don’t give a crap about profile pictures…I change mine as my mood strikes me. Sometimes it’s a picture of me; sometimes it’s whatever is on my mind at that moment (like Frank Zappa in this case).
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    okay this topic might get a little heated and debated and I might even offend some people and make angry at me but I really don't care and I'm sure I'm coming off as a *kitten* but I'm really not.I just have to know if I'm the only one that gets a little irritated when someone uses their children as a profile pic? I mean its not you its your children so why is your child's face being used as a main

Yeah...we don't care if you're irritated.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

I hereby declare...

i think it's about time for you to switch to decaf. :huh:
  • MireyGal76
    Options

I hereby declare...

How about I use YOUR pictures instead?

hey... go nuts... just pick one where my tattoo is not showing and no one will be the wiser. :wink:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    okay this topic might get a little heated and debated and I might even offend some people and make angry at me but I really don't care and I'm sure I'm coming off as a *kitten* but I'm really not.I just have to know if I'm the only one that gets a little irritated when someone uses their children as a profile pic? I mean its not you its your children so why is your child's face being used as a main

If it really irritates you that much, I think I'll go steal other people's ultrasound photos off the internet and use those instead.
  • MireyGal76
    Options

I hereby declare...

i think it's about time for you to switch to decaf. :huh:
    espresso.gif
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Meh. doesn't bother me. The only thing that bothers me are catfish or people with clearly photoshopped body shots. Not the instagram color change thing, I couldn't care less about that, but the obvious distortion type things. If you haven't earned it, don't pretend by fiddling with your body.
  • GeordieGirl80s
    GeordieGirl80s Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Only thing that bugs me is people not having a pic at all, it screams 'fake' and/or 'troll'.