using your children as a profile pic?

Options

Replies

• Itskaleena
    Itskaleena Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I feel like that could pose a safety issue for the kids, especially young ones when you have your location and everything posted.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I always find it interesting the little things that bother some people. Why do you care what is in someone's profile pic? I don't get it.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    This topic has lots of promise, and I sincerely cannot understand why someone would be bothered by someone else's profile pic being a kid or pet (other than the concerns about predators.) (Unless of course the pic is of something gross happening.)

Now I want a day where all profile pics are pets.

Now, Gandalph, that's another story. That's not you!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    This topic has lots of promise, and I sincerely cannot understand why someone would be bothered by someone else's profile pic being a kid or pet (other than the concerns about predators.) (Unless of course the pic is of something gross happening.)

Now I want a day where all profile pics are pets.

Now, Gandalph, that's another story. That's not you!

omg... YOUR PROFILE PIC IS SABOTAGE

Off with your head!!!

no... seriously... didn't you see my rules?
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I just have to know if I'm the only one that gets a little irritated when someone uses their children as a profile pic?
    Just when I thought I'd read every little thing that amazingly irritates someone, I run across a new one. This bothers you? Seriously? Wow.
  • gunshowgreg
    gunshowgreg Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing you don't have any children OP...

why yes I have children I have a beautiful daughter but I don't want to use her face as my profile pic after all she's not using My Fitness Pal I am so there's really no reason for her to be on here.

as for the individual who called me a *kitten* it really did make me laugh Thanks for humoring me
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    Who cares what other people have on their profiles, it's their profile and their choice. Some People have to complain about every little thing in life.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

Off with your head!!!

It's ok, it's gluten free! And someone on my friends list may have hinted that this particular pic could be *kitten* worthy. :laugh: (I'm not even making that up. I love my pals. :bigsmile: )
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    How can you find my little pirates offensive? Granted, it's not Halloween, but I do this for them as much as for me. I love them with all my heart, and this pic makes me smile and want to play and run around...they make me happy. I have other pics of me and things I've made in my profile as well.

I never thought my little guys were so offensive. I honestly hate the way I look in pics, and am working on making some changes to my life/self for me, and for them. They are a huge motivator for me.

I guess I made the decision to have my profile the way I want it, and never considered it would offend anyone else, however, I'm not as concerned with what others think anymore, the opinions that matter the most to me, are from the two in my profile pic.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I feel like that could pose a safety issue for the kids, especially young ones when you have your location and everything posted.
    How?
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    How?

I wondered that as well.

Certainly real life is a much bigger safety issue.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    How?

I wondered that as well.

Certainly real life is a much bigger safety issue.

You have to be a pretty dedicated predator to hunt someone's kid down from their profile pic on a forum.
  • MireyGal76
    Options

Off with your head!!!

It's ok, it's gluten free! And someone on my friends list may have hinted that this particular pic could be *kitten* worthy. :laugh: (I'm not even making that up. I love my pals. :bigsmile: )

You know... I don't blame your friend(s)... at all!
    :salivates:
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    i post what i want.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I have no kids. I'm also not interested in what others think of what I look like. Thus...
    <<<<<<<<<<
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Why does it even matter what photo someone uses as their profile pic? Who cares?

apparently quite a few people do.

especially if you change your pic to a close up of boobs and butt... then it REALLY gets heated in here.

That would take a lot of flexibility.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    This thread's existence suggests that the concept of an avatar is difficult for many to grasp.

You know what irritates me? People doing crow stands. Because I cannot do them.
  • gunshowgreg
    gunshowgreg Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    How can you find my little pirates offensive? Granted, it's not Halloween, but I do this for them as much as for me. I love them with all my heart, and this pic makes me smile and want to play and run around...they make me happy. I have other pics of me and things I've made in my profile as well.

I never thought my little guys were so offensive. I honestly hate the way I look in pics, and am working on making some changes to my life/self for me, and for them. They are a huge motivator for me.

I guess I made the decision to have my profile the way I want it, and never considered it would offend anyone else, however, I'm not as concerned with what others think anymore, the opinions that matter the most to me, are from the two in my profile pic.

okay I should clear the air in here a little bit. First of your children are not irritating to me I just find it a little inconvenient when I see a message or a friend request from someone and it's a photo of a child and I have no idea who it is because let's be honest I don't hang out with you outside of My Fitness Pal and we don't go hang out at my house cookout and drink beer cause I like to do that now that Isnt really relevant at all. I'm just saying when I just see a random photo of a child a kind of throws me off because I know that a three year old is not counting calories and logging their fitness in.its not your taint me I just don't understand it and I would like to see a picture of the person not their offspring no one said you had to do that and this thing is it's one of those things that is kind of does it make sense to mesorry if I offended anybody but I Knew that was going to happen
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    First amendment, folks.

I appreciated the OP's clarification. Now on to other things?

Live and let live. Find something to get upset about that actually matters in life.
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    Why does it even matter what photo someone uses as their profile pic? Who cares?

apparently quite a few people do.

especially if you change your pic to a close up of boobs and butt... then it REALLY gets heated in here.

That would take a lot of flexibility.

HELLO PHOTOGRID... left pane - boobs.. right pane - butt... no flexibility required. :wink: