using your children as a profile pic?

Options

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    How can you find my little pirates offensive? Granted, it's not Halloween, but I do this for them as much as for me. I love them with all my heart, and this pic makes me smile and want to play and run around...they make me happy. I have other pics of me and things I've made in my profile as well.

I never thought my little guys were so offensive. I honestly hate the way I look in pics, and am working on making some changes to my life/self for me, and for them. They are a huge motivator for me.

I guess I made the decision to have my profile the way I want it, and never considered it would offend anyone else, however, I'm not as concerned with what others think anymore, the opinions that matter the most to me, are from the two in my profile pic.

okay I should clear the air in here a little bit. First of your children are not irritating to me I just find it a little inconvenient when I see a message or a friend request from someone and it's a photo of a child and I have no idea who it is because let's be honest I don't hang out with you outside of My Fitness Pal and we don't go hang out at my house cookout and drink beer cause I like to do that now that Isnt really relevant at all. I'm just saying when I just see a random photo of a child a kind of throws me off because I know that a three year old is not counting calories and logging their fitness in.its not your taint me I just don't understand it and I would like to see a picture of the person not their offspring no one said you had to do that and this thing is it's one of those things that is kind of does it make sense to mesorry if I offended anybody but I Knew that was going to happen

Firstly... take a deep breath and punctuate.

personally, I'm having fun with this post. It's humorous, and led to a lot of humorous responses.

I do get a little queasy when someone has a pic of their adorable lil cherubs and they're posting 10/10 would bang on a thread. That is just. wrong. and weird, Ick.

So I get that.

Relax OP... it's all good. :flowerforyou:
  • gunshowgreg
    gunshowgreg Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    oh wow sorry about that. I had some serious typos in there. My apologies
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    For the record, I am also not in favor of putting your kids pics up especially on the forums...not because I mind kids but because I think internet is not a safe place to do that.

One women trusted me enough to send me pics of her kids without my asking, and I told her not to do that again.....she got real offended.
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Why are people so passionate about this?
    If anyone is need of a hobby, please feel free to pm me and I will suggest some at random for you.
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    How can you find my little pirates offensive? Granted, it's not Halloween, but I do this for them as much as for me. I love them with all my heart, and this pic makes me smile and want to play and run around...they make me happy. I have other pics of me and things I've made in my profile as well.

I never thought my little guys were so offensive. I honestly hate the way I look in pics, and am working on making some changes to my life/self for me, and for them. They are a huge motivator for me.

I guess I made the decision to have my profile the way I want it, and never considered it would offend anyone else, however, I'm not as concerned with what others think anymore, the opinions that matter the most to me, are from the two in my profile pic.

okay I should clear the air in here a little bit. First of your children are not irritating to me I just find it a little inconvenient when I see a message or a friend request from someone and it's a photo of a child and I have no idea who it is because let's be honest I don't hang out with you outside of My Fitness Pal and we don't go hang out at my house cookout and drink beer cause I like to do that now that Isnt really relevant at all. I'm just saying when I just see a random photo of a child a kind of throws me off because I know that a three year old is not counting calories and logging their fitness in.its not your taint me I just don't understand it and I would like to see a picture of the person not their offspring no one said you had to do that and this thing is it's one of those things that is kind of does it make sense to mesorry if I offended anybody but I Knew that was going to happen

Really?

I'm not sure I am amazed that you care enough to write all that, or the fact that you didn't use one bit of punctuation.
  • HerkMeOff
    Options
    For the record, I am also not in favor of putting your kids pics up especially on the forums...not because I mind kids but because I think internet is not a safe place to do that.

One women trusted me enough to send me pics of her kids without my asking, and I told her not to do that again.....she got real offended.

The internet is safer than real life...
  • NormInv
    Options
    If anyone is need of a hobby, please feel free to pm me and I will suggest some at random for you.

nice solicitation for PMs
  • NormInv
    Options

You again!
  • chickauthentic
    Options
    I don't even use my own profile pic.

Personally, I never ever post pictures of my kids anywhere online. There are too many cracker jacks out there.

So much this^^
  • NormInv
    Options
    I don't even use my own profile pic.

Personally, I never ever post pictures of my kids anywhere online. There are too many cracker jacks out there.

So much this^^

but i said it so much more articulately
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

INORITE? I had a creepy old dude offer to buy my daughters. Another time, this lady offered to borrow my kids and put them to work in her yard for free. Normally strangers don't bother me, and I take it all with a grain of salt... but the lady was actually kind of criminal minds scary like.

I worry more about those kinds of people than someone who lives 3000K away.
    That said... I rarely post my kids pics in my profile pic anyways.
  • NormInv
    Options

INORITE? I had a creepy old dude offer to buy my daughters. Another time, this lady offered to borrow my kids and put them to work in her yard for free. Normally strangers don't bother me, and I take it all with a grain of salt... but the lady was actually kind of criminal minds scary like.

so you are saying:

i live in the internet and everyone who lives on the internet is 3000 miles from me.....

it dont work like that
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options

nice solicitation for PMs

I'm just super helpful. :flowerforyou:
  • HerkMeOff
    Options

so you are saying:

i live in the internet and everyone who lives on the internet is 3000 miles from me.....

it dont work like that

She didn't say 3000 miles..

Regardless, you're missing the point.
  • cadaver0usb0nes
    cadaver0usb0nes Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    If you don't like someones pic.... DONT LOOK AT IT.
  • rayofsunshine2368
    rayofsunshine2368 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    okay this topic might get a little heated and debated and I might even offend some people and make angry at me but I really don't care and I'm sure I'm coming off as a *kitten* but I'm really not.I just have to know if I'm the only one that gets a little irritated when someone uses their children as a profile pic? I mean its not you its your children so why is your child's face being used as a main
    I agree... Why explose your children to potential pedifiles on the internet. Thats asking for trouble.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I need a kitty gif.
  • rayofsunshine2368
    rayofsunshine2368 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I need a kitty gif.
    so you are one of those pedifiles I am talking about???? Perv
  • NormInv
    Options
    My viewpoint is simple: be more protective of your kids. I sincerely do not believe that internet is safer than real life. You can get a lot of info on the internet. People do reverse image searches. There are too many risks. Or people mention they are going on vacations or live in certain cities or going to be at blah blah race.....if you are gonna do that, make sure you protect your kids.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I need a kitty gif.
    so you are one of those pedifiles I am talking about???? Perv
    Pardon me?