Being hit on/flirted with?

Options

Replies

• kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    I am pretty in denial when it happens too. I had a coworker that was always at my desk, always messaging me, putting his hands on my shoulders, telling me how good I looked, and then decided to take my number from our roster and start texting me on the weekends. I didn't think anything of it, I thought he was just being nice. Although, he didn't treat anyone else that way. My husband insists he was hitting on me and was not happy that I didn't tell him to F off... but I am still skeptical that was his intention. He had just gotten engaged to his girlfriend.. Thankfully he quit like two months ago, and has tried adding me on Facebook but I haven't accepted out of respect for my husband.

I also agree ^^ that the best compliments come from old women and men who have nothing to gain when complimenting you. I was at a local gym checking it out a few weeks ago (I have my own home gym but was interested to see how this community gym fared), and a little old lady in the bathroom said "you are so beautiful." Made my day! :smile:
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    It depends. You can tell that some people do it to make you feel good about yourself and some people do it because they want something. The former can be nice, but the latter is always insulting. (esp when you're married and they don't respect that at all).
  • Chrystine71
    Chrystine71 Posts: 224
    Options
    Anyone wandering into the chit-chat, fun, games msg board really should expect it....flirting is good for the soul! :wink:
  • lewoldt
    lewoldt Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Anyone wandering into the chit-chat, fun, games msg board really should expect it....flirting is good for the soul! :wink:

Agreed
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options

Agreed

THIS!
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options
    What’s this “flirting” that you speak of? I am not familiar with this as I have never experienced it.
  • Chrystine71
    Chrystine71 Posts: 224
    Options
    :wink: Awwww poor baaaaby.....:wink:
  • GetFitSD
    GetFitSD Posts: 278
    Options
    Have to agree Balboa, I'm not really sure what it feels like. Although I am sure I would like it!!
  • decblessings
    decblessings Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    The flirting I generally experience is basically just banter. Just friends/acquaintances joking back and forth playfully... or even joking around with strangers. I don't mind this. I don't really like if I'm whistled at or "wooo"ed when I'm out running or something. Partially because I have terrible self-esteem and assume it's sarcastic. Same goes for "elevator eyes" (when someone looks you up and down). I really hate that and I always assume they're thinking negative things about what they see.

Now my feelings on the whole flirting thing in general (beyond friends or coworkers that I joke with frequently) has changed drastically in the last month. I have had a super stressful June and have lost about 12 pounds really quickly. I'm 5'1", somewhat muscular, and just a little overweight at this point, so 12 pounds is pretty significant. I suddenly have a lot more of the creepy looks or flirting happening... like walking down a long hall at work, seeing some creepy looking guy do the elevator eye thing, then staring me down the whole way down the hall. That made me uncomfortable. And last weekend, I was at my dad's for Father's Day and my own step-brother was creepy-flirting. That made me extremely uncomfortable! I guess I have always seemed to attract creepers above anything else and I tend to be skeptical of everyone's intent. Plus I'm married, so anything beyond banter seems inappropriate (and actually my terrible month began with the wife of a very good friend of mine being highly offended by our banter, so perhaps that's not even appropriate!).
  • Hophead43
    Hophead43 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    I can't see it as anything but flattering!! I don't get a lot of second looks so when it happens I'm a happy boy!! Flirting is just fun, everybody does it. Some are much better than other but we all flirt. As long as it doesn't get creepy its all good.
  • JBfoodforlife
    JBfoodforlife Posts: 1,371 Member
    Options
    Flirting is about feeling alive because someone notices something about you that makes them smile... They want to share that with you and they should... So feel free to flirt with me!...lol
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Apparently I don't flirt as much with the ones I really like as the ones I'm just kidding around with. Need to work on that I guess.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Apparently I'm a big ole attention *kitten*. I love it.

Having someone hit on or flirt with me just means they took a few seconds out of their day to either flatter me, or they noticed something positive.
  • TheresaC928
    TheresaC928 Posts: 849
    Options
    Either way is a big ego boost. I kindly turn them down as I am married. Bigger boost if they are 10 or more years younger than me. :)
  • Byrd718
    Byrd718 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It's not a big deal...Just an ego booster...kinda cute....
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Haven't been hit on or flirted with in years.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

how YOU doin'?
  • ftloy
    ftloy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    This whole flirted with / being hit on thing? Yeah ... I've heard about it, but it doesn't happen to me, so I'm out.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options

how YOU doin'?

Always better when my favorite burro gets flirty. ;)
  • minimalistmom
    Options
    It's flattering.