Being hit on/flirted with?

Options

Replies

• V0lver
    V0lver Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    If its a casual complement, i am ok with it. The problem starts when its a sincere one because then i might develop the subconscious need to win their approval every day.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I love it. If someone has gotten up the courage to come over and talk to me then I am happy to chat to them. Why should I be rude and obnoxious about it. It's always nice to think people find you attractive or interesting enough to compliment or want to talk to.
    A little harmless flirting is great for self confidence.
  • Stopin_da_yoyo
    Stopin_da_yoyo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Heard!!! Thats what I'm talkin about. I know its a guy vs girl thing but sometimes I just dont see how you ladies just dont tell us guys to get to steppin! Ya know?
  • islander_2013
    islander_2013 Posts: 13,378 Member
    Options
    all for flirting
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Depends how cringe-worthy it is. I normally ignore it if it makes me cringe haha.

I also can't stand awful corny chat up lines - guys they are not funny and they never will be!

A nice, genuine compliment is fine, but if you're being creepy I will not appreciate it.

Agreed. Giving someone a compliment or just saying hello like a sane person is not complicated. There is no need to open with some weird pickup line and act like a psycho. Lol.
  • mrhonesty
    mrhonesty Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    People are too uptight. Anybody gets a tingle looking at my chubby *kitten*, by all means, let me know. For the rest of you consider it a form of validation that all your hard work is showing because you caught someone's eyes.
  • msbunnie68
    Options
    How could anybody not like it. Gives you a boost and bounce in your step.

OK...let me put it this way....You are at work. A big guy starts talking to you and complimenting your outfit. Ok right?...he comes by your desk a lot that day..compliments your hair, your eyes etc...and then asks you for lunch. You make it clear "thanks, but I don't go that way", Guy looks pissed, but walks away. After work, you notice this guy in the parking lot. He's checking you out. Hes bigger and you heard he's a professional MMA figher on the weekends.

Still liking it? Does it feel kind of scary and threatening yet?

See...that's the problem. men don't see a problem with "flirting" because most have never experienced a scary flirter who won't take no for an answer, and has the ability to physically overpower and hurt you if they choose. Almost all women have experienced that. THAT is why many of us are wary of flirting. If men could take no for an answer and leave us alone...then we'd be more relaxed with it.

there is a difference between good fun flirting and OTT stalking and you can't possible put those into the same basket.

If people did not flirt then nobody would get together and no action would happen :wink:
  • MuscleHeadNerd74
    MuscleHeadNerd74 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    yes please bring it
  • Lost75byDecember
    Options
    Some guy flirted with me yesterday. Made me feel good about myself. :)
  • msbunnie68
    Options
    How could anybody not like it. Gives you a boost and bounce in your step.

OK...let me put it this way....You are at work. A big guy starts talking to you and complimenting your outfit. Ok right?...he comes by your desk a lot that day..compliments your hair, your eyes etc...and then asks you for lunch. You make it clear "thanks, but I don't go that way", Guy looks pissed, but walks away. After work, you notice this guy in the parking lot. He's checking you out. Hes bigger and you heard he's a professional MMA figher on the weekends.

Still liking it? Does it feel kind of scary and threatening yet?

See...that's the problem. men don't see a problem with "flirting" because most have never experienced a scary flirter who won't take no for an answer, and has the ability to physically overpower and hurt you if they choose. Almost all women have experienced that. THAT is why many of us are wary of flirting. If men could take no for an answer and leave us alone...then we'd be more relaxed with it.

there is a difference between good fun flirting and OTT stalking and you can't possible put those into the same basket.

If people did not flirt then nobody would get together and no action would happen :wink:

I agree, but there is a time and place for it, and if the person does not flirt back, stop for petes sake!

Agree. but the way it was worded was taken to the extreme. Not every approach is going to lead to a gorilla stalking you in the carpark and overpowering you to submit.

I don't know how bad it gets in the US but usually here in OZ guys understand that thanks but no means just that.
  • BrittanyMG3
    BrittanyMG3 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    There are creepy people and people that keep it toned down and it feels like a compliment..either way as a married woman it's almost always crossing a line that they are doing it in the first place..

you never know how someone feels about themselves, I sometimes take it as they are picking on me (even if they aren't) just because I am insecure, even after losing weight.
    I am in no way "sexy" and even when people compliment me and tell me how "skinny" i am, I say thank you but my first initial reaction is taking it as they are only trying to make me feel better, or actually thinking the opposite.

An example of some creeps I deal with every day since I lost my weight:
    I work in a bakery and work on cakes in the front window,
    I get guys that stare in through the window and kiss the window or lick the window then wink and waggle their eyebrows (they aren't even looking at the cake. (I always hope that they were doing it because of the cake.. I wasn't that lucky )
    I got a guy last week that told me I "was the most delicious looking thing in the bakery"
    and I get guys that compliment my chest tattoo as an excuse to stare at my chest and try looking down my shirt...
    I also get flirtatious disgusting questions asking me if I have any tats in private areas...friggin idiots..

^^those are the things that men should never do in my opinion...
  • srv524
    srv524 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    "There are creepy people and people that keep it toned down and it feels like a compliment..either way as a married woman it's always crossing a line that they are doing it in the first place.. "

Brittany, do they know you're married? I think half the time a guy hits on someone, it's to give a sincere compliment. The other half...they're gauging interest to see if she's into him. I give plenty of compliments to women I know who are in a relationship/married whom I'm not interested in.

The second part yea....some guys are just morons and don't know how to flirt or think women are into that thing.
  • BrittanyMG3
    BrittanyMG3 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Brittany, do they know you're married? I think half the time a guy hits on someone, it's to give a sincere compliment. The other half...they're gauging interest to see if she's into him. I give plenty of compliments to women I know who are in a relationship/married whom I'm not interested in.

I can usually tell the difference between a guy complimenting me and isn't interested or the creeps I listed. :smile: the guys complimenting me don't bother me as much, I never said I thought every single guy that flirts with me wants me. lol I was only trying to give some examples of the gross ones.
    I live in a really small town, most of my customers are regulars and know I am married. I'm not sure if the creeps know, most likely not but I still have a wedding/engagement ring that is easily visible. I couldn't expect EVERYONE to know I am though.

I figured I would only mention the disgusting behavior so if there is a guy reading this that does the same, he might realize that most women don't really like that kind of behavior. :tongue:

also, that not every woman may be confident enough to take it as a compliment, it might only make them feel more insecure.

I completely understand what you are saying though!! :smile:
  • srv524
    srv524 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    So you're saying that women don't like to be motorboated by random guys in public settings?
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Just cause its Friday....
    how_you_doing.gif
    tumblr_m1gfgxGNlt1r7d19x.gif