Fattest girl at the gym

Options
1234568»

Replies

• neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I'm always extremely uncomfortable at the gym because of the fact.. I am the fattest girl at the gym.
    All the other girls are in their sports bras and tights & I'm just in there blobbing it. Yes, it makes me want to gym it up more and work-out even harder but at the same time I want to go home and hide away in my room and eat cake and be sad.. hahaha. No but seriously is there anyone else uncomfortable or having negative emotions at the gym because you realize you're the biggest there?

focus on the future... when you *won't* be the fattest at the gym. Don't give in to the temptation to hide or give up.

Also, those slim girls in their sports bras and tights... maybe some of them were the fattest girl in the gym last year or the year before... you don't know. People tend to over-focus on the here and now and forget that things change over time.
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love seeing people working on themselves at the gym. Small, Big, Average, whatever.....it is the most sexy thing ever to see someone working on bettering themselves or helping others in anyway.

Bigger people in the gym working it out...SEXY.
    People in the "self-help" section of the bookstore...SEXY.
    People volunteering for a good cause...SEXY.
    Men opening doors for women...SEXY.
  • Angela26point2finisher
    Angela26point2finisher Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    As one of the bigger girls at my gym, I just got over it after realizing that I needed to be there more than any of the skinny girls. There I am able to spend time and make friends with people that I want to become more like, with fitness being in the forefront. Months later, there are new girls joining that are larger than me now and all I can think is --- I'm so glad you're here, I hope you keep coming and don't let your thoughts get in the way of something amazing that you are doing for yourself. Everyone is super supportive. You go girl! You got this. You'll be rockin' a new body in no time!!
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love seeing people working on themselves at the gym. Small, Big, Average, whatever.....it is the most sexy thing ever to see someone working on bettering themselves or helping others in anyway.

Bigger people in the gym working it out...SEXY.
    People in the "self-help" section of the bookstore...SEXY.
    People volunteering for a good cause...SEXY.
    Men opening doors for women...SEXY.

There is a very common theme with all these examples.....PEOPLE.
  • aiminghighx
    Options
    Thank you all. I really appreciate the responses. I mean, when I see a big girl at the gym I look at her as inspiration and I know I should see it that way for me as well.. So I will try to from now on. :)
  • alathIN
    alathIN Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I used to feel self conscious about being the fattest guy in the swim group.

Then I just decided to reframe it as being a lot skinnier than the fat guys sitting on the sofa eating Cheetos.
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I'm always extremely uncomfortable at the gym because of the fact.. I am the fattest girl at the gym.
    All the other girls are in their sports bras and tights & I'm just in there blobbing it. Yes, it makes me want to gym it up more and work-out even harder but at the same time I want to go home and hide away in my room and eat cake and be sad.. hahaha. No but seriously is there anyone else uncomfortable or having negative emotions at the gym because you realize you're the biggest there?

Power through it.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm never have been the biggest in my gym or even close.

But with that, I will say that there is a lot of people who are overweight and doing it! They run, lift heavy weights and do not care what others think! How do I know? Because they come there each day and do it !

They stamina is like mines and will!!!! Going hard and do not care!

Honestly, until this thread I never even thought to notice them in that way!

They just like all of us in the gym...trying to make stuff happen and achieve our goals. Makes me feel funny even saying "they" since I never really looked at it from OP perspective.

Just do you OP and make your goals happen. I look at you just like anyone..either you trying to do it big or you going home.. that's all.