Tamtastic...Before and After! :)

Options

Replies

• lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I am floored!! That is totally amazing! You are gorgeous! Congratulations!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    This is from a few days ago......for a newer one!! Yes, I'm kind of pic happy! Amazing, considering I used to hide from pics!!

208371_10150221322924744_530979743_8469337_3549512_n.jpg

Excuse me, is that a booty I see?:noway:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Haha! Jeannie...all that elliptical work I do is paying off!! :drinker: :drinker: :wink: :tongue:
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    Thanks!! How have you been??

Extra skin is not all that bad. I mean, it's not ideal and I get frustrated sometimes.....but it's not near as bad as I thought it would be. And trust me.....it's much better to deal with it than to be the weight I was! Having that extra weight was far more of an annoyance and hindrance! :wink:
    [/quote]

I've been good. I'm even better know that I'm losing again! i restarted my ticker to show what i've lost since i started up again and then when i reach my goal weight i'll put it back to my original high number. i can't wait to be tiny again.

how tall are you? and how much do you weigh? i want to weigh 140lbs but my family thinks that because i was so fit in highschool and weighed 175lbs, then that should be the weight i aim for. but i think 140 is completely realistic.
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    OMG you are an inspiration to me, well done on achieving your goal.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look FANTASTIC! Congratulations on your loss! I wish you success in this journey you're on! How inspiring!
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    WOW! You did it! The seemingly impossible... and you look like you have never had a weight issue. I could really use your help. Please, please, please would you share with me/us things like:
    1) What meals do you eat most often (any frozen ones) ?
    2) What is your favorite snack(s)?
    3) Did you end up dieting differently the last 30 pounds then you did in the beginning?
    4) Did you experience plateaus?
    5) If so, how did you get to losing weight again?
    6) What is the biggest piece of advice you could give the rest of us?
    7) If you had to lose it all again, would you do it the same way?
    8) What is your favorite exercise, how long and how often?
    9) How about water... do you really drink 64 oz a day? Still?
    10) Share the best advice you could give someone still in the process of losing.

I know it's a lot to ask of you... But please, if you will, consider sharing your advice.
  • navvs15
    navvs15 Posts: 165
    Options
    Congratulations, you look amazing!
  • Jackie218
    Jackie218 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    u look amazing!!!! congrats!!!!
  • mrstbckhrst
    mrstbckhrst Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hot Mama!! I hope I look that good when I'm at my goal!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    great job! i think you need a new ticker, your little lady is running away! lol
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing!!! Not only do you look hot but you look so much younger as well!
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    :happy: Wow you look awesome!!!! Congrats!!!!! I love hearing these stories keeps me inspired!!!!
  • annalobdell
    annalobdell Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration. I was feeling a little discouraged, but then I saw your before and after and I realized, I got this!!!!!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    WOW! You did it! The seemingly impossible... and you look like you have never had a weight issue. I could really use your help. Please, please, please would you share with me/us things like:
    1) What meals do you eat most often (any frozen ones) ?
    2) What is your favorite snack(s)?
    3) Did you end up dieting differently the last 30 pounds then you did in the beginning?
    4) Did you experience plateaus?
    5) If so, how did you get to losing weight again?
    6) What is the biggest piece of advice you could give the rest of us?
    7) If you had to lose it all again, would you do it the same way?
    8) What is your favorite exercise, how long and how often?
    9) How about water... do you really drink 64 oz a day? Still?
    10) Share the best advice you could give someone still in the process of losing.

I know it's a lot to ask of you... But please, if you will, consider sharing your advice.

Hi there!! I actually wrote a thread about how I did it. Here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/81336-the-keys-to-my-success?hl=the+keys+to+my+success

But, I can share a few other things here based on your questions. :)

1) I try to vary things. I like to cook and will make a lot of Cooking Light recipes. I do like some frozen dishes. Lean Cuisine pizzas and a few others are a good stand by. You know what's good? The Weight Watchers Chicken Santa Fe over a baked potato!! DELICIOUS and so filling. I ate a lot of soup in "lose" mode too. Soups like lentil are so filling and good for you!

2) Snacks...I love popcorn, crackers and hummus, pop chips, etc. A weakness is chips and salsa and I love nuts like cashews and almonds. Just keep them measured!

3, 4, 5) Throughout my weightloss, I never went so low as 1200 cals. On non-gym days I ate 1400. Gym days I ate more. I am a believer in eating exercise cals back. I continue to do that in maintenance mode. I eat a lot and exercise a lot! But I'd slowly lower my calorie intake as I lost weight. The heavier you are, the more you can eat.....so if my losses slowed, I'd slowly lower my cal intake by like 50 at a time. Also, sometimes you hit a plateau because you need to shake things up at the gym. It can be as simple as trying something new or kicking it up a notch...upping the resistance, etc. I rarely hit plateaus over the 16 months it took me to lose the weight. Again if I did..I'd just change things a little....up the level at the gym or try something new..and just be extra diligent about what I was eating.

6) The biggest advice is to take it slow, go easy on yourself and not expect miracles. If you mess up.....just get back on track. don't let ONE mistake derail you. It's a slow learning process. Also, EDUCATE yourself on how the body works. How metabolism works. You don't have to STARVE. Just learn how food affects your body. Also, pay attention to your body. You feel so much better with healthier food, activity, lots of water. There is no denying it. :)

7) Yes. It took me to my 30's to get it right. I did it the wrong way before. Starving, diet pills, etc. This time I did it the right way and wish I had known a long time ago that it didn't have to be SO hard. It's not about deprivation. It's about being sensible and knowing it doesn't have to be all or nothing.

8) I'm a big elliptical person. I like it because you can slowly up the resistance and time and burn a TON of calories fast. And it's easy on the body. I love to hike outdoors as well! :)

9) Other than a cup of coffee in the morning and an occasional diet soda...all I drink is water. It really does make a difference in how you feel and look. I'm convinced of it! :)

10) Just KEEP GOING. Yes it seems like it will take forever and is so daunting. But I say this....so what if it takes a year. Those days, weeks, months are going to go by anyway....RIGHT?? You have a choice...either lose the weight slow and steady WITH them....or stay the same....and then when a year goes by fast (as we know it does!).....you can either be at the weight you started...or at your goal or closer to your goal. Seems like a no brainer to me!! :wink: That is what kept me going. I kept thinking of getting to months down the road and thinking "DAMN! I could have been at my goal by now if I just kept at it!!"........trust me, it goes by SO fast!

GOOD LUCK!!! :flowerforyou:
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    ^^^That smile could get you into a lot of trouble!!!!! ;)

Congrats on the killer loss. That is just amazing.
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    OMG you look FAB-U-LOUS!!! Congratulations on you great success!!!
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing! Good job!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Such an inspiration for beginners like me :)
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Such an inspiration for beginners like me :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!