Help! how to lean out?

Options
1235»

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    OP you make me a little sad.

1.) If you wanted to be a ballet dancer- you should have.
    2.) you cannot spot reduce your legs.
    3.) having thick thighs is AMAZING- and don't let anyone tell you other wise.
    4.) trying to get rid of muscle you haven't spent any time really building makes me think you might have an issue (well among other things)
    5.) please talk to SOMEONE- about this- it'll help. seriously.

Words of wisdom from the dancer/lifter JoRocka. What's up grrl? Good words; listen to this woman, OP.

:flowerforyou:

aint nobody keeping a dancer from dancer around here!!!!
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    OP you make me a little sad.

1.) If you wanted to be a ballet dancer- you should have.
    2.) you cannot spot reduce your legs.
    3.) having thick thighs is AMAZING- and don't let anyone tell you other wise.
    4.) trying to get rid of muscle you haven't spent any time really building makes me think you might have an issue (well among other things)
    5.) please talk to SOMEONE- about this- it'll help. seriously.

Words of wisdom from the dancer/lifter JoRocka. What's up grrl? Good words; listen to this woman, OP.

:flowerforyou:

aint nobody keeping a dancer from dancer around here!!!!

(high-pitched voice) Word Up!
    :bigsmile:
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    She'll change her story again ... then claim they're all correct.

Oh, hi Mr Pot... I've got Mrs Kettle on the phone for you.... ;)

Yep, you have CONSISTENTLY FAILED to back up your claims.
    You've been shown, I would suggest, to either have no idea what's going on or just be a liar.

Would you like a shovel to dig a little deeper?
  • rebeccalee1986
    Options
    She'll change her story again ... then claim they're all correct.

Oh, hi Mr Pot... I've got Mrs Kettle on the phone for you.... ;)

Yep, you have CONSISTENTLY FAILED to back up your claims.
    You've been shown, I would suggest, to either have no idea what's going on or just be a liar.

Would you like a shovel to dig a little deeper?

You are a little biased as you are friends with OP but she has changed her story several times from saying she wants less muscle to then less fat and the calories eaten. At the end of the day from a impartial view it is impossible for her to be gaining muscle on 1300-1600 calories unless she is ultra special!
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    my 2 cents He looks much healthier in pic 1 (Lance, that is...)

I'm not going to disagree with you there in terms of "looks". In terms of power to weight ratio (watts/kilograms), the lighter the rider wins the money. So the multi-week tour riders (France, Italy, Spain, etc...) have a lot of mountains to climb where Lance had no chance had he been the size he was in picture 1.

It's a very similar story for prima ballerinas in professional ballet. They are the ones that are lifted by their male counterparts and typically weigh 85 - 95 (sometimes up to 103) pounds. Any more than that and they don't work as a prima ballerina, but dance in the chorus.

The images are haunting of these professional athletes due to how "skinny" they are, but it is what it is as they have allowed their body to feed on fat and muscle. Howeer, not to the point they cannot still perform their athletic feats and be at the top of their field...

Famous prima ballerina Alina Somova

12376139013_fbd210319f.jpgballetsomova

Famous 2010 TDF winner Andy Schleck

12369682985_2eca9e512c.jpg
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    You are a little biased as you are friends with OP
    I had never seen the OP before I read the first post - she added me after some of my posts.
    I looked back and to me her story DID seem congruent if you thought about it - I kinda presumed she was dieting to lose fat as she'd mentioned overeating in the past - the reason most people come to this site. When told it wasn't easy/reasonable to lose muscle, she seemed to accept this and move on.

From my original post and those about other sports people being lean - I should note that in another thread a user who was looking to lose more fat for her sport was given some 'abuse' for wanting to be lighter, including by at least one participating in this thread.
    But of course that may have been part of the aesthetics taboo - I'm not sure they realised at the time that she wanted to lose weight for sports, which generally seems MORE acceptable than for aesthetics when it's past generic government guidelines or however such things are calculated.
    (Of course, if you're over on the other side, rather than under such guidelines, I've never seen people finding that an issue.)

but she has changed her story several times from saying she wants less muscle to then less fat and the calories eaten. At the end of the day from a impartial view it is impossible for her to be gaining muscle on 1300-1600 calories unless she is ultra special!
    [/quote]
  • rebeccalee1986
    Options
    You are a little biased as you are friends with OP
    I had never seen the OP before I read the first post - she added me after some of my posts.
    I looked back and to me her story DID seem congruent if you thought about it - I kinda presumed she was dieting to lose fat as she'd mentioned overeating in the past - the reason most people come to this site. When told it wasn't easy/reasonable to lose muscle, she seemed to accept this and move on.

From my original post and those about other sports people being lean - I should note that in another thread a user who was looking to lose more fat for her sport was given some 'abuse' for wanting to be lighter, including by at least one participating in this thread.
    But of course that may have been part of the aesthetics taboo - I'm not sure they realised at the time that she wanted to lose weight for sports, which generally seems MORE acceptable than for aesthetics when it's past generic government guidelines or however such things are calculated.
    (Of course, if you're over on the other side, rather than under such guidelines, I've never seen people finding that an issue.)

but she has changed her story several times from saying she wants less muscle to then less fat and the calories eaten. At the end of the day from a impartial view it is impossible for her to be gaining muscle on 1300-1600 calories unless she is ultra special!
    [/quote]

My point is not whether she wants to lose muscle or fat tbh I don't care to much that is her personal goal; we all have different goals. The whole point of this thread is to lose muscle then its fat. A least pick one topic and stick to it. Also its highly unlikely she will be gaining muscle on her intake.
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options

>I do not have eating disorders!!!<
    I'm just trying to mantain my weight, when i say i have an unhealthy relationship with food i mean that sometimes i over eat, and sometimes i eat crap!! (my normal diet being vegetarian, most of the things i eat are very low calorie!!so when i eat crap i'm not used to i worry!!) And i worry about it because i worry about my weight as most teenage girls would, yes i did write a post in wich i worried about my calorie intake, because i felt really full after dinner and was worried that it would get into fat or something because i was going to sleep, i don't eat alot not because i'm restricting or anything like that, i eat when i'm hungry, when i'm not i don't! That's it!
    and oh my god people if i knew there would be such scandal over a little post like this i wouldn't have written it i would have simply googled leaning exercises for thighs or something like that lol!
    Seriously guys, my natural weight has always been 50 (KILOGRAMS),most of the weight that i have on now is from the muscles on my legs that yes are muscular and they're not with any atrophy or anything, they're just short muscles.. and guess what i'm not a long distance runner, i run fast for about 30 minutes and that's probably building muscle, you are all worrying alot about me i appreciate that i really do, but seriously WHYYY?!?! I regret this post

you're (allegedly) 18 years old. you don't have a natural weight (whatever that even is) yet.

This. So much this.

And don't even getting me started on building muscle while eating 1300 calories a day

I'M NOT TRYING TO BUILD MUSCLE!!!! UGGHHH
    As i've said i eat when i'm hungry, i eat healthy balanced meals, but i eat a vegetarian diet, wich means even if i eat a soup/salad/protein(tofu or beans) it will round up to 200/300 per meal!!! i'm not suffering from disordered eating i was just trying to see if it was possible to slim down muscle in my legs T.T

But you should be trying to build muscle and at the very least maintain what muscle you do have. Your heart is a muscle! Without that muscle tissue there won't be a you. You should be able to reach a higher number of calories than 300 per meal even on a vegetarian diet. You should also be eating at least your BMR per day plus whatever activity you are doing. Your primary goal should be to be healthy and the way you are going that isn't going to happen. I also agree with other comments that you should speak to someone about your body image as well as your unhealthy relationship with food.

Ok, that being said I don't know how you can actually slim down muscle in your legs other than losing the muscle which is something you don't want to do. The problem is muscle loss just like fat loss can't be targeted so you will lose muscle from your heart. What you could try is working on other muscle groups with less emphasis on your leg muscles. Lifting weights will not bulk you but rather tone and shape your body so that is definitely one route to try.
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    "the final result was 1382 calories but still i feel so guilty, will this make fat grow? "
    "I usually eat around 1300 calories per day"
    "I am eating around 1400/1600 calories a day wich is how i feel perfectly fine "

Which of these statements made by you during the past three days is the truth?

She did say that her meals were adding up to 200/300 calories so calculating at 3 meals per day would be 600 to 900 calories total. Adding in another 200/300 calories for a snack that would mean 800/900 to 1100/1200 calories per day which is not enough for a young still developing female!