OIL PULLING

Options

Replies

• KayJaMikel
    KayJaMikel Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I do it every morning, I do not super high expectations but it really makes my teeth feel clean. I then rinse with salt water, brush my teeth, and rinse with salt water. No I do not count it as calories.

Well, at least you brush afterward. I am okay with your oil pulling, seems to work for you, and you don't only do that for oral hygiene.

I think my problem is holding said oil in my mouth for 20 minutes, that makes me gag, sorry, i don't know why, it gives me those butterflies thinking about it that i get when i see a cut on one of my kids. I can look at puke, diarrhea, anything, but cuts make me sick.
  • KayJaMikel
    KayJaMikel Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    OMG, I still get the stomach churning, chills, and gag reflex when I come back to this thread, now 2 days later.

I think I will try the leeches instead to pull out my toxins.

For the record, TMI on swallowing. That makes me gag too, especially oil. I envision going into my kitchen, getting the oil out (granted it is not coconut oil), and taking and swishing it around for a bit (not 20 minutes though because then would have bits of food and bacteria in it) and then swallowing it. Yeah, no, not for me.

You don't swallow the oil. You spit it out, just like you would toothpaste or mouthwash.

Also, if the idea of swishing around coconut oil in your mouth makes you gag, you should check out the ingredient list of your favorite mouthwash. I'm sure the glycerin is equally appealing, given that it's not much different (it's a byproduct/coproduct of the acts of making soap and biodiesel, as a result of reacting fats/oils with a reactor agent), and we won't even get into the ingredients that aren't food-grade/safe to eat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glycerol

And, I don't hold mouthwash in my mouth for 20 minutes, maybe a minute swishing it around, then I spit it all out.
  • Quarkles
    Quarkles Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Oh, I hate to seem judgmental, but even the thought of this makes me gag. I'll use my toothbrush, thanks though. I'm literally getting little chill bumps thinking about it.

That is exactly what impedes progress and causes more obesity, gagging at the thought of something different. I suppose you gag at the thought of getting rid of your car too? When you sit strapped inside your tin box and light gasoline you give me chills just thinking about it and I, too, want to gag.

Yes. This is exactly what causes obesity. If only people would oil pull they would lose all the weight, have shiny teeth, and live forever. We would be a race of gods, with Herculean strength, and weaving poetry like Homer. Oh, why oh why, won't you all just believe!

Oil Pulling makes you lose more weight than sitting in a tin box and lighting gasoline.

I'm pretty sure that sitting in a tin box and lighting gasoline would make you lose more weight than any diet known to mankind. Of course, it would get a tad hot and while I love crispy skin on chicken, I prefer to avoid it myself.
    That is exactly what impedes progress and causes more obesity, gagging at the thought of something different. I suppose you think margarine is healthy, too?

What does margarine have to do with sitting in a tin box and lighting gasoline? Do I rub the margarine on the skin first?
    Thinking cars are a good thing is similar to believing that margarine is healthier than butter. Both ideas are delusions.

Oh, now I get you. Yea, total delusions, just like the moon landing. I tell you, the conspiracies in this country are alive and well. I'm personally stockpiling food and water in an underground bunker to cover for the time when Big Auto goes into overdrive, Big Pharma gets stoned, and Big Margarine finally butters my bread.

This gave me the biggest, stupidest smile. I like you.
    *puts on tinfoil hat to protect herself from Big Margarine*
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Oh, I hate to seem judgmental, but even the thought of this makes me gag. I'll use my toothbrush, thanks though. I'm literally getting little chill bumps thinking about it.

That is exactly what impedes progress and causes more obesity, gagging at the thought of something different. I suppose you gag at the thought of getting rid of your car too? When you sit strapped inside your tin box and light gasoline you give me chills just thinking about it and I, too, want to gag.

Yes. This is exactly what causes obesity. If only people would oil pull they would lose all the weight, have shiny teeth, and live forever. We would be a race of gods, with Herculean strength, and weaving poetry like Homer. Oh, why oh why, won't you all just believe!

Oil Pulling makes you lose more weight than sitting in a tin box and lighting gasoline.

I'm pretty sure that sitting in a tin box and lighting gasoline would make you lose more weight than any diet known to mankind. Of course, it would get a tad hot and while I love crispy skin on chicken, I prefer to avoid it myself.
    That is exactly what impedes progress and causes more obesity, gagging at the thought of something different. I suppose you think margarine is healthy, too?

What does margarine have to do with sitting in a tin box and lighting gasoline? Do I rub the margarine on the skin first?
    Thinking cars are a good thing is similar to believing that margarine is healthier than butter. Both ideas are delusions.

Oh, now I get you. Yea, total delusions, just like the moon landing. I tell you, the conspiracies in this country are alive and well. I'm personally stockpiling food and water in an underground bunker to cover for the time when Big Auto goes into overdrive, Big Pharma gets stoned, and Big Margarine finally butters my bread.

This gave me the biggest, stupidest smile. I like you.
    *puts on tinfoil hat to protect herself from Big Margarine*

I must have more coffee if I'm going to continue to read threads like this... I don't even. nope I'm done.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    This thread. A+, I laughed so hard I cried.

I cried so hard, I laughed.
  • NOMORECARS
    NOMORECARS Posts: 156
    Options
    Of the tragic, avoidable deaths across the country, one cause stands out well beyond all others.

Some advocates call it America's great, unnoticed public health menace, and it can hit any household in any neighborhood, inner city or suburban, rich or poor, black or white. It is the leading cause of deaths among Americans ages 1 to 34, and is the leading cause of long-term disability for all.

Many Americans fear becoming a victim of crime, but statistics show we are far more likely to be seriously injured or killed in a vehicle accident than to be harmed at the hands of criminal attackers.

And yet today and tomorrow and the next day, parents will subject themselves and their children to its danger with little concern.

"People don't generally think of driving as a risky task,"says Russ Rader, of the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. "They think that crashes happen to other people, not themselves. There is a researcher who calls it the illusory zone of immunity — when we do things day after day that are routine, we don't think of them as being particularly dangerous.

"But of course the statistics show that getting behind the wheel of a car is probably the riskiest thing any of us do on any given day."

Nationwide, an average of more than 41,000 have died in accidents each year over the past decade.

And yet, the deadly consequences of car crashes rarely lead TV newscasts or make it onto the front of the local news section of newspapers.

As the blogger Matthew Yglesias pointed out after a commuter train accident in Washington killed seven people and made national news: "One story you're not going to see leading tomorrow's newspaper is '97 dead in fatal car accidents.' "

That, the blogger computed, was the number of people killed every day on America's roads, although the Institute for Transportation Engineers estimates 120 people die every day from what it calls "vehicle-related crashes."That's like having four major airline disasters happen every week, the institute points out.

At the AAA Foundation Web site, chief executive officer Peter Kissinger repeatedly calls the epidemic of vehicle-related accidents a "public health crisis."

One Kissinger quote from a 2007 press release is typical of the message AAA is trying to spread: "Someone dies in a highway crash every 13 minutes. Where is the outrage? Why does our society accept so many deaths at the price of mobility? Traffic crashes are the leading cause of death for Americans from ages 1 to 34, and they affect countless friends and family members whenever they occur. Yet, motorists, citizens, key stakeholders and our society in general, are complacent to these ongoing tragedies."
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    Today's word is "plagiarism". Can you say "plagiarism"? I bet you can.

And why did you omit the conclusion of the article?
    Advocates stress that while some fatal accidents are tragically unavoidable, there are factors that can increase or reduce risk.

Memphis personal-injury lawyer James Ferrell offers five tips:

— Pay attention: Eliminate distractions so that you are more aware of surroundings.

— Don't speed: Decreases in reaction time combined with increases in energy released on impact make each mile above the speed limit ever more dangerous.

— Wear your seatbelt.

— Communicate while you drive: Use signals, make gradual lane transitions, take your time to brake, give yourself plenty of driving room.

— Keep space and pace: Tailgaters aren't just annoying, they're dangerous. Create predictability with consistent speeds. Give mergers plenty of space.
  • KhatLady
    KhatLady Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I spent the first half of this thread wondering if I was accidentally ... um, intoxicated.

I spent the second half wondering if I should be intentionally intoxicated.

My brain is sad now.
  • NOMORECARS
    Options

Advocates stress that while some fatal accidents are tragically unavoidable, there are factors that can increase or reduce risk.

— Pay attention: Eliminate distractions so that you are more aware of surroundings.

— Don't speed: Decreases in reaction time combined with increases in energy released on impact make each mile above the speed limit ever more dangerous.

— Wear your seatbelt.

— Communicate while you drive: Use signals, make gradual lane transitions, take your time to brake, give yourself plenty of driving room.

— Keep space and pace: Tailgaters aren't just annoying, they're dangerous. Create predictability with consistent speeds. Give mergers plenty of space.

I was just trying to make a point that there will never be a cure for obesity in America because Americans will risk death to avoid any movement which, in itself is a major cause of obesity.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I spent the first half of this thread wondering if I was accidentally ... um, intoxicated.

I spent the second half wondering if I should be intentionally intoxicated.

My brain is sad now.

:laugh:
  • QuietBloom
    Options

— Wear your seatbelt.

I was just trying to make a point that there will never be a cure for obesity in America because Americans will risk death to avoid any movement which, in itself is a major cause of obesity.

You mean the movement to eat less and move more? You might be right.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    This has got to be one of the dumber things I've heard people do for "health".

Leeches anyone? Pm me for prices.

You are absolutely right. Over a billion people in India where oil pulling has been a common practice for over 2000 years are probably all dumb, while you are super intelligent, because I assume you know everything about everything.

I had for almost ten years a re-occuring streptococcus infection in my throat and mouth cavity that was never completely cured by conventional western medicine ( usually long term and high dose antibiotics that damaged my stomach and digestive system ). When I went to work and live in Western Bengal I did the oil pulling treatment because I did no longer know what else to do...honestly not being really convinced that it would work, but I had nothing to lose.
    I did it for six weeks, was found through three consecutive lab tests streptococcus free and have been for over 15 years. Yes, I know it was a stupid thing to do for my health......:o).
  • FiverLagomorph
    FiverLagomorph Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    To obtain the maximum benefit the oil must be at least 20W-50.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Depends....do you spit or swallow.....

Giggity :drinker:
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

You are absolutely right. Over a billion people in India where oil pulling has been a common practice for over 2000 years are probably all dumb, while you are super intelligent, because I assume you know everything about everything.

I had for almost ten years a re-occuring streptococcus infection in my throat and mouth cavity that was never completely cured by conventional western medicine ( usually long term and high dose antibiotics that damaged my stomach and digestive system ). When I went to work and live in Western Bengal I did the oil pulling treatment because I did no longer know what else to do...honestly not being really convinced that it would work, but I had nothing to lose.
    I did it for six weeks, was found through three consecutive lab tests streptococcus free and have been for over 15 years. Yes, I know it was a stupid thing to do for my health......:o).

lolwut?
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    It may be a common practice in India--but it sounds absolutely disgusting and I have no need at all to do it. Yuck!
  • ermosa77
    ermosa77 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm sorry I find this board really funny. Yes, some factual stuff but very funny when you can guess some of the answers. Ok on a serious note... I want to find some motivational people and correspond to exercise only. I would appreciate to find female buddies to workout with in my town. That would be really great.
  • NOMORECARS
    Options
    It may be a common practice in India--but it sounds absolutely disgusting and I have no need at all to do it. Yuck!
    Don't you find margarine, canola oil and Doritos equally disgusting, or only the healthy stuff?
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Don't you find margarine, canola oil and Doritos equally disgusting, or only the healthy stuff?
    Oh hey look, it's that guy.
  • QuietBloom
    Options

Have you seen the average state of teeth in India? I have, and it's not good. I suppose swishing anything in your mouth is better than doing absolutely nothing, but not by much.