Need to loose belly fat in 6 WEEKS!!

Options

Replies

• _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I don't get it - you start your post saying you know you can't spot reduce, then ask how to do exactly that?

it's actually quite suprising too see such negative people on this website - find it quite sad that people that who have no idea about me and where as i am only trying to get information or help on this site have the time to put people down. if you don't have any thing nice to say don't say anything at all.

WUT?? I'm even more confused. You start your post saying you know you can't spot reduce, then ask how to spot reduce. I'm neither negative, sad or putting you down, I'm genuinely confused, you entirely contradict yourself in your post?

in my orignal post all i asked was Tips or advice or even help on how to help loose belly fat, as i've been doing my diet and workouts for 6 weeks now i'm seeing a change everywhere else but my stomach area so ofcourse naturally i would think i might be doing something wrong with my whole fitness routine and diet. I know i can't get a 6 pack over night but i know myself with what i'm doing for exercise and eating what i am eating i feel after the 6 weeks i would see some weight loss around my stomach area, which i'm not - hence why i resulted in asking the public community if i am doing anything wrong,

I don't think i am contridiciting myself if anything just asking based on my diet and excerise is there something i am doing wrong - it could be my diet or it could be im not doing enough cardio.. i'm not sure but just just thought by asking on online here i would gain some guidence and help didn't think i would get negative feedback from people on this thing

You know you can't spot reduce so why ask how to lose belly fat in 6 weeks?

Here's the thing. Fat comes off where it wants to when it wants to. Problem areas like stomachs are usually the last place it'll ever come off.
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,

so this is my 6th week of my bootcamp

My diet and eating is good and my exercising is also good

i am loosing weight every where but very slowly on my stomach area - i know that you can't target one area to loose weight and need to incorperate full body workouts which i am doing

these are my last 6 weeks before i head over to europe and really want to push my self to loose some belly fat and yes i know i can't expect a 6 pack over night but even just to loose some excess fat i would be happy

My bootcamp consists of various weight training circuits and HIIT 6 days a week and cardio twice - three time a week

Is there any tips/foods to avoid if trying to really burn fat around my stomach area - i have a feeling it might be what im eating which is still making me feel bloated and carry fat around my stomach area

heres my diary http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/nk1201?date=2014-05-20

How about 4-6 hours a day on the bike? Or 2-3 hours a day out jogging?

Either would shrink your overall fat (and muscle) in 6 weeks time due to the demands your body will need to fuel such an effort. :-)
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I don't understand either. You should really be dead by now according to your diary, seeing as it's completely empty.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

it's actually quite suprising too see such negative people on this website - find it quite sad that people that who have no idea about me and where as i am only trying to get information or help on this site have the time to put people down. if you don't have any thing nice to say don't say anything at all.

Seriously? If you're not even tracking your food, then you're obviously not even taking this seriously...

You want advice? Track every single piece of food that you put in your mouth every day. Weigh or measure every single food that you put in your mouth. Be as accurate as possible as often as possible. Drink plenty of water. Eat plenty of protein. Eat plenty of fiber. Lift heavy weights to preserve muscle during weight loss. Incorporate cardiovascular exercise to keep your cardiovascular system healthy and strong. Incorporate a consistent calorie deficit. Weigh yourself often to see if you need to adjust said calorie deficit.

Yes serisously,
    just because i am not tracking my food online here everyday doesn't mean i'm not tracking every food i eat in my journal all the other days, weighing every portion, eating enough carbs/protein/fats and drinking enoug water etc

my original post was just simply asking for help or tips - as i believe that so far i have been doing everything right for the past 6 weeks but the only thing that doesn't seem to be going is my stomach area and so ofcourse i would naturally think i'm lacking in exercise or my diet hence why i decided to ask here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161603-so-you-want-a-nice-stomach

perhaps you should reread this then

That link...
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I don't get it - you start your post saying you know you can't spot reduce, then ask how to do exactly that?

People are giving you hard love and sound advice.
    I'm IN
    are you?
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    You need to just keep doing what you're doing. Your body is going to take the fat off in whatever order it chooses. Lose as much as you can through eating right and exercise and then next summer you can look at this year's pics as "before" and see how much more you lost. There is simply not enough time to lose belly fat in 6 weeks unless you're already really close to your goal. Sorry. :(
    No. With all that exercise, the OP needs to UP her calories.

We have already covered it. She knows :)
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    "I spilled spot remover on my dog. He's gone now."
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    *A wild Derpes appears*

• gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    *A wild Derpes appears*

I rare sighting, indeed. He comes bearing jokes.
  • shapefitter
    Options
    Hi Guys,

i am loosing weight every where but very slowly on my stomach area - i know that you can't target one area to loose weight and need to incorperate full body workouts which i am doing

these are my last 6 weeks before i head over to europe and really want to push my self to loose some belly fat and yes i know i can't expect a 6 pack over night but even just to loose some excess fat i would be happy

My bootcamp consists of various weight training circuits and HIIT 6 days a week and cardio twice - three time a week

Is there any tips/foods to avoid if trying to really burn fat around my stomach area - i have a feeling it might be what im eating which is still making me feel bloated and carry fat around my stomach area

Either would shrink your overall fat (and muscle) in 6 weeks time due to the demands your body will need to fuel such an effort. :-)

Why are you suggesting this, is a good idea?
  • OkamiLavande
    OkamiLavande Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    The only real advice I can give is high fiber foods and lots of leafy green yummy things. Sure it won't help you lose weight but it will help give your stomach a "flatter" appearance because the fiber will help keep your intestines regular and reduce bloat from that. Posture may help you some, I don't know. Eat lots of lean proteins. Try using tuna and other things in wraps. I like vegan chick'n tenders for a crunchy aspect to wraps. Wraps can be really filling and pair well with soups. Abs are made in the gym/workout but shown in the kitchen. So keep up your routine, just work on the diet and keep high proteins and lots of fiber.

Best of luck.
  • shapefitter
    Options

WUT?? I'm even more confused. You start your post saying you know you can't spot reduce, then ask how to spot reduce. I'm neither negative, sad or putting you down, I'm genuinely confused, you entirely contradict yourself in your post?

in my orignal post all i asked was Tips or advice or even help on how to help loose belly fat, as i've been doing my diet and workouts for 6 weeks now i'm seeing a change everywhere else but my stomach area so ofcourse naturally i would think i might be doing something wrong with my whole fitness routine and diet. I know i can't get a 6 pack over night but i know myself with what i'm doing for exercise and eating what i am eating i feel after the 6 weeks i would see some weight loss around my stomach area, which i'm not - hence why i resulted in asking the public community if i am doing anything wrong,

I don't think i am contridiciting myself if anything just asking based on my diet and excerise is there something i am doing wrong - it could be my diet or it could be im not doing enough cardio.. i'm not sure but just just thought by asking on online here i would gain some guidence and help didn't think i would get negative feedback from people on this thing

You know you can't spot reduce so why ask how to lose belly fat in 6 weeks?

Here's the thing. Fat comes off where it wants to when it wants to. Problem areas like stomachs are usually the last place it'll ever come off.
    The stomach is not a problem as such. In women, we store the excess fat in this area, due to our hormones. Modern day society see it to be unattrative, when in fact it is the way women are designed. The roman's recognised the natural shapes in women, and thousands of sculptures have been made by romans portraying women with stomachs.
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,

Why are you suggesting this, is a good idea?

Hopefully you didn't miss the smiley face...

That being said, the demands I listed above would burn 3 - 5K+ per day in calories and would probably end in the body seeking additional fuel from fat and muscle to fuel the effort. No smiley there, but I know the OP isn't going to suddenly turn into a professional endurance athelete for the next 6 weeks to lose her belly fat...
  • nk1201
    nk1201 Posts: 26
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Oh goodness, how I wish I could! Just keep eating with a reasonable deficit, and it'll come off eventually.

And enjoy Europe!

thank you :)
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    OP you answered your own question in your original post. You cannot spot reduce. That means there are no tips or tricks. Eat at a caloric deficit, eventually the fat will come off. Setting yourself arbitrary time deadlines does you no favors and is likely to lead to disappointment.

As for your food diary you missed your goal by almost 800 calories.
  • ruthejp13
    ruthejp13 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    OP - I agree that you received negative unhelpful comments. When I looked at your diary, I noticed you were not eating enough calories but without knowing your weight, can anyone say whether you are eating too little protein?

You also said you have been doing this for a while, so the rude comment that you should start earlier is uncalled for. Having a reason to lose weight such as a trip is excellent motivation - congratulations.

Unfortunately, even if you've been losing weight and toning up, sometimes it seems to me that it is during the maintenance phase that you start to see the changes. I'll lose 20 pounds and hear nothing. Then I'll maintain it for 2 months and one day I start getting tons of compliments.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    OP - I agree that you received negative unhelpful comments. When I looked at your diary, I noticed you were not eating enough calories but without knowing your weight, can anyone say whether you are eating too little protein?

You also said you have been doing this for a while, so the rude comment that you should start earlier is uncalled for. Having a reason to lose weight such as a trip is excellent motivation - congratulations.

Unfortunately, even if you've been losing weight and toning up, sometimes it seems to me that it is during the maintenance phase that you start to see the changes. I'll lose 20 pounds and hear nothing. Then I'll maintain it for 2 months and one day I start getting tons of compliments.

How do you have any idea if she's eating enough calories if she hasn't logged any food?
  • taramaclaren
    taramaclaren Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    So, as you stated in OP, we are all HIGHLY AWARE that it is impossible to spot reduce.

Noted.

You can, however, slightly improve the appearance of your core by focusing on good posture and incorporating a solid ab routine during the next few weeks. I would recommend checking out Pilates, and also reading the two below articles:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/berardi19.htm (this one is hilarious)

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/topicoftheweek30.htm (multiple view points to read and educate yourself with)

Lots of great information on bodybuilding.com, though I'm not a fan of the heavy emphasis on supplements.

Ditto on the leafy greens and making sure you have high protein.

You have come a long way, and you should be proud of that on your vacation no matter where you are in your journey! Don't sacrifice long-term success (ie diet so hard that you crash on this vacation and don't recover) for a short term gain.

Good luck!!
  • nk1201
    Options

sorry my current details are so far i have lost 3kg within my 5th week (last week) i currently weigh 70kg - i am 23years old - height 161cm

thank you, i started my fitness journey in March so its basically been a 12 week challenge and this week is my 6th week i just get discoraged as i feel with the workout routines im doing and eating habits i've been eating i would of expected a much higher fat loss around my stomach area, hence why i asked for help/tips on here , Europe is another reason to motivate me and i strive to still come back after 2 months in europe and continue this lifestyle not just a "diet phase"
  • ruthejp13
    ruthejp13 Posts: 213 Member
    Options

How do you have any idea if she's eating enough calories if she hasn't logged any food?

There was a glitch or something. The first time I looked I could see what she logged and it was about 1100 calories per day. The second time I looked, there was nothing in the diary.
  • nk1201
    Options
    So, as you stated in OP, we are all HIGHLY AWARE that it is impossible to spot reduce.

Noted.

You can, however, slightly improve the appearance of your core by focusing on good posture and incorporating a solid ab routine during the next few weeks. I would recommend checking out Pilates, and also reading the two below articles:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/berardi19.htm (this one is hilarious)

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/topicoftheweek30.htm (multiple view points to read and educate yourself with)

Lots of great information on bodybuilding.com, though I'm not a fan of the heavy emphasis on supplements.

Ditto on the leafy greens and making sure you have high protein.

You have come a long way, and you should be proud of that on your vacation no matter where you are in your journey! Don't sacrifice long-term success (ie diet so hard that you crash on this vacation and don't recover) for a short term gain.

Good luck!!

Hi thanks for giving some of your advice :) i will definately have a read as well in some of those websites you have suggested

going to europe in July is just another reason for me to push myself when i leave and i know when i get back i will definately continue my fitness journey from what i've gathered from everyone in my post that is its impossible to do this or that, but i guess that just makes me even more motivated to keep trying and only better myself and just go with all the help i've already got from all the helpful people who have replied with postive feed back

thanks again :)