How often do u all weigh in?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else feel like weighing in daily helps them stay on track better than weekly?? I know it's "a big no no" but I feel like I am more accountable if I do it that way.

Absolutely I agree!!
    There are some people however that can't deal with it daily and feel like they are failing if they "gain" over night. So I don't reccomend it for everyone, but for me, yup. Everyday, same time in the morning and same time at night.
  • CourtneyK8586
    CourtneyK8586 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Now that I'm reading all ur responses, I'm glad I'm not the only one that weighs everyday/every couple days. lol. I just can't seem to wait a week to weigh myself. I might see if I move it from the bathroom if that will help. I usually weigh in the mornings after I go to the bathroom but I feel weird weighing myself in front of my fiance so maybe if it's in our bedroom I'll weigh in less. I don't know but I'm still happy to see I'm not the only one haha. :)
  • 1911JR
    1911JR Posts: 276
    Options
    Does anyone else feel like weighing in daily helps them stay on track better than weekly?? I know it's "a big no no" but I feel like I am more accountable if I do it that way.

Wednesday morning after I poop...... If I miss that window, try it again the next Wednesday. I think most people check their weight way too often. Its too easy to get stressed out of a pound and then eat less and cause a bigger problem. Got to have my protein!

Its just a number anyway. So for me, that's such a smart part of it all, that it hardly has any meaning.
  • ehcem12
    ehcem12 Posts: 4
    Options
    I weigh in daily and didn't even realize until now how that was messing with my mind! Must change my ways asap.
  • Amy101975
    Amy101975 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily. I'm trying to figure out, by looking at the monthly trend, where my peaks and valleys are so that I don't get demotivated on off days.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    usually once in the morning and once in the afternoon
  • toconeledoux
    toconeledoux Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week officially - Fridays! Sometimes I think I am doing really well and other times when I think my choices might be affecting me negatively I will do an unofficial weight. Before our employee health updated and purchased the digital scale, I liked the old fashioned slide the weights scale. I would set it at my last weigh in weight and I would know my status based upon which way I would have to shift the weights. Without seeing a number, I didn't experience the fluctuation panic that happens periodically with the digital. Regardless, I choose the same time each Friday, before breakfast this is my constant.
  • Rancerox
    Rancerox Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I weigh several times during the day, with the final being right before I go to bed. My logged weight is taken every morning.

I'm also someone that likes to see the trends. I can handle the fluctuations; as long as the graph is primarily heading SE, I'm figure I'm doing fine.
  • aleja87wabsu
    Options
    Once, I started getting serious about keeping the weight off. I began to weight myself every morning. I already lost 15 pounds in total prior to me joining this sight.
  • tiredstarling529
    tiredstarling529 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday, but I am trying to weigh myself every few days. My weight fluctuates a little bit and it frustrates me. I really should weigh once a week.
  • Gregg8322
    Gregg8322 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    almost everyday. i try to limit it to once a week but i cant help myself
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    every Saturday when I first wake up, after using restroom, wearing my nightshirt still.
  • ybee1991
    ybee1991 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Friday. It's tempting to weigh myself everyday, but as someone who used to eat as few calories as possible, weigh myself about 3 times a day, and freak out, this is just better for me. It helps me to keep perspective :).
  • babsabs2011
    babsabs2011 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, but unless I have lost weight and it has stayed there for a few days, I don't log it.
  • SiempreBella
    SiempreBella Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily. The fluctuations no longer bother me, and it keeps me accountable. Like if I see a spike in weight ( which I do) I can look back and think what could have caused it. Was it because I ate a lot of salt? Did I drink that day? I question my choices of food. Most of the time I just ate to much salt. Which I do eat a lot, Mexican candy. I love lucas and that has a lot of salt in it.
  • nonacgp
    nonacgp Posts: 132
    Options
    Everyone is different. If it feels right for you, do it.
  • nonacgp
    nonacgp Posts: 132
    Options
    I also weigh in once a week. I found that weighing myself daily discouraged me.Once I make my goal weight, I will probably weigh in daily. If it is up a pound or two, I'll cool it for that day.
  • lafilledelarue
    lafilledelarue Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I weigh-in every 30 days.
  • BonworthVonFattyPants
    BonworthVonFattyPants Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Roughly weekly but no specific day.