Underwear is so overrated

Options

Replies

• sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    this topic reminds me of a story I saw about a nude gym in Sweden (I think)..It's an all male gym and the pictures appeared to be of them doing crossfit..I remember one particular pic of a guy climbing a rope and thought to myself, "Holy Hell that would be one painful rope burn"
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Um....I can see my panties through my Do Bok pants as they are white cotton (Martial Arts uniform). I always make sure I wear plain white undies as any designs will show through. This is especially true after I start sweating. Yeah, I'm so NOT putting on a show for my MA class stock full of "A" personality guys.... As far as I know dudes are quite aware (I've asked a few) when women are not wearing underwear. NOT the message I want to put out there....
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I live commando

even in skirts:wink:
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Wow! I didn't realize so many people were going commando at the gym. Well that gives me something to look for next time I am there. :tongue: I never even thought about not wearing it to the gym. Everything I wear gets very sweaty after a workout and gets peeled off and put in the hamper as soon as I get home and jump in the shower.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Everything I wear gets very sweaty after a workout and gets peeled off and put in the hamper as soon as I get home and jump in the shower.
    Yep- I don't even like leaving them in there for more than 2-3 days because of the funk issues with laungry getting piled on top.

But yeah- every time this comes up- people talk about only having one sports bra- or re-using them- and I find that far more repulsive than the thought of someone not wearing underwear. The idea of putting on a two day old sweated in bra just makes my stomach turn.

Um....I can see my panties through my Do Bok pants as they are white cotton (Martial Arts uniform). I always make sure I wear plain white undies as any designs will show through. This is especially true after I start sweating. Yeah, I'm so NOT putting on a show for my MA class stock full of "A" personality guys.... As far as I know dudes are quite aware (I've asked a few) when women are not wearing underwear. NOT the message I want to put out there....

What message is that??

I'm curious.
  • KayJaMikel
    KayJaMikel Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    when exercising.

Right? RIGHT?

I mean, I'm gonna get it all sweaty anyways and won't wear it afterwards.
    Just be careful when you go anywhere else in your workout clothes before you hit the gym. Last week I had physical therapy, and he asked me to take off my pants to take a better look at my foot.

Boy, was that awkward.....

I so agree. I rarely wear underwear. Hate em. They pull and bind, and those th0ngs, could not stand to wear them.

ETA, typed things but meant THONGS.
  • KayJaMikel
    Options

What message is that??

I'm curious.

I guess, if you do not wear underwear, that tells the guys in her MA class that she is easy, it will be easy to get into her vajayjay? Don’t know really though.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I don't want guys to be curious about my not wearing underwear in class. I believe (and feel free to disagree) that it would send out the message that I'm single and looking for a good time. That is my own personal opinion. I don't run about without a bra either. I do not care if others do. This is about myself.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I don't want guys to be curious about my not wearing underwear in class. I believe (and feel free to disagree) that it would send out the message that I'm single and looking for a good time. That is my own personal opinion. I don't run about without a bra either. I do not care if others do. This is about myself.

I'm really confused (honestly- not snarky) how does not wearing underwear = single? and looking for a good time???

is that a new message??

edit- I understand having a white uniform and the need to not be seen nakid. Roommie did BJJ/MT and she wore compression gear under neath to prevent than- so- no underwear- and no nekkid time.
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    Options

?????

Really?
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I would also say... guys like to SAY they know when a women isn't wearing undies- but the reality is they can only tell if it's full or not. they don't have some magical undie eye sight that lets them know you are or aren't- they can only see what you can see.

they can't determine if it's thong or commando- they just like to think they can.
  • KayJaMikel
    Options

For all they know, you could be out of clean undies. I really doubt they are looking and wondering why you are not wearing undies.
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of women leaving snail trails on the benches and machines. :noway:

EW.
  • helenarriaza
    Options
    Not a fan of pants, at home at least lol.

I learned not to be embarrassed in medical emergencies after having surgery after surgery. They are used to that.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I've never thought about not wearing underwear while working out. I sweat a lot when lifting. So I think the extra layer of underwear would help me keep the bench free from sweat, although I always sit on a towel anyway. But now you have me thinking that maybe I should try it when I go for runs outside. Do you girls recommend going without on runs?

I usually wear knee-length tights or skorts for my runs. With the tights I can only imagine having to constantly pull my underwear down--I'd rather concentrate on my runs. All of the skorts have fitted panties inside--the ones from Athleta are a substantial material, and my favorites are The North Face Eat My Dust (nice and light for summer)--but yeah, wearing a second pair of underpants would be superfluous.

Seeing as how I'm usually running on a treadmill or using the TRX in the gym, if I'm leaving "snail trails" on the equipment, I have much bigger problems than an ounce of cotton is going to solve.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Ew. That happens? I only wear yoga pants to the gym, so I don't think this is an issue.

You know that you can see through yoga pants when you bend over or laying back on a bench right. I'm not trying to be a pervert...just thought you should know. I have told women before and they was suprised about that.

"Hey, I'm not a pervert but I can totally see right through your pants when you bend over or lay on your back. Just thought you should know. So, do you need a spotter for these deadlifts?"

*Blinded by mace*
  • KayJaMikel
    Options

I learned not to be embarrassed in medical emergencies after having surgery after surgery. They are used to that.

What do you wear at home if not pants then?
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

I have a couple pictures. She looks like this.

tumblr_myx9shoSfn1sl29wjo1_250.gif
  • helenarriaza
    Options

Huge summer dresses or only underwear.

It was pricey enough to not to use it lol.
  • KayJaMikel
    Options

Huge summer dresses or only underwear.

It was pricey enough to not to use it lol.

So, you might currently be sitting at your computer typing an answer to me in your underwear?