Replies

• weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Is this for real.
  • Vanillatwilight3
    Vanillatwilight3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm sure they aren't doing it to piss you off. Those are probably just whats comfortable to them. And most workout clothes for women are just made that way. Short and tanks because its hot. Yoga pants are soft and don't chafe. I really don't think they are thinking too hard on it. Thats just how most work out clothes are for women. Not really many options on what else to wear. I mean maybe t-shirts but thats actually no where near as comfortable and hard to deal with, tighter clothes stay out of the way.
  • SusanaLdn
    SusanaLdn Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You do realize you have to be an adult and function around women regardless of what they are wearing.

Not sure why a woman needs to dress in a manner that means you don't' get an erection. Are you expecting perhaps a burka?

You're responsible for your body. She isn't. Stop expecting women to change for your short comings.

I was actually rather disgusted by the whole thing, not aroused. I no longer find rail-thin college girls to be all that attractive. I was fine ignoring them until they come and deadlift right in front of the bench I am using, that's just kind of rude I think.

On a side note I also saw a large (muscular) male (who turned out to be a local law enforcement officer) do the same thing to some guy at this same gym, after he saw this guy watching and making fun of the girls in a zumba class. I thought it was rude then too.

Why disgusted? And what do you mean, "I no longer find rail-thin college girls to be all that attractive'? Are you judging attractiveness based on fat? Oh no no, Sir, you're getting yourself in for big trouble. What if they had curves? Would that be less disgusting? People 'make fun of' and 'are disgusted by' things that touch a part of them they are not comfortable with. Go check that out.
  • ncrugbyprop
    ncrugbyprop Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    God, I do love a good troll thread...
  • DivineChoices
    DivineChoices Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. Are you upset b/c they are wearing skin tight outfits, or because they DL in front of your bench? Because it SEEMS to be you don't like their outfits, and that is all. The good news about that, is YOU don't have to wear those outfits. Luckily, you have NO control over what other members wear to the gym. Be thankful they aren't naked.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    now we know why you can't wear sweatpants and no underwear to the gym.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should respond to the OP of this thread. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1301347-what-s-wrong-with-your-thing

:laugh:
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Stop staring at everyone's *kitten* and it would not disgust you.
  • DivineChoices
    DivineChoices Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You do realize you have to be an adult and function around women regardless of what they are wearing.

Not sure why a woman needs to dress in a manner that means you don't' get an erection. Are you expecting perhaps a burka?

You're responsible for your body. She isn't. Stop expecting women to change for your short comings.

I was actually rather disgusted by the whole thing, not aroused. I no longer find rail-thin college girls to be all that attractive. I was fine ignoring them until they come and deadlift right in front of the bench I am using, that's just kind of rude I think.

On a side note I also saw a large (muscular) male (who turned out to be a local law enforcement officer) do the same thing to some guy at this same gym, after he saw this guy watching and making fun of the girls in a zumba class. I thought it was rude then too.

Why disgusted? And what do you mean, "I no longer find rail-thin college girls to be all that attractive'? Are you judging attractiveness based on fat? Oh no no, Sir, you're getting yourself in for big trouble. What if they had curves? Would that be less disgusting? People 'make fun of' and 'are disgusted by' things that touch a part of them they are not comfortable with. Go check that out.

Alright, you know I'm just sick of people doing straight legged deadlifts right in front of me, whether its skinny minnie sorority girl or some big male law enforcement officer, I just don't appreciate it!

Make up your mind! If its people deadlifting in front of you, you have a VOICE! You can speak up and ask them to move down a couple feet. It's not REALLY about women in the weight room then.
  • Dr__Girlfriend
    Dr__Girlfriend Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should focus on your own workout instead of fixating and tripping out over what everyone else is doing in the gym. I don't even see other people at the gym when I'm there. GET IN THE ZONE, BREAUX
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options

Alright, you know I'm just sick of people doing straight legged deadlifts right in front of me, whether its skinny minnie sorority girl or some big male law enforcement officer, I just don't appreciate it!

What. What's so offensive about stiff legged Deadlifts?
  • budobo
    budobo Posts: 38
    Options
    ydiBX0B.gif

Best part of this whole thread
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Stop staring at everyone's *kitten* and it would not disgust you.

When I see you at Hefner....I stare....just sayin'!
  • michmo69
    michmo69 Posts: 1
    Options
    Its a gym - what do you expect? Maybe you coud just kindly ask them to move or move to another location yourself.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    There should be a dress code against something like this...

504eb8e3-2b99-45a7-99e4-d37cb5dd5123_zps370380f2.jpg

But then again, babies don't belong in the gym in the first place.

eb0d820c-d3dc-40ec-9c6b-333b23280508_zps9e3ba606.jpg
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

Was he wearing yoga pants, too? Or was he wearing his uniform? I'm just asking for spank...I mean science.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I think it's safe to say he isn't in a Planet Fitness.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

If you don't like people doing exercises in front of you, do your workouts at home. Gyms only have so much space. There's going to be people in front of you, behind you, to the left of you, and to the right of you. For all the time you supposedly spend in the gym, you should be used to it.