Women in the weight room

Options

Replies

• QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    <<<<<< A few hours early, but since butts in yoga pants are apparently offensive :tongue: . What can I say, I like offending people.

*high five* for da booties!!

Quoting to post my butt pic again. Almost as effective fishing as the thread a few weeks ago complaining about people using butt pics for their profile photos.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Troll or not considering what just happened in Santa Barbara and the shooter's reasoning for it, this thread is in extremely poor taste.
  • l_ashley
    l_ashley Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Sorry OP, that only works if you are in planet fitness.
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    So... Wait... If you wear yoga pants outside of the gym, you're letting yourself go...

But if you wear them IN the gym... You're an attention seeker...

So when is it appropriate to wear them???

I am so glad I don't care about appropriate! I wear those suckers EVERYWHERE!

me too!!!!

Yup, me too! My official uniform as soon as I get home from work - workout shorts or yoga pants and tank top. Every day. They're comfortable, I look good, we're all happy...
  • Ihatecoldsoup
    Ihatecoldsoup Posts: 186
    Options
    Troll or not considering what just happened in Santa Barbara and the shooter's reasoning for it, this thread is in extremely poor taste.

I thought the shooting was because he wasn't getting laid, not because chicks were doing deadlifts.
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I LOVE me my yoga pants. That is all I ever wear when I work out. Shorts don't provide the coverage and mobility that yoga pants do. They are so comfortable and fit like a glove. I consider it a side bennie that they make my *kitten* look good.

Personally, I get offended by people at the gym who don't practice good hygiene, don't clean benches/machines after they use them, and who hog weights/machines.

You would hate my gym! One of our members is a female stripper (she flies out to Vegas to perform!). She has a huge, lush bootie and wears yoga pants - brightly colored ones - and squats, stretches, and sometimes even moves to the music on her headphones. Funny thing is, I have NEVER seen any of the guys ogle her or behave inappropriately toward her. We are all doing our own thing. Maybe you should start doing that?
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I wear yoga pants because that's what I can afford (and they're comfortable). People who even pay attention to what other people wear most likely have insecurities about their own bodies. I have never seen anyone dress like they are going to the club at the gym and I don't care

What!? So are yoga pants cheaper than a pair of sweats or ball shorts?

Yes actually.. I buy stuff when I can find good deals. Sweats aren't really that comfortable, me wearing shorts would cause problems at the gym ;)
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Sorry OP, that only works if you are in planet fitness.

That place is exactly what I thought of when I read this thread
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

:huh:
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    Here's a suggestion on how to get the younger ladies to put on pants...

Be that creepy old dude that has to talk to and stare at every girl wearing short shorts. It works at my gym. The younger lady wearing short shorts kept getting hit on by 60+ year old men. She started wearing pants.
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options

I thought the shooting was because he wasn't getting laid, not because chicks were doing deadlifts.

I can see it. He also belonged to groups online that were about treating women as property to be controlled or acquired. They aren't people, they are things put on earth to make men happy, and failure to do what he (the man) wants justifies punishment.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

I hate it when my clothes bunch up on me. If I'm doing planks, I don't like my top falling forward and giving full view up and down my shirt. If I'm boxing, I hate having my shirt flopping around on me. I prefer tanks because I get hot. and I don't like being hot. I tend to wear yoga pants because a) I can find them in my size (36" inseam) b) they don't chafe or ride up when I run and c) they hide my scarred up shins.

Do I like form fitting clothes. YES I DO.

Will I wear baggy because I think that YOU don't approve, or worry that YOU feel that I'm doing it for attention? Um... No. Not at all.

Think what you want about me. I could care less.

Apparently you care enough to extensively explain to us exactly why you wear these types of clothes.

Oooh you got me.

Tho... Really... That was pretty concise and to the point for me!
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options

:huh:

Honestly, I thought this too but decided to assume it was just the usual level of MFP stupidity and not someone being truly malicious.
  • ImeldaMGF
    ImeldaMGF Posts: 13
    Options
    Are you one of those men who think that a woman wearing fitted clothing is 'asking for it'?
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options
    I wear yoga pants because that's what I can afford (and they're comfortable). People who even pay attention to what other people wear most likely have insecurities about their own bodies. I have never seen anyone dress like they are going to the club at the gym and I don't care

What!? So are yoga pants cheaper than a pair of sweats or ball shorts?

Yes actually.. I buy stuff when I can find good deals. Sweats aren't really that comfortable, me wearing shorts would cause problems at the gym ;)

OK, but some yoga pants fit a lot more snuggly than others, why not use the loose fit pair?

Because I could only afford the one pair and my husband SPECIFICALLY requested the extra tight ones. :bigsmile:
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    You do realize you have to be an adult and function around women regardless of what they are wearing.

Not sure why a woman needs to dress in a manner that means you don't' get an erection. Are you expecting perhaps a burka?

You're responsible for your body. She isn't. Stop expecting women to change for your short comings.

Please understand that sometimes it is impossible to avoid acquiring an erection.

And therefore, the easiest solution for everyone involved is to just ban women.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Even the trolling is getting lame around here.
  • Sierrv
    Sierrv Posts: 6
    Options
    Am I the only person who *kind* of agrees with the OP? It's a bit distracting and irritating when people go to the gym with the clear intention of getting looks. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but if you wear a sports bra and yoga pants (or as a man, a muscle tee / no shirt) to the gym, you're clearly looking for attention right?
    This is YOUR problem.