Anyone Lost A Lot of Weight While Eating Sugar Every Day

Options
1235»

Replies

• mike_ny
    mike_ny Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    One of the reasons keeping a food journal is so important is that you have to figure out what nutrient ratios work the best for you. I do really well eating a diet very high in fat, plenty of protein, and reduced carbs (especially sugar). It seemed like the more fat I ate the more weight I'd lose, but any significant amount of simple carbs just put it right back on. Other people do fine on mostly carbs and wouldn't do well at all for what works best for me.

Try different combinations and when you feel great and start seeing the results you want, go back and figure out what you did and what you ate over the last week and see if it works as well when you try it again.

Don't assume that what works for someone else will work equally well for you. It'd be great and a lot easier for everybody if it worked like that, but it doesn't. You have to find your own way.
  • LittleMissFit83
    Options
    I think if you stay within your caloric goal you're golden. I have a massive sweet tooth and I still lose weight. :)
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Who doesn't eat sugar everyday?
    [raises hand] I don't but I doubt the nutritionist knows what he or she is talking about.

I consult a dietician when I want nutrition advice. The educational requirements are much more rigorous.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Who doesn't eat sugar everyday?
    [raises hand] I don't but I doubt the nutritionist knows what he or she is talking about.

I consult a dietician when I want nutrition advice. The educational requirements are much more rigorous.

Many registered dieticians refer to themselves as nutritionists. Just because someone says "my nutritionist" doesn't mean that it was not a registerd dietician. Of course, it doesn't mean they are either.