"I knew you'd lose weight and leave me."

Options

Replies

• rbrooks14760
    Options
    This thread reminds me of that south park episode where they're on Springer and the woman's husband is disabled and all the trash in the audience is screaming that she needs to kick him to the curb. I'm aware there's some pretty ****ty guys out there, but there's some pretty ****ty women, and they ALL think they're a catch too.
  • OnTheWayToPerfection
    OnTheWayToPerfection Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your support! It is embarrassing saying that I'm divorced, but at the same time no one knows the extent of the situation. I never said it was all him. There were problematic attributes on both sides. Just because I put a few quotes of what was said didn't mean that was ALL.
    We wanted completely different things out if life and were two completely different people.
    I'm just happy that I'm no longer "settled" but sharing my loves and passions for life with someone who wants the same.
    Just that alone makes everything worth it.

And she's a woman.
    Go ahead and pick me apart some more :)
    But I've found the meaning of happiness, love, peace and so much more.
    People say they are happy, but to feel happiness every day... just enjoy life and find one who enjoys it the same way you do :)
  • pleasurelittletreasure
    pleasurelittletreasure Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Uhm, it sounds like you're advocating divorce, and I don't agree with that.

The advice could also be for someone who is just starting to date. If it isn't a nurturing relationship, that is the time to get out.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    OP: I'm glad you are happy. :flowerforyou:
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    I married my ex-wife when she was significantly overweight, constantly complimented her and supported her eventual weight loss, and she still changed so much for the worse after the weight came off and the attention came from others that the marriage ended.

Maybe if I hadn't been so complimentary all the time, she wouldn't have gotten used to it and gotten her head swelled by the compliments of others. Who knows. One thing's for sure, with women, you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

I agree. I tell my wife all the time how ugly and fat she is and everything is perfect for us.

On a different topic, how do I get me wife to stop taking a dump on my forehead while I sleep?

2j5dw60.gif
    You can't stop her. Just get rid of her and send her to someone who appreciates that. Like me.
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    Hey I know! Let's all put our opinions here on a relationship we know nothing about except for a short presentation made by one side of the relationship and support it or trash it based on our own biases! Then we can attack the opinions that others made up in their heads about the relationship because they don't match ours!

Glad you lost weight and are happy OP. Sorry you posted a statement of betrayal from your ex-spouse, sounds like there are still issues there about it, hope you find someone else to talk to about it other than random cheerleaders and detractors that don't know or care anything about you or him or your relationship.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Don't let anyone bust your bubble. You are happy and should be proud you moved on rather than suffered with a bad relationship
  • JohnMatrix
    JohnMatrix Posts: 59
    Options
    His loss.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your support! It is embarrassing saying that I'm divorced, but at the same time no one knows the extent of the situation. I never said it was all him. There were problematic attributes on both sides. Just because I put a few quotes of what was said didn't mean that was ALL.
    We wanted completely different things out if life and were two completely different people.
    I'm just happy that I'm no longer "settled" but sharing my loves and passions for life with someone who wants the same.

And she's a woman.
    People say they are happy, but to feel happiness every day... just enjoy life and find one who enjoys it the same way you do :)

Ahh...the plot thickens!!

Whatever, OP. I'm happy you're happy. :flowerforyou:
  • rbrooks14760
    Options

And she's a woman.

Good for you. Judging by the outcome, there's no man that would make you happy anyway; Sounds like your issues were multi-faceted.
  • rbrooks14760
    Options
    I was just talking about my general experience, nothing directed at the OP in the slightest. More the Ya-Ya Sisterhood that ran in here sounding like the audience at a Springer show.
    Hey I know! Let's all put our opinions here on a relationship we know nothing about except for a short presentation made by one side of the relationship and support it or trash it based on our own biases! Then we can attack the opinions that others made up in their heads about the relationship because they don't match ours!

Glad you lost weight and are happy OP. Sorry you posted a statement of betrayal from your ex-spouse, sounds like there are still issues there about it, hope you find someone else to talk to about it other than random cheerleaders and detractors that don't know or care anything about you or him or your relationship.
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Uhm, it sounds like you're advocating divorce, and I don't agree with that.

Sometimes, when you conclude that human beings weren't meant to live with the abuse or neglect the other person is dishing out, and they won't change, divorce is the answer. Without it, I'd be broke, crazy and maybe still living with my first husband (although he drank himself to death in 2010 so maybe not). Instead, I'm embarking on a happy retirement with the dear man I married 11 years ago.

To the OP: good for you for finding the good man you deserve. I suspect that all long the reason your Ex was so unsupportive was that he didn't want you to succeed. You don't need that.

Like I said earlier, I don't criticize people for getting divorced. Relationships are hard. My issue was the message sounded like "I did and so can you!" People, at various times, advocated for my marriage when we were fed up with each other. I read somewhere that a bad marriage and a good marriage are often the same marriage at different points in time. Sometimes people need to give their marriage some time and give that time some time. That's all.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    This thread reminds me of that south park episode where they're on Springer and the woman's husband is disabled and all the trash in the audience is screaming that she needs to kick him to the curb. I'm aware there's some pretty ****ty guys out there, but there's some pretty ****ty women, and they ALL think they're a catch too.

Clearly... your issues aren't multi-faceted, just the OP's.

nicknewgirl.gif
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options

And she's a woman.

Oh my! I've got girlfriends who cheer me on through thick & thin and support me whether I deserve it or not - that's what girlfriends are for! Doesn't mean I'm gonna leave my hubby for them... just sayin'.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Plot twist no jutsu!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

And she's a woman.

Oh my! I've got girlfriends who cheer me on through thick & thin and support me whether I deserve it or not - that's what girlfriends are for! Doesn't mean I'm gonna leave my hubby for them... just sayin'.

This is a pretty ignorant statement. :noway:
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

And she's a woman.

Ahh...the plot thickens!!

Whatever, OP. I'm happy you're happy. :flowerforyou:

Not just the plot...giggity...
  • OnTheWayToPerfection
    OnTheWayToPerfection Posts: 115 Member
    Options

And she's a woman.

I left him then found her. There was no leaving for someone else.

You people are the plot twisters....
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    92ba7b2fa9552e1d45d81704c9f5acea5fc3b099bb141f5c9a2954373c18e795.jpg