"I knew you'd lose weight and leave me."

Replies

• homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    I married my ex-wife when she was significantly overweight, constantly complimented her and supported her eventual weight loss, and she still changed so much for the worse after the weight came off and the attention came from others that the marriage ended.

Maybe if I hadn't been so complimentary all the time, she wouldn't have gotten used to it and gotten her head swelled by the compliments of others. Who knows. One thing's for sure, with women, you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

I agree. I tell my wife all the time how ugly and fat she is and everything is perfect for us.

On a different topic, how do I get me wife to stop taking a dump on my forehead while I sleep?

2j5dw60.gif
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    I married my ex-wife when she was significantly overweight, constantly complimented her and supported her eventual weight loss, and she still changed so much for the worse after the weight came off and the attention came from others that the marriage ended.

Maybe if I hadn't been so complimentary all the time, she wouldn't have gotten used to it and gotten her head swelled by the compliments of others. Who knows. One thing's for sure, with women, you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Yay, a bitter!

Perfect illustration of how the female mind works. Bashing your ex-wife = bitter. Bashing your ex-husband = you go girl!

Nope, their all bitters!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    I wonder how much support this would be getting if the genders were reversed?? Just saying

This card is pulled so often it makes me laugh... I can't speak for everyone, but I wouldn't care if the OP were male, female, trans, or agender. I'd STILL support their decision to cut off someone who verbally attacks them.

Nobody verbally attacked anyone from what we know of the story. Are you filling in extra details?
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Doctor-Leaves-The-Room-With-A-Smoke-Bomb-Illusion-On-Archer.gif
  • I married my ex-wife when she was significantly overweight, constantly complimented her and supported her eventual weight loss, and she still changed so much for the worse after the weight came off and the attention came from others that the marriage ended.

I agree. I tell my wife all the time how ugly and fat she is and everything is perfect for us.

On a different topic, how do I get me wife to stop taking a dump on my forehead while I sleep?

2j5dw60.gif

IDK, doesn't matter. I upgraded anyway. I realize looking back that she wasn't worth any of the praise I threw her way; Fat or skinny, ugly goes to the core.
  • GRRRRL POWERRRR

Cliffs notes of the thread: Women deserve lavish praise whether fat, fit, or anywhere in between, and reserve the right to completely turn into egocentric twits as soon as some other male throws her attention.

If I loved you when you were fat, loved you when you were losing, loved you when you were fit, and you still prefer the attention of other men to my loyalty, the problem isn't me, it's you.

Yay, a bitter!

I know, right, too bad he didn't know how to keep her in her place!
  • TrolleyRide
    TrolleyRide Posts: 64 Member
    Sounds like he was just looking for an excuse to break up from the beginning.
  • sassyjae21

2j5dw60.gif

I just spit out my water
  • TrolleyRide
    TrolleyRide Posts: 64 Member
    "I knew you'd lose weight and leave me." I honestly HOPE those are the words he said to you! If they are: How sweet life is. Don't you agree? I went through something like this in away. I met a guy & man, did he say all the right things. I thought I fell in love with him. We moved in together. His parents very much being "upstanding people" in the church FORCED us into getting married. As in: They set the date. Bought the rings. The dress. Decorated the place. Even picked out who would give me away and stand up for us. I kept my mouth shut. He was cheating. I had a daughter. Things happened. I was pregnant again. He cheated some more. I was on my 3rd daughter at this point. I couldn't stand him. He would "force" me to scrub the kitchen floor on my hands a knees when his parents were coming to visit even though I was 9 months pregnant. When I was ready to deliver my 4th daughter & I told him I had to be at the hospital at 5 am- He responded with "Don't call me when you have the kid. I will call you when I wake up. I am going to sleep in." SLAP! Bye Bye. After 10 years it took that one sentence & I was done. I met my now husband 17 years ago. Gosh! We all deserve to be happy :) he is wonderful. My supporter. My love. My life. My heart. My revenge came when my x-husband knocked on my door one day & my second oldest daughter opened it turning around & calling out to my husband "Daddy, someone is here to see you!" Yes- I did say revenge because honestly some moments are just to amazing not to high five yourself. So girl, you high five yourself & let me give you one too! I am so happy for you. Everyone has their own opinion but my saying is: You get what you give! Shake that butt & snap those fingers! Hold that head high & wear that crown that you so deserve! Smile honey, it looks great on you!!!

You didn't have to show up at the church, yanno.
  • Myfitfutureself
    Myfitfutureself Posts: 34 Member
    Uhm, it sounds like you're advocating divorce, and I don't agree with that.

But you DO agree with staying in a relationship where you're verbally abused?

You must be a special kind of stupid......Where was the verbal abuse in the original post??? Don't worry...I'll wait................
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Uhm, it sounds like you're advocating divorce, and I don't agree with that.

Sometimes, when you conclude that human beings weren't meant to live with the abuse or neglect the other person is dishing out, and they won't change, divorce is the answer. Without it, I'd be broke, crazy and maybe still living with my first husband (although he drank himself to death in 2010 so maybe not). Instead, I'm embarking on a happy retirement with the dear man I married 11 years ago.

To the OP: good for you for finding the good man you deserve. I suspect that all long the reason your Ex was so unsupportive was that he didn't want you to succeed. You don't need that.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member

2j5dw60.gif

I can't stop laughing at this gif in this context. Oh my haylarious!
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    Those words came from someone who said, "I'm no longer sexually attracted to you since you've gained weight."
    Those words came from someone who never told me I was beautiful.
    Those words came from someone who never thanked me and took all for granted.
    Those words came from someone who NEVER cheered me on during my weightloss journey.
    Those words came from my, now ex, husband.

It sounds like this guy was a loser from the get go and you should have never been with him in the first place.
    Glad to hear that you didn't continue to stand for it and moved on, he was a toxic person.
  • sassyjae21
    lol just no
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    GRRRRL POWERRRR

Cliffs notes of the thread: Women deserve lavish praise whether fat, fit, or anywhere in between, and reserve the right to completely turn into egocentric twits as soon as some other male throws her attention.

If I loved you when you were fat, loved you when you were losing, loved you when you were fit, and you still prefer the attention of other men to my loyalty, the problem isn't me, it's you.

Meet you in the loony bin...

tumblr_muef04RUA51sko92to1_500.gif
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Ya know what? This is a bad thread to derail.

OP, I am very happy for you that you got rid of a negative influence in your life and have moved on to someone more loving. :smile:
    +1
  • chele1028
    chele1028 Posts: 248 Member
    Good for you OP! I deal with some of those points. It is our 20th anniversary today and I think he forgot. It is like we are more roommates than anything anymore. How great it would be to hear I am beautiful and such. Live and learn. Glad you had the courage though! Best wishes to you!
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Freaken amazing!!!!!! Every one deserves to be with someone who motivates them, cherish them, make them feel wanted and needed. I'm glad you ended up with someone that gives you that. You're awesome!!!!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    I wonder how much support this would be getting if the genders were reversed?? Just saying

I'm not sure if you know this but you just stole someone else's thunder real hard right now.

Well played! :drinker:
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    GRRRRL POWERRRR

Yay, a bitter!

I know, right, too bad he didn't know how to keep her in her place!

Ah, the top quote.

Given that you now think that you overcomplimented her and unreasonably increased her self-esteem, can you tell me how you really loved her when she was fat? I'd like to know more about what exactly she owed you for your loyalty. Just sex or more than that?

I can't imagine how foolish she must have been to let a prize like you get away. Must be that you're a nice guy and women only want *kitten*.

tKbrNDk.gif