Who's in for a competition!? Monetary prize!

Options

Replies

• mam734
    mam734 Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm in.
    I only suggest moving the start up to Nov-something !!

Can my Withings scale logging be used instead of the pic? Tthe scale logs weigh-in's to their website, under my account.
    For example:

http://www.withings.com/en/utils/graph?userid=111347&publickey=dd62313e3b0af3e4&massUnit=lb&forcedisplay=fm
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I don't "know" Courtney, but she's been on here for some time. Haha, this is what - your third name change?

Agreed, Courtney has been on here for over a year...why would anyone challenge her ethics, seriously...just don't be in the competition if you are afraid of being ripped off...why insult someone like that...God, I hate whiners

Thanks guys! :) I can understand the worry, but it's $5! Just thought it'd be a fun way for a competition with an actual prize (other than self gratification of course!)
  • Healthyby30
    Options
    I'm in.
    I only suggest moving the start up to Nov-something !!

Can my Withings scale logging be used instead of the pic? Tthe scale logs weigh-in's to their website, under my account.
    For example:

http://www.withings.com/en/utils/graph?userid=111347&publickey=dd62313e3b0af3e4&massUnit=lb&forcedisplay=fm

I thought about Nov as well, but want people to get time to sign up and get the $5 in!

As far as the weigh ins, the reason I said a picture, is so we know its actual. Sadly, I've been in other competitions on this site where people altered their weigh ins so they wouldn't lose..sad but true!
  • Healthyby30
    Options
    I would like to participate, to what account do I pay at paypal? Thanks! Debbie

Message sent! Ty!
  • Healthyby30
    Options
    Hi, you ok with £'s or just $'s??

Can this be sent with PayPal and converted to $$?
  • ginnyroxx
    ginnyroxx Posts: 763
    Options
    i'm thinking about it.
    i just want to reply so this goes in my topics if i decide to do it.

sounds fun tho :)

eta: i think you need to be strict about the weigh in date. i did something similar on a mommy board i was on. i started the weigh in thread with the date typed.

everyone printed out that first thread and set it near their scale and included it in their pictures to prove they were weighing in on that day.

to account for people overseas, i posted the weigh in thread the night before, before i went to bed.
  • Healthyby30
    Options
    Ok so far we have:

Skinnyby29
    jhandley
    AmberBarrios
    ashbridge
    iamstaceywood
    dageeus
    mam734

Maybes I have:
    CGerman
    nisijam5
    mymelody1978
    shamrock14
    virgierox

I'm going to put a spreadsheet together with all the definite yeses and then adjust it accordingly on the first for everyone who is paid and weighed in.
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    Ok so far we have:

Skinnyby29
    jhandley
    AmberBarrios
    ashbridge
    iamstaceywood
    dageeus
    mam734

Maybes I have:
    CGerman
    nisijam5
    mymelody1978
    shamrock14
    virgierox

I'm going to put a spreadsheet together with all the definite yeses and then adjust it accordingly on the first for everyone who is paid and weighed in.
    i edited my post to include some suggestions.
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    double post :/
  • Healthyby30
    Options
    i'm thinking about it.

eta: i think you need to be strict about the weigh in date. i did something similar on a mommy board i was on. i started the weigh in thread with the date typed.

everyone printed out that first thread and set it near their scale and included it in their pictures to prove they were weighing in on that day.

to account for people overseas, i posted the weigh in thread the night before, before i went to bed.

Those are great ideas! Will definitely be strict about it, as people are paying for it. I like the idea of printing something to prove the date, too!
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Count me in...and I'll need the paypal address! I would love to start November 1st. :)

December seems so far away. :)
  • LuvnAG10
    Options
    Put me down for a maybe! :)
  • Healthyby30
    Options
    So, who would like to start Nov 1st instead of Dec 1st?

What we can do is just make a due date for the money by Nov. 8th or something that way everyone has time to get it in.

Also, I like the idea of printing the thread out each week to prove that was the day it was taken.

November 1st is a Monday so if we do it Nov. 1st then we'd have to weigh in on Mondays, no exceptions!

Let me know what you all think so I can get everything together!
  • 20carrots
    20carrots Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun! I'm a definite maybe! Where would we show our scale photo? Post to MFP? I have no idea how to post pix...:cry:
  • 20carrots
    20carrots Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    What about starting Nov 15th? Or the day before Thanksgiving or something (the start of weight gain here in the US anyway) ? :bigsmile:
  • mam734
    mam734 Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm in. Need a paypal address to pay.

Also for starting Nov 1. December is a long ways off.
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    i'm thinking about it.

Those are great ideas! Will definitely be strict about it, as people are paying for it. I like the idea of printing something to prove the date, too!
    for those that didn't have a printer, they were able to use a newspaper showing the date.
    also, we required that their scales be digital
  • LuvnAG10
    Options
    I like November 1st as a start date!
  • jhandley
    jhandley Posts: 118
    Options
    I'm ok with the november 1st idea too. :-( for the monday weigh in but it's fine still with me
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I like the 15th as well....