Who's in for a competition!? Monetary prize!

Options

Replies

• Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Looks like the pot is getting mighty fat. I'll try it! Weigh in on Wednesday for me would be PST after 9PM my time more than likely. Hope that works.

Well, on the second page the rules were revised due to people wanting to start early, so now the weigh ins are on Mondays, starting Nov. 15
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I will create the thread on Sunday evening every week so that we can all do that. I know I weigh myself first thing, don't want to bother with printing it THAT day.

Awesome I'm so excited and money definitely motivates me! We are going to Mexico in February I've got my eye on the prize! :laugh:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I will create the thread on Sunday evening every week so that we can all do that. I know I weigh myself first thing, don't want to bother with printing it THAT day.

Awesome I'm so excited and money definitely motivates me! We are going to Mexico in February I've got my eye on the prize! :laugh:

Ha, your eye is all your gonna have on the prize...'cause it will be in my hand!!!:devil: :bigsmile: LOL
  • mrsewert
    Options
    Ha, your eye is all your gonna have on the prize...'cause it will be in my hand!!!:devil: :bigsmile: LOL

Bring it on! :laugh:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options

You got it, sister!!!:smokin:
  • nemrenu
    nemrenu Posts: 211
    Options
    Sounds interesting....Thinking about it ?
  • AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    just paid up!!
  • mrsewert
    Options
    just paid up!!

WOOOT! Let's kick some fat butt good-bye! :)
  • Healthyby30
    Options

You got it, sister!!!:smokin:

I am going to be going LONG after February!!!!!
  • mrsewert
    Options
    GIrl I'm hoping to maintain while I'm Mexico...those margaritas might be the devil! :laugh:
  • Healthyby30
    Options
    Just reposting the rules for any newcomers here:

Ok, so after many messages, concerns, etc...the official rules are going to be:

1) Entry Fee of $5. If sending by PayPal, it would be $5.46 (including fees). There will be 3 prizes given in the form of a Visa or Mastercard Gift Card. The amount will be determined after registration date. (If you register, send me a message for mailing address or paypal address)

2) You must register by signing up on this post by Nov. 10 (NO exceptions) and payment must be received by Nov. 13

3) You must weigh in every week on Monday, starting on Nov. 15, 2010 by midnight Pacific Time. For a weigh in to qualify it must be a picture and we must have some way to verify the date. You can print off the thread for that week (which I will start the evening before), a newspaper, you can lay your cell phone on the top of the scale if it displays the date (if the print is large enough to make out)..just something to verify that it was taken THAT day, unfortunately a time stamp from a camera will not work because these can be altered. You MUST send it in every Monday by midnight Pacific Time or you will be disqualified.

4) You MUST send it in every Monday by midnight Pacific Time or you will be disqualified. If you gain any weight, you will be disqualified. You MUST lose or maintain to stay in the running.

5) This competition has no real end date, since it will just go off of who is the last one still losing/maintaining.

- Courtney

P.S Reason I chose Nov. 15th is because lots want to do it early (before Thanksgiving) but I think Nov. 1st is a bit too early to get everyone who wants to join paid and ready to go.
  • Healthyby30
    Options
    Bump
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Question... I get up at 430am to run & weigh before my run... Am I able to use Sunday's paper since Monday's isn't here yet when I get up? If not, I can print the thread, I was just wondering.
  • Healthyby30
    Options
    Updated list on registrars and maybes:

Skinnyby29 - Paid
    Mrsewert - Paid
    Binaryjester - Paid
    virgierox - Paid
    Zephyr36608 - Paid
    just_peachy - Paid
    AmberBarrios - Paid
    jhandley
    ashbridge
    iamstaceywood
    dageeus
    mam734
    Lona728
    nisijam5
    shamrock14

Maybes I have:
    CGerman
    mymelody1978
    20carrots
    missingminnesota
    mafery
    ttaylortulsa

Only 2 days left to Register!
  • mrsewert
    Options
    Come on everyone we can do this...I love a good challenge! :)
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    That you are going to lose to me? :tongue:
  • mrsewert
    Options
    That you are going to lose to me? :tongue:

I'm gonna put up a good fight! :drinker:
  • mrsewert
    Options
    So we start on Monday, November 15th....

Is anyone else concerned about Monday weigh ins? We could all get our starting weight on Friday and then weigh the following Friday for our first "offical" weigh in?

I just hate Monday for so many reasons. :laugh: :laugh:

I will to pay the coordinator to change the date. :devil:
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Mondays already. I think its a good incentive to keep us honest and good through the weekend. If you know you have to weigh in first thing, you are more likely to second guess that extra helping, or those greasy chips. You are less likely to give yourself a pass for the weekend and then have a few days to recover.
  • mrsewert
    Options
    My thing is I'm on the road all weekend and while I eat healthy I don't get my last chance workout in! :laugh: