Who's in for a competition!? Monetary prize!

Options

Replies

• nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options

for those that didn't have a printer, they were able to use a newspaper showing the date.
    also, we required that their scales be digital

I don't get the paper. I also don't have a digital scale, nor will I be getting one. I suppose I could hop on the wii and use that scale. That might even show the date.

The only problem I have is that I weigh in the mornings. I don't get on the computer until later, and would probably have to print from work. Even if I used a paper, it would have to be Sunday - I guess that would make sure I get my Sunday paper.

I'm game for a Nov start - the 1st is good with me.

ETA - not sure why I questioned the posting of pics each week - duh, that's what the paper/printing is for.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I might be in. The only thing with the picture I don't weigh in on a digital scale and don't really want to take a picture of my weight at the gym. Just seems odd to be taking a picture of my weight on the scale in the middle of the weight room.
  • Lona728
    Lona728 Posts: 105
    Options
    I just joined this site and would love to join in on this competition. I am currently doing Lose to Win at my local hospital and the prospect on winning money has been a huge motivator for me! I have payed for things with Paypal, but have never paid a person. I would need someone to explain to me how to do that. I am fine with any date people want to start. I personally would like to weigh in on a Wednesday since I too, like a little room after the weekend to get back on track. I am kind of scared to do this before Thanksgiving, but what better motivation than cash to make sure I am good on THanksgiving?!
    ~Lona
  • ginnyroxx
    ginnyroxx Posts: 763
    Options
    re: newspapers and digital scales
    I was just saying what I did on another board in a similar competition. I'm not even in this 100% yet.
    i'm not making the rules, just giving suggestions.

sorry :flowerforyou:
  • mafery
    mafery Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Thinking about it...hmmm...
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    re: newspapers and digital scales
    I was just saying what I did on another board in a similar competition. I'm not even in this 100% yet.
    i'm not making the rules, just giving suggestions.

sorry :flowerforyou:

Its ok, just giving my reason why that wouldn't work. However, it could be made to work...
    I think that you do need accountability somehow and that would be a good way - for the paper thing.

Courtney, what do you think?

To make that work for me, I could use my Sunday paper showing in a Monday weigh in. If I could get my printer to work it would be even better, but I'm not sure the problem. Anyone have a problem with that or have a reason it wouldn't work?
  • ttaylortulsa
    ttaylortulsa Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm interested.
  • Lona728
    Lona728 Posts: 105
    Options
    My printer isn't working right now either. I could do the paper thing though. I would be weighing in most likely on my Wii fit board unless that is a problem. I also have a digital scale, but so I could use that. I do like making sure everyone is being truthful with the picture of the weight with something proving the date.
  • AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    hmmm I don't have a printer either or get a newspaper, perhaps we can just take a photo with a cell phone and say send it to a designated email account???
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    So, who would like to start Nov 1st instead of Dec 1st?

What we can do is just make a due date for the money by Nov. 8th or something that way everyone has time to get it in.

Also, I like the idea of printing the thread out each week to prove that was the day it was taken.

November 1st is a Monday so if we do it Nov. 1st then we'd have to weigh in on Mondays, no exceptions!

Let me know what you all think so I can get everything together!

That's my weigh in anyway, count me in!!
  • AmberBarrios
    Options
    I think we should start on December 1st. Why you ask. . . .simple more time for more people to join thus making the monetary prize larger. :drinker: Good Idea yes???
  • 20carrots
    20carrots Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    S'more 2 cents...let's try to make this as "green" as possible aka not having to print, use up paper. WOuld a date stamp on the photo work? Or puting my laptop next to the scale?!
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Ok, so after many messages, concerns, etc...the official rules are going to be:

1) Entry Fee of $5. If sending by PayPal, it would be $5.46 (including fees). There will be 3 prizes given in the form of a Visa or Mastercard Gift Card. The amount will be determined after registration date. (If you register, send me a message for mailing address or paypal address)

2) You must register by signing up on this post by Nov. 10 (NO exceptions) and payment must be received by Nov. 13

3) You must weigh in every week on Monday, starting on Nov. 15, 2010 by midnight Pacific Time. For a weigh in to qualify it must be a picture and we must have some way to verify the date. You can print off the thread for that week (which I will start the evening before), a newspaper, you can lay your cell phone on the top of the scale if it displays the date (if the print is large enough to make out)..just something to verify that it was taken THAT day, unfortunately a time stamp from a camera will not work because these can be altered. You MUST send it in every Monday by midnight Pacific Time or you will be disqualified.

4) You MUST send it in every Monday by midnight Pacific Time or you will be disqualified. If you gain any weight, you will be disqualified. You MUST lose or maintain to stay in the running.

5) This competition has no real end date, since it will just go off of who is the last one still losing/maintaining.

- Courtney

P.S Reason I chose Nov. 15th is because lots want to do it early (before Thanksgiving) but I think Nov. 1st is a bit too early to get everyone who wants to join paid and ready to go.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Updated list on registrars and maybes:

Skinnyby29
    Mrsewert
    jhandley
    AmberBarrios
    ashbridge
    iamstaceywood
    dageeus
    mam734
    Lona728
    just_peachy

Maybes I have:
    CGerman
    nisijam5
    mymelody1978
    shamrock14
    virgierox
    LuvnAG10
    20carrots
    missingminnesota
    mafery
    ttaylortulsa
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    You can move me to the "for sure" category.

Question...are we emailing pics or posting them to the thread? If posting - a tutorial might be helpful. I know posting pics here has its quirks. I *think* that you use the "IMG" link but change the caps "IMG" to lowercase "img"...is that correct? I've not done it before...
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    You can move me to the "for sure" category.

Question...are we emailing pics or posting them to the thread? If posting - a tutorial might be helpful. I know posting pics here has its quirks. I *think* that you use the "IMG" link but change the caps "IMG" to lowercase "img"...is that correct? I've not done it before...

Ditto...
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I am in!
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I just paid you :)

YAY!
  • AmberBarrios