2 Calorie Cookies

Options
nyiballs
nyiballs Posts: 147
Dead serious... Meringue is so good for a treat, but you have to be extremely diligent to get this right.

Take out four eggs and let them sit for an hour or so to get them to room temp... You can even sit them in warm water, but not too hot.

Separate the whites into a clean DRY preferably metal bowl. If any yolk gets in there. Start Over!

Using a handheld electric mixer, start beating the eggs for a minute or two until they get foamy, but not too firm. Add one to two teaspoons of cream of tartar, or some salt.

Beat the eggs on high until they are stiff, then beat some more.

Here is a tricky part... 4 eggs will require 1/2 cup of Splenda, or Stevia equivalent. Spoon in one tbsp at a time while continuing to beat at high speed. DO NOT ADD THE SUGAR SUBSTITUTE ANY FASTER!

While continuing to beat at high speed add some vanilla extract, and if you are feeling saucy an additional extract. Almond or Lemon work very well. Beat for a little more (it's almost impossible to overbeat)

Have your oven preheated to 225, no higher. Spoon the mix onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, this will make it less sticky. Each cookie should be a little smaller than a Ping pong ball.

Put into the oven for 30 minutes. Turn the oven off after 30 minutes, but leave the tray in there for at least another 90 minutes.

Take me out and store them in a covered container... If they last that long.

They will be sweet and crispy and literally melt In Your mouth

Replies

• fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    Electric mixers? hot ovens? 1/2 cup splenda?

It's like you're TRYING to kill us.
  • ladyargentum
    ladyargentum Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Eggs just got put on bench :)

Thanks!!
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    That is a lot of jacking around. Can't I just buy these somewhere?
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Just eat a whole box of cookies and go on a 10k run

whichever comes first
  • ruthejp13
    ruthejp13 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Oh, you must add some dark chocolate chips. A few more calories but worth it for the nutrition and satisfaction.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    I'd rather just eat a sleeve of oreo's.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    How bout I just spray vanilla scented febreze in the air and then inhale it. Less cals & work...
  • ehensarling17
    ehensarling17 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    How bout I just spray vanilla scented febreze in the air and then inhale it. Less cals & work...

:laugh:
  • DragonfliesOnWings
    DragonfliesOnWings Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I guess people don't cook anymore. Sounds good to me. I think I'll try lemon flavor. I love lemon merengue pie. :happy:
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    Options

Too funny :)
  • nyiballs
    nyiballs Posts: 147
    Options
    I guess people don't cook anymore. Sounds good to me. I think I'll try lemon flavor. I love lemon merengue pie. :happy:

I've taken low cal lemon pudding and put it in a cupcake foil and tin, and put the meringue on top, baked at 400 for 4 mins, and then threw in the fridge for no crust, low cal lemon meringue "pie" as well.
  • aqualeo1
    aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I've made these and they're good but when I put them in a container they go soft! No idea why.
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I'd rather just eat a sleeve of oreo's.

As long as you dont throw the other half away...
  • ThinkInOregon
    ThinkInOregon Posts: 283
    Options
    Will put Splenda/Stevia on the shopping list... gonna split the batch and try half of them with lemon and half with almond! Been thinking I wanted some lemon cookies, these may fit the bill!
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    So going to try this, but I'd rather use real sugar. I think a half cup has under 400 calories so even if you ate the whole batch, it wouldn't do too much harm. I LOVE meringue cookies! Will try it with lemon. :)
  • ThinkInOregon
    ThinkInOregon Posts: 283
    Options
    That is a lot of jacking around. Can't I just buy these somewhere?

My local grocer sells merengue cookies in the bakery dept, but I guarantee they are made with sugar and not splenda or stevia.

Matter of fact, if these turn out good for me, I will cook some and take them to my diabetic brother when I go visit him on July 9th!
  • jessieann9393
    Options
    Quite a bit of people in this thread seem to be very judgemental and negative. Everyone has different ideas and I think this one's great. It's not like he's shoving the cookies down your throat, he's just putting a recipe out there. Chill out. If you don't wanna eat them THEN DON'T. I will definitely be trying the lemon ones!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Quite a bit of people in this thread seem to be very judgemental and negative. Everyone has different ideas and I think this one's great. It's not like he's shoving the cookies down your throat, he's just putting a recipe out there. Chill out. If you don't wanna eat them THEN DON'T. I will definitely be trying the lemon ones!

And if you're gonna inhale febreze instead........ please do. the whole can. wash it down with some bleach while you're at it for being so rude.

Your post was very positive... until you basically told people to go kill themselves for joking about a cookie. Irony?
  • dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    Options

And if you're gonna inhale febreze instead........ please do. the whole can. wash it down with some bleach while you're at it for being so rude.

Your post was very positive... until you basically told people to go kill themselves for joking about a cookie. Irony?

Seriously, also for God's sake Jessie Ann grab a sense of humor.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options

Strong first post!

I predict you'll get to three like this!