2 Calorie Cookies

Options

Replies

• jessieann9393
    Options
    Quite a bit of people in this thread seem to be very judgemental and negative. Everyone has different ideas and I think this one's great. It's not like he's shoving the cookies down your throat, he's just putting a recipe out there. Chill out. If you don't wanna eat them THEN DON'T. I will definitely be trying the lemon ones!

And if you're gonna inhale febreze instead........ please do. the whole can. wash it down with some bleach while you're at it for being so rude.

Your post was very positive... until you basically told people to go kill themselves for joking about a cookie. Irony?
    which was also a joke, i dont actually want him to drink bleach. thought thatd be obvious.
  • jessieann9393
    Options
    Quite a bit of people in this thread seem to be very judgemental and negative. Everyone has different ideas and I think this one's great. It's not like he's shoving the cookies down your throat, he's just putting a recipe out there. Chill out. If you don't wanna eat them THEN DON'T. I will definitely be trying the lemon ones!

And if you're gonna inhale febreze instead........ please do. the whole can. wash it down with some bleach while you're at it for being so rude.

Your post was very positive... until you basically told people to go kill themselves for joking about a cookie. Irony?

Seriously, also for God's sake Jessie Ann grab a sense of humor.
    I do have one, which is why I posted a JOKE about the bleach jesus. i dont really want the kid to drink bleach, its called sarcasm because he was talking about drinking chemicals.
  • jessieann9393
    Options
    For everyone having a heart attack because i was being sarcastic and telling me to have a sense of humor when i was kidding, i was JUST KIDDING. how are you gonna tell me to take a joke when some of you cant? its really not that serious. lol
  • jessieann9393
    Options

Strong first post!

I predict you'll get to three like this!
    what does it matter if its my first post or 3000th. and youre prediction was wrong.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

which was also a joke, i dont actually want him to drink bleach. thought thatd be obvious.

Yeah... no. Anyone with a sense of humour black enough to 'joke' about telling people to go drink bleach would have got the Febreeze joke rather than blow up about it. 'It was just a joke'- the backtrack of Champions.
  • mom24uk
    mom24uk Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe ;) I'll be making these soon.
  • Caggle123
    Caggle123 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    :smile:
    Dead serious... Meringue is so good for a treat, but you have to be extremely diligent to get this right.

Take out four eggs and let them sit for an hour or so to get them to room temp... You can even sit them in warm water, but not too hot.

Separate the whites into a clean DRY preferably metal bowl. If any yolk gets in there. Start Over!

Using a handheld electric mixer, start beating the eggs for a minute or two until they get foamy, but not too firm. Add one to two teaspoons of cream of tartar, or some salt.

Beat the eggs on high until they are stiff, then beat some more.

Here is a tricky part... 4 eggs will require 1/2 cup of Splenda, or Stevia equivalent. Spoon in one tbsp at a time while continuing to beat at high speed. DO NOT ADD THE SUGAR SUBSTITUTE ANY FASTER!

While continuing to beat at high speed add some vanilla extract, and if you are feeling saucy an additional extract. Almond or Lemon work very well. Beat for a little more (it's almost impossible to overbeat)

Have your oven preheated to 225, no higher. Spoon the mix onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, this will make it less sticky. Each cookie should be a little smaller than a Ping pong ball.

Put into the oven for 30 minutes. Turn the oven off after 30 minutes, but leave the tray in there for at least another 90 minutes.

Take me out and store them in a covered container... If they last that long.

They will be sweet and crispy and literally melt In Your mouth
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

It's just a joke--for crips sake. Lighten up! People like to joke around on here and don't mean any harm. :flowerforyou:
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    For those that find making meringue a little intimidating try these.

One tub of cool whip and 3 tbsp of peanut butter/nutella/biscoff spread. Mix gently. Line a cupcake pan with liners fill and freeze.

Not sure of exact calorie count because I haven't entered the recipe on here and it will depend on the ingredients you use but they will be very low calorie. You can even drizzle a little chocolate syrup on them if you want to be fancy. They are delicious.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Not a meringue person myself, but will try next time the in laws want to try being healthy.

That may not happen for a long while, but all the same.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    For those that find making meringue a little intimidating try these.

One tub of cool whip and 3 tbsp of peanut butter/nutella/biscoff spread. Mix gently. Line a cupcake pan with liners fill and freeze.

Not sure of exact calorie count because I haven't entered the recipe on here and it will depend on the ingredients you use but they will be very low calorie. You can even drizzle a little chocolate syrup on them if you want to be fancy. They are delicious.

THIS sounds more my speed. Cool whip and peanut butter??? yum!!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options

Yeah... no. Anyone with a sense of humour black enough to 'joke' about telling people to go drink bleach would have got the Febreeze joke rather than blow up about it. 'It was just a joke'- the backtrack of Champions.
    Dianna_this.gif
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    For everyone having a heart attack because i was being sarcastic and telling me to have a sense of humor when i was kidding, i was JUST KIDDING. how are you gonna tell me to take a joke when some of you cant? its really not that serious. lol

irtUm5zgFQIVQ.gif
  • nyiballs
    nyiballs Posts: 147
    Options
    For those that find the "true" meringue a little too cumbersome, here's an alternative.

Take a few egg whites (or egg white mix from a carton you lazy, lazy, people)... put them in a bowl and mix in artificial sweetener of choice (has to be a powder type variety) until you have something the consistency of like play-dough, or silly putty, or a semi-goopy clay.

Roll them into balls the size of a small grape, and put them on some wax paper (space em out!), or maybe one per cupcake holder.

Microwave on high for about 30 seconds and watch the magic!

Eat.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    You use the word Cookie! I'm not sure you know what it means? Cookie and meringue those words are not interchangeable otherwise Pavlovas would be rather strange.
  • nyiballs
    nyiballs Posts: 147
    Options
    You use the word Cookie! I'm not sure you know what it means? Cookie and meringue those words are not interchangeable otherwise Pavlovas would be rather strange.

Does it make you feel better about yourself pointing out minutia that less than 1% of the people really care about? If I was talking about a great California Champagne, would you feel the need to remind me that Champagne, by definition has to be from the Champagne region of France, otherwise it's sparkling white wine?

This is a social forum for people trying to lose weight, not a high end culinary discussion forum... hence people who like cookies and want something cookie-like but at a lower calorie count will be drawn into a discussion much more easily if the word, "cookie" is in the title.

Get over yourself... either be helpful, useful, and constructive and make a meaningful contribution designed to help others achieve their goals, or go crawl back into your cookbook.
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    ...for later
  • sseqwnp
    sseqwnp Posts: 327 Member
    Options

Does it make you feel better about yourself pointing out minutia that less than 1% of the people really care about? If I was talking about a great California Champagne, would you feel the need to remind me that Champagne, by definition has to be from the Champagne region of France, otherwise it's sparkling white wine?

This is a social forum for people trying to lose weight, not a high end culinary discussion forum... hence people who like cookies and want something cookie-like but at a lower calorie count will be drawn into a discussion much more easily if the word, "cookie" is in the title.

Get over yourself... either be helpful, useful, and constructive and make a meaningful contribution designed to help others achieve their goals, or go crawl back into your cookbook.

Please tell me you're just doing schtick ....