2 Calorie Cookies

Options

Replies

• Amy3935
    Amy3935 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Meringues will go soft if they absorb any moisture from the air, so they have to be totally sealed off - I recommend an airtight container, plus a layer of plastic wrap over the top before you put the cover on.
    I've made these and they're good but when I put them in a container they go soft! No idea why.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Quite a bit of people in this thread seem to be very judgemental and negative. Everyone has different ideas and I think this one's great. It's not like he's shoving the cookies down your throat, he's just putting a recipe out there. Chill out. If you don't wanna eat them THEN DON'T. I will definitely be trying the lemon ones!

And if you're gonna inhale febreze instead........ please do. the whole can. wash it down with some bleach while you're at it for being so rude.

someone needs a cookie...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Meringues are amazing. Just a PITA to make, lol.
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Never thought to use lemon extract in the actual meringue - awesome!
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Meringues will go soft if they absorb any moisture from the air, so they have to be totally sealed off - I recommend an airtight container, plus a layer of plastic wrap over the top before you put the cover on.
    I've made these and they're good but when I put them in a container they go soft! No idea why.
    Or we could just eat them all in one sitting...That would be my plan anyway. :bigsmile:
  • StunningLegerity
    StunningLegerity Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Mmm these sound great!
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Quite a bit of people in this thread seem to be very judgemental and negative. Everyone has different ideas and I think this one's great. It's not like he's shoving the cookies down your throat, he's just putting a recipe out there. Chill out. If you don't wanna eat them THEN DON'T. I will definitely be trying the lemon ones!

And if you're gonna inhale febreze instead........ please do. the whole can. wash it down with some bleach while you're at it for being so rude.

For complaining about people being so judgmental, you sure are being very judgmental and rude yourself. You literally just told people who made a joke about a cookie to kill themselves. Overachiever much?

P.S. - Ironic post is ironic.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

Post telling people to chill out, not be judgemental, negative, or rude is not chill, and very judgemental, negative, and rude.
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I will try the recipe!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    That is a lot of jacking around. Can't I just buy these somewhere?

Trader Joe's has meringue cookies. They're made with sugar so they're not as low cal, but I hate artificial sweeteners anyway.
  • halfpintpeggy
    halfpintpeggy Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Oh....I am sooo going to make these TODAY!! Taking the eggs out of the fridge right now. I'm also going to steal your mini lemon meringue pie idea. ( genius!) What else do you have up your sleeve???
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Bump so I can find again when I get home. :)
  • cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Options
    1/2 cup splenda?
    What's wrong with splenda? Lmfao.
  • IAmJustina
    IAmJustina Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    How bout I just spray vanilla scented febreze in the air and then inhale it. Less cals & work...

LMAO! That's hilarious!
  • potatogirl741
    potatogirl741 Posts: 64 Member
    Options

someone needs a cookie...

This. Don't be so hangry...
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    In for the cookies
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    My heart wants to make merringues, but my brain tells me not to.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I love meringues! So light and they really do melt in your mouth. Once you get the technique down they are pretty easy to do, even easier if you have a stand mixer!
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I've tried to make meringues. Several times. They always came out smelling wonderful, but taste like dog poop. No, really. If I had to guess what dog poop tastes like, it would be my meringue cookies.

I'll have to stick to store bought.
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Mmmm I LOVE meringue, but it's definitely a PITA to get it right.