2 Calorie Cookies

Options

Replies

• Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    How bout I just spray vanilla scented febreze in the air and then inhale it. Less cals & work...

+1 :drinker:
  • blacklatindivaaz
    blacklatindivaaz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well that is one reason why you have a 66 lb loss! Great idea, I will definately try this! Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • 120by30
    120by30 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Can I just use egg whites substitute in a carton to measure the grams? I suck at separating eggs.

Crack your eggs in a bowl, then grab a clean water bottle. Turn it upside down, squeeze it, stick the opening over a yolk, then let go. It sucks the yolk inside the bottle and any egg white that gets sucked up falls right back out. It's awesome!

Oh, and the yolk stays completely intact!
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Can I just use egg whites substitute in a carton to measure the grams? I suck at separating eggs.

Crack your eggs in a bowl, then grab a clean water bottle. Turn it upside down, squeeze it, stick the opening over a yolk, then let go. It sucks the yolk inside the bottle and any egg white that gets sucked up falls right back out. It's awesome!

Omg! Why am I just now hearing about this? Great idea, thanks :)
  • auntiemsgr8
    auntiemsgr8 Posts: 483 Member
    Options

Take me out and store them in a covered container... If they last that long.

I would but I don't live in Maryland anymore.

Oh, and I love the last idea about sucking up the egg yolks. Will have to try that sometime.
  • 120by30
    120by30 Posts: 217 Member
    Options

Omg! Why am I just now hearing about this? Great idea, thanks :)

No problem! I saw it in a video someone posted on facebook. I couldn't keep such great information to myself. That would just be wrong.
  • XTSH
    XTSH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    It's already a workout making these cookies.
  • hamo1987
    hamo1987 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Bump, so trying these, thank u. :-)
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Do you have something for those of us who gag when ingesting artificial sweeteners?

No? I'll stick with my real cookies then.
  • beleeLafter
    beleeLafter Posts: 47
    Options
    These sound fantastic!!!!!! I've always just bought them before..... I love making stuff and I love me some meringue business :)
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    So, if you use real sugar, but don't use the electric mixer and instead whip the whites by hand, won't they kind of cancel each other out?
  • nyiballs
    nyiballs Posts: 147
    Options
    If you are going to use real sugar, I highly recommend powdered sugar for meringue. The texture is amazing. My focus with the recipe was to show a neat treat at super low calories though. I'm all about things I can snack on without blowing up my numbers for the day.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    If you are going to use real sugar, I highly recommend powdered sugar for meringue. The texture is amazing. My focus with the recipe was to show a neat treat at super low calories though. I'm all about things I can snack on without blowing up my numbers for the day.

Oh, I'll probably try it, thanks! I've been hooked on my low-cal cool whip pudding lately, so I'll wait til I'm tired of that.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I just tried these tonight! I used coconut extract for flavoring, they were the closest thing I can get to macaroons right now! I put the oven on low broil for a few seconds to get the tops extra brown and crispy. They were delicious! I ate ten of them, guilt free. I call that a win!
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    So, basically sweetened protein in a handy bite-sized form. With actual sugar, about 120 calories in a batch containing 15 grams of protein. Ok, I mean... True, they're not cookies... But I don't see any reason they couldn't be breakfast.

Thanks for the thought, OP. :drinker:
  • wruper
    wruper Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me. Think i will try it out.
  • JBfoodforlife
    JBfoodforlife Posts: 1,371 Member
    Options
    I make them at christmas time... I add a touch of green food coloring and mint, then pipe them out into little xmas trees... tasty for sure!
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I guess people don't cook anymore. Sounds good to me. I think I'll try lemon flavor. I love lemon merengue pie. :happy:

This is what I was thinking, might have to check what the cals would be with real sugar but worth a try your way. Thanks OP for the post.

Everyone else (from the first few pages), I am completely good with picking on a post...but picking on a man that bakes and posted a recipe especially cookies :noway:
  • jessieann9393
    Options
    Quite a bit of people in this thread seem to be very judgemental and negative. Everyone has different ideas and I think this one's great. It's not like he's shoving the cookies down your throat, he's just putting a recipe out there. Chill out. If you don't wanna eat them THEN DON'T. I will definitely be trying the lemon ones!

And if you're gonna inhale febreze instead........ please do. the whole can. wash it down with some bleach while you're at it for being so rude.

For complaining about people being so judgmental, you sure are being very judgmental and rude yourself. You literally just told people who made a joke about a cookie to kill themselves. Overachiever much?

P.S. - Ironic post is ironic.
    How did I judge anyone in that statement? and I don't see it being rude to get aggravated at people who are literally telling the poor guy who posted this that his recipe is basically crap. and if he can make a sarcastic joke then why cant i? and no, i dont see making a random post as being an overachiever in any way, shape or form. how would you feel if you posted something and everyone attacked you for no reason? at least when i said something it was because people were being negative to someone innocent and not bc someone shared something with everyone.
  • jessieann9393
    Options
    Quite a bit of people in this thread seem to be very judgemental and negative. Everyone has different ideas and I think this one's great. It's not like he's shoving the cookies down your throat, he's just putting a recipe out there. Chill out. If you don't wanna eat them THEN DON'T. I will definitely be trying the lemon ones!

And if you're gonna inhale febreze instead........ please do. the whole can. wash it down with some bleach while you're at it for being so rude.

Post telling people to chill out, not be judgemental, negative, or rude is not chill, and very judgemental, negative, and rude.
    I don't see how sticking up for someone who didn't do anything is rude or judgemental.