The Skinny Rules

Options
123457»

Replies

• perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    I sometimes feel the only reason this attempt at losing weight has been successful for me when all others have failed is because of my increased water intake. A LOT of the time when I feel hungry I'm actually just super thirsty, and most of the time I don't feel "thirst" per say, so letting that guide me ends with me drinking very little water. I also just feel more energized and retain less sodium when I drink more water (or so it seems, I'm not a scientist). I don't drink a gallon, though, but I do usually have about 100 oz give or take. I've noticed a lot of people seem to think this is too much water and are worried about my intake, but I sweat way more now and I need to replenish!
    That is not the only reason, our bodies use water for cellular processes, like burning and transport of fat. When you are dieting drinking enough water is very important.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    If I drank a large glass of water before every meal my digestion would be horrible.
    Why? Water helps digestion so I am just trying to understand what you mean. The water before the meal helps you not to overeat, I think that is the point although I never read the book. I drink at least a gallon of water a day.
    1. Hunger and thirst are separate processes, so I'm not sure how quenching thirst would regulate hunger.
    2. Is there a particular reason you feel the need to drink a gallon of water a day, and do you count other beverages within that total?
    If you drink a glass of water before your meal, it helps you to feel fuller with less food, that has been a diet thing for as long as I can remember. There is nothing wrong with drinking a gallon of water a day, what is your point?
    Seeking scientific evidence, rather than anecdotal, is primarily my point. I didn't say there was anything WRONG with drinking a gallon of water; I asked whether you were including other liquids, and whether you felt it was NEEDED.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    bump