10 Mistakes Women Make in the Gym

Options
12345679»

Replies

• beamie2687
    beamie2687 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I was actually just lamenting about this the other day.

I did a couch-to-5k run and some moderate weights and burned 690 calories. I was sweaty, but not overly so, and definitely not sore the next day.

The next workout, I did a short (10 minute) warm up on the elliptical and lifted pretty heavy. I burned only 290 calories, but I was DRENCHED in sweat and physically exhausted. I was definitely sore the next day.

It's hard to get past the calorie thing, but I can definitely tell physically which workout was harder!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

**** gotta go- BF is here.

LOL just to clarify- this was not a bad thing...

he was supposed to be on his way home- he surprised me with flowers and is staying one extra night. :love:

love that guy

:)
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I need my husband to read this article!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I was actually just lamenting about this the other day.

I did a couch-to-5k run and some moderate weights and burned 690 calories. I was sweaty, but not overly so, and definitely not sore the next day.

The next workout, I did a short (10 minute) warm up on the elliptical and lifted pretty heavy. I burned only 290 calories, but I was DRENCHED in sweat and physically exhausted. I was definitely sore the next day.

It's hard to get past the calorie thing, but I can definitely tell physically which workout was harder!

Activity is good. I'd worry less about calories and more about finding something that's going to keep you engaged for a lifetime.
  • Dalton1720
    Dalton1720 Posts: 104
    Options
    I only skimmed through the article so please correct me if Im wrong, but it stated that heavy lifting won't give you a smaller waist and to not use any weight when working your abs or enough to do 15-20 reps at a time. I find this to be false. I have seen many pictures of women who do strong lifts and have much smaller waists than their before pictures.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Did we mention that the gym is not the kitchen?