Help! He's withering away!

Options
1235»

Replies

• UFITYETXX
    UFITYETXX Posts: 38
    Options
    Yup I dont love my husband at all. Sorry I said YUCK really people????? IM a terrible wife for being concerned about my husbands overly skinny body and his utter disregard for his health or his looks. I work on myself on a daily basis to reach a certain health and fitness goal and he sits around and eats an entire bag of hostess mini donuts and a monster. Im a little grossed out by it. I cook for him alllll the tme but he works 4am to 2 pm. Im at work till 7. He works at a grocery store! I think he would feel the same way about me if I were overly skinny. Whatever...anyway thanks for the solid advice and I will get him a good divorce lawyer.....
  • jjplato
    jjplato Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Yup I dont love my husband at all. Sorry I said YUCK really people????? IM a terrible wife for being concerned about my husbands overly skinny body and his utter disregard for his health or his looks. I work on myself on a daily basis to reach a certain health and fitness goal and he sits around and eats an entire bag of hostess mini donuts and a monster. Im a little grossed out by it. I cook for him alllll the tme but he works 4am to 2 pm. Im at work till 7. He works at a grocery store! I think he would feel the same way about me if I were overly skinny. Whatever...anyway thanks for the solid advice and I will get him a good divorce lawyer.....

I'm with you. Some people on MFP will jump on you for anything -- a couple of days ago somebody said they threw their junk food out and a couple of people went to pieces over the fact that it wasn't donated to a food bank. I've read some of the responses here, and I'm sure they're all well-intentioned, but seriously -- mix ice cream into everything he eats? Reward him for eating more? This *is* a fully-grown adult male we're talking about, and not a seven year old, or a puppy, right? You can't put him in a high chair and feed him with a spoon. If somebody willfully neglects their health and they wind up looking bony and unattractive, that's their issue not yours -- no different than if he stopped brushing his teeth or bathing.
  • HaelaBaer
    HaelaBaer Posts: 44
    Options
    If he's on board with healthy food, then he should be on board with helping himself too. Here's what I do: go to bed earlier so I can get up earlier and make breakfast. Boil an egg for lunch every day and drink a protein shake or the like pre workout. On the weekends cook lots of chicken and bag it for a healthy snack ( this I do for my weight lifting son and hubby, but I add it to my own salads for quick protein dinners).
    Ultimately it's his choice. Pb and j is fine, but I'd stop buying ice cream if he eats so much. IMHO

What the absolute heck are you talking about...

Stop buying the food he eats when he is "withering way" and sub with lean protein...

I can't even right now --

'Here's what I do' .....your results may vary.

My personal doctor didn't recommend a pint of ice cream every night to help my kid gain weight for the military. And my kid wasn't diabetic or pre. I said -I- have chicken breasts pre cooked for snacks.....

But whatever; the poor poster has deleted her account. Perhaps they realized that arguing on an Internet forum is a waste. Or perhaps they took their husband to a doctor, which is the bestest advice.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    If he's on board with healthy food, then he should be on board with helping himself too. Here's what I do: go to bed earlier so I can get up earlier and make breakfast. Boil an egg for lunch every day and drink a protein shake or the like pre workout. On the weekends cook lots of chicken and bag it for a healthy snack ( this I do for my weight lifting son and hubby, but I add it to my own salads for quick protein dinners).
    Ultimately it's his choice. Pb and j is fine, but I'd stop buying ice cream if he eats so much. IMHO

Stop buying the food he eats when he is "withering way" and sub with lean protein...

My personal doctor didn't recommend a pint of ice cream every night to help my kid gain weight for the military. And my kid wasn't diabetic or pre. I said -I- have chicken breasts pre cooked for snacks.....

But whatever; the poor poster has deleted her account. Perhaps they realized that arguing on an Internet forum is a waste. Or perhaps they took their husband to a doctor, which is the bestest advice.

Why is jelly ok, but ice cream isn't? You have a very obvious agenda that some food is good, while others is bad and that's bull.

If OP, who can't seem to stop losing weight, eating ice cream while he waits to get to the doctor for actual medical advice, that's better than trying to force feed him food he doesn't want to eat and him losing more weight and trying to control him like a child.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options

This response makes zero sense.

She's trying to get the guy to eat, not loathe food.

Watch out for that evil ice cream!
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options

Why is jelly ok, but ice cream isn't? You have a very obvious agenda that some food is good, while others is bad and that's bull.

If OP, who can't seem to stop losing weight, eating ice cream while he waits to get to the doctor for actual medical advice, that's better than trying to force feed him food he doesn't want to eat and him losing more weight and trying to control him like a child.

Yeah, so, I'm just throwin' this out there:

If you make a PB&J sandwich with 2 slices of wheat bread, a serving of natural peanut butter, and a serving of grape jelly, your sandwich has about 45g of carbs and 20g of sugar. That's if you actually weigh out a serving of peanut butter and jelly.

If you have a single serving of Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia, your ice cream has 28g of carbs and 23g of sugar.

If being diabetic or pre-diabetic is the concern here, I still say ice cream is the better choice.
  • RabbitLost
    RabbitLost Posts: 333 Member
    Options

If you make a PB&J sandwich with 2 slices of wheat bread, a serving of natural peanut butter, and a serving of grape jelly, your sandwich has about 45g of carbs and 20g of sugar. That's if you actually weigh out a serving of peanut butter and jelly.

If you have a single serving of Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia, your ice cream has 28g of carbs and 23g of sugar.

If being diabetic or pre-diabetic is the concern here, I still say ice cream is the better choice.

This is no place for math or logic. :smokin:
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options

This is no place for math or logic. :smokin:

Oops! My bad. :smile:
  • fitsporation96
    Options
    Hello,

I am so sorry to hear about your husband. I would suggest cooking his food in olive oil (essential fats) maybe up the protein with full fat greek yoghurt (there isn't much sugar in this), chicken legs (more fat than the breast), just make sure it is full fat, dark chocolate is also good (75% to 85% has less sugar) also make sure he eats balanced carbs. I would suggest a Mediterranean Diet for him as it has a good amount of fat.

Wishing you and your husband well.
  • princessmommy122
    princessmommy122 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    This happened to a friend of mine. He is actually a big eater. But he just got really thin. The doctors were concerned but it turned out to be purely genetic. His father also became a string bean once he hit middle age. If he's per diabetic He should see a dietician ASAP.
  • cadaver0usb0nes
    cadaver0usb0nes Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I think he should visit a health care professional like a DOCTOR. Also maybe have him track his calories for a week and see how many calories he is actually eating. Maybe he is under eating and doesn't know it, or he could have a medical health problem going on.
  • MichaelRobinson1994
    MichaelRobinson1994 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Nuts....100g of Walnuts (snack sized portion to me) is 680 something calories...he could have 1 or 2 servings of them a day and he'd be adding over 1000 calories to his diet right there, along with hefty fat and protein levels.
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. You said he eats two PB&J sandwiches and a pint of ice cream every day... and nothing else? That's not unexplained weight loss -- that's a grown man eating less than 1200 calories a day. He doesn't need to be stuffed with high calorie foods. He just needs to start eating breakfast and lunch every day.
  • GeordieGirl80s
    GeordieGirl80s Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest that he seek a divorce. Going on the Internet and describing one's spouse with the word "yuck" isn't cool

This is funny but also sound advice. Poor bloke
  • MarliQQ
    MarliQQ Posts: 112 Member
    Options

:laugh: Nope--pretty sure it was the stupidity exhibited on this thread that caused the OP to delete her account...
    She should have done what I do in the forums--believe that all stupid comments are sarcasm :noway: