Options

Replies

• Sheepdoglady
    Options
    Can totally relate to that JSecret :-)
  • Wiitabax
    Wiitabax Posts: 284
    Options
    My twin niece and nephew use to (they passed away in a drowning accident July 09) call me Gigi because they couldnt say Gina.... now their little sister is calling me by this too.... 76 is my birth year!!!

Sorry to hear about such a terrible loss.

I think that it's a very nice tribute to their memory to be honest... I've used names before now such as in passwords etc. of loved ones that have passed - I'd NEVER forget them and this is why I use the names.

As long as I have my memories, I'll ALWAYS have access to happier times!

Many thanks for sharing that by the way.

:smile:
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    My twin niece and nephew use to (they passed away in a drowning accident July 09) call me Gigi because they couldnt say Gina.... now their little sister is calling me by this too.... 76 is my birth year!!!

I think that it's a very nice tribute to their memory to be honest... I've used names before now such as in passwords etc. of loved ones that have passed - I'd NEVER forget them and this is why I use the names.

Thanks so much!!! ;-)
  • Wiitabax
    Wiitabax Posts: 284
    Options

Thanks so much!!! ;-)

No problem.

someone I know... his daughter died before she even had a chance to take a breath... he and his wife named her... and he had that name and a few words in memorial tattoed on his arm.

I've seen this a lot and although some people find it to be 'weird' I don't... some people keep clothes, or visit graves etc. and this is another way of keeping someone's memory alive.

Hope this isn't me sounding morbid here... I just wanted to highlight this and share.

• Beach_Chica
    Options
    My username is pretty self explanatory. I'm a beach girl. It's my happy spot and an amazing creation.
    And also, if you look hard enough, my name is spelled with some of the letters [in the correct order]. However, this was a coincidence, but I like it even more now. lol

Nothing very exciting I'm afraid.

My name is Simone so thats where the first 3 letters come from and the rest is my date of birth 24th July.

Boring huh?

We have the same birthday. :] lol
  • oregonchick
    Options
    I'm from Oregon and I'm a girl/chick lol.
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    i'm an older version of the girl above me!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :ohwell: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:
  • dbyaya17
    dbyaya17 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Here goes..my grndchldrn are Derrian and Bryce=dbThey call me yaya. They were born in Jan and july=17 :wink:
  • TBHunter
    Options
    Mine stands for Thoroughbred Hunter, as I ride horses in the hunters (and now the jumpers). I have always had a horse that had TB in it, and got my first pure bred TB in 2007 :)
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Someone asked.
  • LuvnAG10
    Options
    I'm not very creative so luvn is for "loving" and AG are my kids' initials and 10 is for this year. :)
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    i'm an older version of the girl above me!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :ohwell: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:

LOL - you really are an inspiration to me!!! Thanks for cont to hang out with all of us...

My husband is a video/pinball game freak and collector. His first pinball game was Pinbot and he nicknamed me his pinbotchick...
  • ifychudy
    ifychudy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    ifychudy is my user name

ify, short form of my middle name, chudy is short form of hubby's middle name. He named me Ify-Chudi after we got married and I got an official change of name and it has always been my middle name. I know it sounded boring, but I am always at my best and put in my best whenever I was called that name
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Mine is seriously an un-creative story. My name is Nancy Wolfe... Wolfena just sounded so much better than Nawolfe! :tongue:
  • katwmn1963
    Options
    Again nothing exciting. kat-part of my name Kathryn wmn cuz hey I'm a girl LOL 1963 my birth year.:happy:
  • bomberbeamish
    Options
    last name beamish, nick name bomber cause allways bombing about, BOMBERBEAMISH :wink:
  • Nicolletta
    Options
    It's a variation of my real name.
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    It is my husband's nickname for having a long, hard to pronounce polish name!!!! And you thought it was for some other reason!!!!!:wink:
  • MISTTIMG
    MISTTIMG Posts: 136
    Options
    MISTTIMG "Making It Successful This Time Is My Goal"
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    When I picked it I knew I would be whining after a few weeks.........OMG ARE WE THERE YET??? I want this 50 pounds gone!! I hit 35-40 and was happy.........but it was slow given, age, metabolism and the fact I refuse to up my exercise. (this is a revelation for me today-I finally admitted it outloud!)

After almost 3 years I am still not 'there' yet! :wink: