Is calorie counting hard?

Options

Replies

• Menecairiel
    Menecairiel Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Logging for me has not been difficult at all, but I am an extremely boring eater. I eat to live only, so I don’t die. I eat the wrong/fastest things ever, fattening stuff, and I like snacking. Since logging, I just have to call up pretty much the same thing day after day. I've been eating salads, really that is it, and the only thing that changes may be the veggies in it.

I just ate my salad with cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, lettuce of course, and some blue cheese dressing, with a can of 98% fat free chicken on the top for protein, easy peasy, and that's it. I have zero imagination and again I eat to not die, so really anything will do.

If I could never eat again and not die and/or be HUNGRY, I'd do it.

I've always wanted to be like one of those jerks who don't really even like food :(

I love food. I use it for comfort, for happiness, for social so on...

tumblr_m22eocSYLE1rn95k2o2_500_zps688aca18.gif
    tumblr_m22eocSYLE1rn95k2o1_500_zpsd1238d43.gif

I can never give up food...
  • KayJaMikel
    KayJaMikel Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Logging for me has not been difficult at all, but I am an extremely boring eater. I eat to live only, so I don’t die. I eat the wrong/fastest things ever, fattening stuff, and I like snacking. Since logging, I just have to call up pretty much the same thing day after day. I've been eating salads, really that is it, and the only thing that changes may be the veggies in it.

I just ate my salad with cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, lettuce of course, and some blue cheese dressing, with a can of 98% fat free chicken on the top for protein, easy peasy, and that's it. I have zero imagination and again I eat to not die, so really anything will do.

I've always wanted to be like one of those jerks who don't really even like food :(

I like food, and there are some things I can go nuts over, but it's just never been a real focus of my life. I am fat because of my choices, and lifestyle, my work schedule, working nights sleeping days, not moving, and I bet my thyroid is a bit of a contribution, and I just ate what I wanted, never giving a care about calorie content or how bad it was for me. It was a total shock to see how many calories are in some of the things I consume on a daily basis. I am much more aware now.

You were not calling me a jerk, right? I am probably just reading your post wrong and I apologize if I did. How can anybody not like food though, especially good food.

ONE OF MY FAVS IS and I can eat till I feel like puking is chicken cutlets fried in oil and rice a roni, omg, this is evil. I eat the chicken cold out of the fridge the next day too, all day long, till they run out. I won't be making this meal anytime soon.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    No roll for the 5th on the original?----sob. :sad:
  • Watermelon_Crush
    Watermelon_Crush Posts: 170 Member
    Options

ROFL Just....perfect.
  • KayJaMikel
    Options

For me, my worst eating is when I just have to have something in my mouth, don't matter what, not cause I am hungry or anything, but the sensation of biting down into something, chewing, candy suckers, snacks, anything. I don’t know what that means though. I don’t think I am an emotional eater, or a happy eater, just a bad eater.
  • Watermelon_Crush
    Watermelon_Crush Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    No roll for the 5th on the original?----sob. :sad:

I KNOW! And no appeal system. Sulk. Still, this is cute too ;)
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    It's not hard, but weighing and measuring can be time consuming, especially at first.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options

For me, my worst eating is when I just have to have something in my mouth, don't matter what, not cause I am hungry or anything, but the sensation of biting down into something, chewing, candy suckers, snacks, anything. I don’t know what that means though. I don’t think I am an emotional eater, or a happy eater, just a bad eater.

Sugar free gum? I always want to kick the vending machine at work when they're out. The good thing is I'll walk to any vending machine that does have it no matter how far to get some :wink:
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Food is an expression. I. Love. TO. Cook.

I love seeing commercials for food and recreating it at home so that I can actually eat it. Doc has me on an uber low sodium diet so things like potato chips, cheez-its, ranch dressing, hot pockets(in the oven now!), and just toms of things.

Btw: homemade cheez-its are even more addictive than store-bought. Can't make them anymore.... I eat them as fast as I make them.

My favorite 'binge' food is potato chips and French onion dip. Now I can just make my own and while it may put me over calorie it's still a fraction of store bought AND it can fit into my sodium macros.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Went for a Sunday drive and when I returned.... the thread was gone.
    The horror! It took me days of reading (inbetween workouts and weighing and measuring my food) to get through the emotional ups and downs of the HLB rollercoaster. Recipes, cats, gifs....I hadnt had a chance to post yet! He thread was growing so fast Id never reach the end! How could it be gone???
    But then I thought ....maybe, just maybe it has been reincarnated.
    Awesome. In for the recipes, gifs and soap opera drama.
    :laugh:
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,055 Member
    Options
    I love making soups in crock pot.

Here is my vegie soup recipe - cut up aprox even amounts of carrot, leek, celery, potato into small pieces, enough to 3/4 fill crock pot - cook in slow cooker in vegie stock or chicken stock (I just use stock cubes, about 3 or 4) when cooked add 2 tins of creamed corn, mash with hand held mixer.

Too easy!

Some one mentioned bacon :tongue:

I have a potato and bacon one too.

Cut up potato, onion and leek - aprox double potato to onion/leek ratio, also about 1 cup of diced bacon pieces. Cook in stock until soft enough to mash, mash with hand held mixer, then add one container of light sour cream.

While I'm at it, I'll add my pumpkin soup one.

Cut up butternut pumpkin and potato aprox 3:2 pumpkin to potato ratio, also 2 large onions and one large carrot - cook in stock until soft enough to mash, mash with hand held mixer, then add 2 tins of creamed corn and one container of light sour cream also turmeric and paprika to taste.
  • Menecairiel
    Menecairiel Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Some one mentioned bacon :tongue:

I have a potato and bacon one too.

Cut up potato, onion and leek - aprox double potato to onion/leek ratio, also about 1 cup of diced bacon pieces. Cook in stock until soft enough to mash, mash with hand held mixer, then add one container of light sour cream.

Holy smokes!!! I WANT IT!!! NOW!
  • akeller1862
    Options
    My one "can't control myself food" is milanos. You knowm those cookies Peppridge Farm makes. I have a huge sweet tooth, and I keep a variety of sweets around so I don't go crazy and eat a whole cake; when they're always available I can portion them out. But milanos simply cannot be in my possession without eating all of them. Sometimes I buy those tiny packs of three of them, but that's it.

If we're sharing crockpot recpies, here are some of my favorites, although not all of them are particularly healthy.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/campbells-golden-chicken-with-noodles/detail.aspx

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/slow-cooker-dump-and-go-cheesy-chicken/detail.aspx

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chicken-taco-filling/detail.aspx

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/slow-cooker-beef-and-potato-curry/detail.aspx

I also know a macaroni and cheese recipe I can make in a slow cooker, and it's divine, but I have no link to it.
  • thomasgallino524
    Options
    It all depends on how much you're willing to go through to get the results you want. At first, yes, calorie counting is a pain in the *kitten*. But, as said in previous comments, once you get into the groove of things and eat similar types of food, it becomes much easier. What I find helpful is using the MyFitnessPal smartphone app and using the bar code scanner. As for non processed/packaged foods; take the extra minute or two and add it into "my foods" so you can have it at your disposal. If you don't use the smartphone app; I recommend using a little notepad and date each page (over whatever period of time) and for each day, break it down the same way this website does (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snacks, etc...). As I said before, if you're willing to put in the extra time, the results will show. It's a change in lifestyle. Change takes time. But every extra step you take, it's one step closer to your goal and a healthier lifestyle.
  • KayJaMikel
    Options
    My one "can't control myself food" is milanos. You knowm those cookies Peppridge Farm makes. I have a huge sweet tooth, and I keep a variety of sweets around so I don't go crazy and eat a whole cake; when they're always available I can portion them out. But milanos simply cannot be in my possession without eating all of them. Sometimes I buy those tiny packs of three of them, but that's it.

If we're sharing crockpot recpies, here are some of my favorites, although not all of them are particularly healthy.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/campbells-golden-chicken-with-noodles/detail.aspx

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/slow-cooker-dump-and-go-cheesy-chicken/detail.aspx

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chicken-taco-filling/detail.aspx

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/slow-cooker-beef-and-potato-curry/detail.aspx

I also know a macaroni and cheese recipe I can make in a slow cooker, and it's divine, but I have no link to it.

OMG, do I love milanos too. They are the bestest ever cookies, ever, and I don’t even like cookies that much. TO DIE FOR.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options

Salem summed up my thoughts exactly.

I've always been an emotional eater. I've used food as a reward for a rough day, a good day, or just because I thought I deserved it for whatever reason. I was pretty good at justifying what I was putting in my mouth.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Moar kitteh massages, while I wait for that crockpot sweet and sour chicken to cook and calculate the recipe. Nom.
    EaPENB8.jpg
    h66A2A10D
    F5bVbzb.gif
    tumblr_lkueki2RB41qhspilo1_400.gif
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    :sad: :brokenheart:

I have to call vet in the AM for my sweet kitty. Last night when I was petting him I felt a lump on his side. I'll be stressing out like crazy until she can see him.

My little schmoobear
    14062466243_94278ea8fe_n.jpg

13827474684_c19d91abb8_n.jpg

14048230339_4e4b8f2565_n.jpg

9960049584_4b0618ba98_n.jpg
  • KayJaMikel
    Options
    :sad: :brokenheart:

I have to call vet in the AM for my sweet kitty. Last night when I was petting him I felt a lump on his side. I'll be stressing out like crazy until she can see him.

My little schmoobear
    14062466243_94278ea8fe_n.jpg

13827474684_c19d91abb8_n.jpg

14048230339_4e4b8f2565_n.jpg

9960049584_4b0618ba98_n.jpg

Awe, I hope it is nothing. I bet it will be nothing.
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    So, it looks like the original thread finally got modded into oblivion. Not even locked, just moved to Mods-Only. I guess it was the orgy references that did it.

Anybody remember the great crockpot recipes that were in there? I'm gonna be hungry in about 6-8 hours....

I was working, what the eff happened? Orgies, and I missed it?

^^^^This is what I'm thinking.... plus how the hell do I miss the orgies :sad: Well at least a thread was started for the important stuff from that other thread.

Kitties.....

up-and-what.gif

I am a little bummed though, now I have no clue what to read with my morning coffee :grumble: