Is calorie counting hard?

Options

Replies

• dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Soup?

Can we talk about other crock pot ideas? I'm not the biggest fan of soup during the summer- which is a shame because the White Bean Chicken Chili at Cheesecake Factory is one of the most filling items on the SkinnyLicious menu.

The actual counting calories is easy. The mental aspect and figuring out the right balance of calories between meals, however, is a bit more of a challenge.

Once you let HLB into your heart, she never truly leaves.
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Soup?

Can we talk about other crock pot ideas? I'm not the biggest fan of soup during the summer- which is a shame because the White Bean Chicken Chili at Cheesecake Factory is one of the most filling items on the SkinnyLicious menu.

The actual counting calories is easy. The mental aspect and figuring out the right balance of calories between meals, however, is a bit more of a challenge.

Wow skimming through this one, completely missed she wandered over to this one.

So seriously, orgies are a bad topic, and that is what took down an epic thread. If dirty pictures were not posted, what is the issue. We are all adults and have the ability to not read a thread if we don't want to. I had a few on my FL that kept seeming upset that the thread was still going.....didn't get it because you can ignore it, just like If something you don't like is on tv you can choose not to watch it.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    So sad the original topic was closed. I was really hoping for a 5th roll.
  • dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I am a little bummed though, now I have no clue what to read with my morning coffee :grumble:

Same :laugh: It was becoming quite the nice routine.
  • SpencersHeart
    SpencersHeart Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I think I'm having thread roll over withdrawal symptoms. :cry: :sad:
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    I think I'm having thread roll over withdrawal symptoms. :cry: :sad:
    It will be ok... what you're feeling is perfectly normal according to this article.
    http://healheartbreak.com/seven-stages-of-breakup/
    :wink:
  • whitebalance
    Options
    Soup?

Wow skimming through this one, completely missed she wandered over to this one.

So seriously, orgies are a bad topic, and that is what took down an epic thread. If dirty pictures were not posted, what is the issue. We are all adults and have the ability to not read a thread if we don't want to. I had a few on my FL that kept seeming upset that the thread was still going.....didn't get it because you can ignore it, just like If something you don't like is on tv you can choose not to watch it.
    So, seriously... I was joking about the orgy references. Yes, somebody said something about orgies, but the comments were very, very tame. I'm sure the thread was axed for some other reason... perhaps for public posting of private contact information, which is against the Community Guidelines. There were references to OP's accounts on other sites, which count as private contact information according to the CGs... and aside from that, OP was very free with personal details of who she was, where she worked, who her friend was, and so on... I think that with a moderate amount of digging, it would have been possible to locate her physically at a given time. And that's just not a good thing for her, and the MFP community is right to be concerned over that. Is she still so exposed now -- maybe so, on other sites, but not so much here.

Your friends may have been some of those with more experience on the MFP boards who remember a thread not unlike this one. A young MFP user was caught in multiple untruths and distortions, along with a great deal of oversharing... and in the process of debunking the insanity, her identity was exposed. The thread had many hilarious turns... and many warnings from individuals saying Hey, this is going in a direction that could be unsafe for the user in question. And eventually the thread was nuked. None of the usual lock with explanation from mods... just nuked. Like this one was.

So that's my best guess. And if the mods nuked the thread in an effort to protect someone's identity, I say cheers to the mods. :drinker: Even the wildest, most disagreeable MFP users are still real people on the other end... even if they're not the people they say they are.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    That's actually a pretty good reason because the whiners and cat gif demanders were really starting to piss me off. Actually I think the gifs had more to do with the thread being axed due to band width waste and the fact that the thread was clearly over. Made possible by people who had no interest in it and kept egging others to destroy it for their own pleasure
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    e5fd32fa0a51cafbc7e16bd055fb411ee156b1264e0c88832a8fada8bfefa9bb.jpg
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options
    Guess ya didn't get a big enough bite last time...
  • MyM0wM0w
    Options
    blah-blah-blah-blah.jpg
  • whitebalance
    Options
    That's actually a pretty good reason because the whiners and cat gif demanders were really starting to piss me off.
    So naturally, the only logical thing to do was come to this thread, the OP of which has expressly requested the cat gifs be posted... and complain about people posting cat gifs.
    Actually I think the gifs had more to do with the thread being axed due to band width waste and the fact that the thread was clearly over. Made possible by people who had no interest in it and kept egging others to destroy it for their own pleasure
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1228173-come-to-mfp-they-said-there-are-kitteh-gifs-they-said
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1063495-my-gif-is-better-than-yours
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1302282-i-need-me-some-man-candy
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1281694-give-me-random-animal-gifs

3729385-5056029269-s5a53.jpg

Yeah, regarding the bandwidth thing, really, seriously, it's invalid. Images posted on the boards aren't hosted on MFP's servers. From MFP's perspective, they're no more costly than a line of text. That said, when a thread has become destructive or is obviously on a path to deletion, gif-bombing is not uncommon.
  • MyM0wM0w
    Options
    Goodnight, Sunshines!
    cat4.gif?w=584
  • rideontechnology
    rideontechnology Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I feel like I've gone through something traumatic and life shattering to the MFP community after taking days to keep up with reading all of the posts from the first one, finding it gone when I opened the tab today, and then magically finding the new one. Phew.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options
    So naturally, the only logical thing to do was come to this thread, the OP of which has expressly requested the cat gifs be posted... and complain about people posting cat gifs.

While I considered the irony before posting, I would say this is an over simplification of what I did. I mean, come on. Your post theorizing on why the thread was shut down was three times as long as mine. I'm not allowed to do the same?

I'll read your links, hopefully they explain something I hadn't considered about bandwidth. I still maintain that the gifs took the thread way off topic (deliberately) and made it seem like it had run its course. But of course, the mods offered no explanation for their nuke so we'll likely never know
  • whitebalance
    Options
    I feel like I've gone through something traumatic and life shattering to the MFP community after taking days to keep up with reading all of the posts from the first one, finding it gone when I opened the tab today, and then magically finding the new one. Phew.
    cat-hug-o.gif

153.gif

90741-Sleepy-Kitties.gif
  • Menecairiel
    Menecairiel Posts: 164 Member
    Options

90741-Sleepy-Kitties.gif

That just made me smile in the one place where smiling is hard: at work when the general system is acting up!!
  • Zombielicious
    Zombielicious Posts: 246 Member
    Options

cat-hug-o.gif

...there are no words...
  • AllieMarie2244
    AllieMarie2244 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Soup?

frabz-Ive-been-expecting-you-879c2f_zps24251ffd.jpg

this just had me crying laughing at my desk here at work lol
  • KayJaMikel
    KayJaMikel Posts: 341 Member
    Options

cat-hug-o.gif

...there are no words...

Kittens are just so adorable.

I currently have a mamma and 7 babies, and they are about 5 weeks old now. They are just so effing cute and I can't stand it. They are in the following me around the house stage but are too small yet to get certain places, and it reminds of ducks on a pond following their mamma. They do all these things GIFs show and then some. They sleep in piles on top of each other, on their backs with their little paws up on the air, their mommy puts her paws around them as if to spoon them.

I want to keep all of them. Too cute.