That one person who needs to use MyFitnessPal

Options
LazSommer
LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
So they stop freaking blowing up facebook with their posts about the gym and pictures taken in the mirror flexing. Like I get it, you're narcissistic and love your body - good. Sweet baby jesus though nobody cares enough to get a 2 hour update on your quads.

Replies

• Katleskin
    Katleskin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'd take fitness updates/pictures over endless chatter and photos of babies/kids any day of the week!
  • LazSommer
    Options
    I'd take fitness updates/pictures over endless chatter and photos of babies/kids any day of the week!

As someone who enjoys fitness and has two kids, I hate all of those equally. Maybe I should just delete Facebook.
  • LazSommer
    Options
    thats me on FB you have the choice to unfreiend them or just scroll past their updates you know

But part of me enjoys seeing the evolution of their mental illness. MFP is great for that, too.
  • wardamnirish
    wardamnirish Posts: 395
    Options

I'd gladly take all of those on Facebook over politics.
  • LazSommer
    Options

Clearly that is because you are a liberal who cannot stand to be DESTROYED by all the Young Conservative articles that are shared.
  • LazSommer
    Options
    I love seeing my friends kids, what my friends made for dinner, the cute sayings they like, watching them meet their fitness goals

what else is FB for if not keeping in touch and posting your dailey news?

It allows me to keep contact with many people in my life that I would not be able to have contact with otherwise.

For instance a friend of mine from high school is on a high seas adventure rowing across the ocean right now with her husband, how cool is that? She posted all her preparations down to food packing which included high powered calorie content to get them through their rowing journey! So cool!

Also all my friends are going through a baby boom and I love their baby pictures and watching their kids grow! And dont forget the dogs! i love dog posts and pet posts!

perhaps you are just not an FB person?

maybe the problem is you?

None of what you said applies to endless gym selfies. It's great people love themselves that much, but it's sad that they need that much approval from others. I already addressed the rest.
  • wardamnirish
    wardamnirish Posts: 395
    Options

Clearly that is because you are a liberal who cannot stand to be DESTROYED by all the Young Conservative articles that are shared.

Haha, no. Most of my friends are pretty far out there on the left. Let's just say I'm not.
  • LegendaryOrange
    LegendaryOrange Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    For the most part I can deal with any kind of FB post but one time I did unfriendly a guy because it got to be too much. It was a combination of constant selfies, healthy food pics, and overwhelming hash tags.
  • LazSommer
    Options
    I love seeing my friends kids, what my friends made for dinner, the cute sayings they like, watching them meet their fitness goals

It allows me to keep contact with many people in my life that I would not be able to have contact with otherwise.

For instance a friend of mine from high school is on a high seas adventure rowing across the ocean right now with her husband, how cool is that? She posted all her preparations down to food packing which included high powered calorie content to get them through their rowing journey! So cool!

Also all my friends are going through a baby boom and I love their baby pictures and watching their kids grow! And dont forget the dogs! i love dog posts and pet posts!

None of what you said applies to endless gym selfies. It's great people love themselves that much, but it's sad that they need that much approval from others. I already addressed the rest.

It all applies, if someone loves going tot he gym then that is their lives, their personal dailey news. You dont have to look just keep scrolling.

You're missing the point; I do keep scrolling. And when I continue to scroll, I get their next update, and the next one, and then realize they've posted 6 just today of themselves either at the gym, going to the gym, talking about their extreme dedication to the gym, etc. Meanwhile, the rest of us that work out just as much (many of them much more so than these people) rarely make such posts. Why is that? Your fitness doesn't give you intrinsic value so you have to have others tell you how awesome you are?
  • LazSommer
    Options
    For the most part I can deal with any kind of FB post but one time I did unfriendly a guy because it got to be too much. It was a combination of constant selfies, healthy food pics, and overwhelming hash tags.

One guy thinks he is God's gift to the gym. We all have to get at least 3 motivational posts from him a day about hard work and dedication to the gym and striving for perfection. Then when he hits the gym we get 2 pictures of him flexing. Afterwards we get another random picture and a recap of the day. Almost every day.
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Just set them as an acquaintance it takes them off your feed, thats how I have everyone on my fb except family :flowerforyou:
  • LazSommer
    Options

It all applies, if someone loves going tot he gym then that is their lives, their personal dailey news. You dont have to look just keep scrolling.

You're missing the point; I do keep scrolling. And when I continue to scroll, I get their next update, and the next one, and then realize they've posted 6 just today of themselves either at the gym, going to the gym, talking about their extreme dedication to the gym, etc. Meanwhile, the rest of us that work out just as much (many of them much more so than these people) rarely make such posts. Why is that? Your fitness doesn't give you intrinsic value so you have to have others tell you how awesome you are?

Hun, you're taking it personally. He has something he needs to prove to the world so let him do it, you dont so just be his friend, scroll passed what bothers you, and dont let him get u ruffled. Every one has flaws some people are narsiccist (me one of them). If you are going to take on a friendship/relationship expect to take people on with all their flaws and insecurities. No one is perfect, so let them post.

If it really bothers you then unfriend them :)

I don't get "ruffled," I just wish they would find a place like MFP where people would welcome that more than the general FB populace. I don't comment to him about it because he did a great transformation since High school and went from very overweight to shredded. He puts in good work and he SHOULD be proud, but I just wish he would realize there is a line between proud and something more.
  • LazSommer
    Options
    Just set them as an acquaintance it takes them off your feed, thats how I have everyone on my fb except family :flowerforyou:

Interesting.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options

One guy thinks he is God's gift to the gym. We all have to get at least 3 motivational posts from him a day about hard work and dedication to the gym and striving for perfection. Then when he hits the gym we get 2 pictures of him flexing. Afterwards we get another random picture and a recap of the day. Almost every day.
    Why are you "friends" with him? If it's that annoying, just delete the whole thing and stop complaining.
  • LazSommer
    Options

Why are you "friends" with him? If it's that annoying, just delete the whole thing and stop complaining.

Because he's a good guy otherwise and he's fun to joke around with and when he's not posting his diamond calves he is fine. I have my quirks too and I'm sure he could delete me, but my quirks don't have a social media website dedicated to them that I could switch to.