Curvy Girls Running Problems

Options

Replies

• CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    In to see if OP updates that he's successfully helped his sister.

-pokes OP

Hey lol sorry I don't usually check back often, I've been so busy, but there has been a positive. She wound up looking at the links and info I gave her and bought the bras and shoes that she needed.

Needless to say, I have invited her twice a day to see if she wants to go for a walk or jog with me. In the morning I get an angry grumble and a go away. at night I get a "im too tired". I guess she wasted the money if she doesn't want to go, but I'm still hoping she stops being so lazy and comes jogging with me bc it's a nice way to get out of the house.
  • CookNLift
    Options
    this is a really weird thread to be started by a man.

that's a really weird comment to be sent by a woman.
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    YES! They hurt while running or exercising period. I would love to find a sports bra that I can wear while exercising and it holds the girls down. I am constantly holding them down in my workout classes.

what? Are you serious?
    They exist....not a myth....just search for them...
    Mine don't even bounce, and I'm a 36C

Edited to suggest one
    http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/scoop-back-sports-bra/pid-732886/pgid-732888
    I use like this one. If you notice it has a "frame" that holds the ladies in place :happy:

They may exist, BUT I have yet to find one. I have many of them. If you find one please order one for me and ship it to me. BTW..I am MUCH bigger than a C...But thanks!
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Why don't you grow 20-40 lbs of soft tissue dangling off your chest and subject that to 30-40 mins of rhythmic impact generating up to 4 times your bodyweight of force with each impact, and then tell me how you know all about running with boobs. K?

:laugh:
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Why don't you grow 20-40 lbs of soft tissue dangling off your chest and subject that to 30-40 mins of rhythmic impact generating up to 4 times your bodyweight of force with each impact, and then tell me how you know all about running with boobs. K?

I don't think they weigh *that* much...ooh look:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/720520-ok-ladies-weigh-your-knockers-here

See, everyone says my boobs are "huge" and they are actually probably less than 3 lbs.
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    HNcxB.gif
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Honestly if you do not have big boobs why are you even engaging in this argument?
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Actually. my biggest problem is finding a sports bra that holds everything in place that I can actually put on and take off (taking off is harder because I tend to be sweaty) without any help. If my husband's working, I can be stuck all day in a bra that I can't get off...
  • CookNLift
    Options
    Honestly if you do not have big boobs why are you even engaging in this argument?

lol if you read, it was because my sister and my friend who try using excuses to get out of things, and I thought they were just using that as an excuse to get away from running with me.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Jesus dude.

If you don't want to sound like an idiot try not telling women you know their bodies better than they do.

To be fair- if she's complaining about every little thing- then this is just an added on complaint.

If she wants to run- she'll run without making excuses.

yes it CAN hurt. no it doesn't ALWAYS hurt.
    Yes having a properly fitted supporting (i.e. not compression only) bra helps.

If I have a compression pull over- it is almost always worn with a regular underwire- if not- I have some that are separate molded cups with underwire- great things. First under wire swim suit I put on I thought I died and went to heaven!!!

And I'm not exceptionally big- I'm only a 34D. But yes- support- vs compression- it makes a difference.
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    2zsn0ap.gif

goatstare.gif
  • Becky_LaBelle
    Becky_LaBelle Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I recently went for about a K cup (not like the coffee machines) and now I'm a C/D. I had about 6.5 pounds of tissue removed. Running was terrible. I had to spend about $40 on a good bra just to be able to tolerate any high-impact activity. Being top-heavy can also be detrimental to your posture, making you put excess pressure on your joints. If they say it's painful to run encourage them to get a good bra and practice good form. If that still doesn't work, you may need to get a new running partner.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options

I don't think they weigh *that* much...ooh look:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/720520-ok-ladies-weigh-your-knockers-here

See, everyone says my boobs are "huge" and they are actually probably less than 3 lbs.

Omg I was wrong! Science mag says 15-23 lbs and that's just for a "D". :tongue:
    http://discovermagazine.com/2005/nov/physics-of-bras

"Breasts move in a sinusoidal pattern, Steele has found, and they move a lot. Small breasts can move more than three inches vertically during a jog, and large breasts sometimes leave their bras entirely. " :laugh:

"In some cases, breasts can slap against the chest with enough force to break the clavicle." :noway: (never running again)
  • CookNLift
    Options
    Jesus dude.

If you don't want to sound like an idiot try not telling women you know their bodies better than they do.

To be fair- if she's complaining about every little thing- then this is just an added on complaint.

If I have a compression pull over- it is almost always worn with a regular underwire- if not- I have some that are separate molded cups with underwire- great things. First under wire swim suit I put on I thought I died and went to heaven!!!

And I'm not exceptionally big- I'm only a 34D. But yes- support- vs compression- it makes a difference.

exactly. she likes to complain about her leg, her back, her arm, whatever it takes to get out of doing something she doesn't like to do. She had fun walking the color run this year but said she wants to jog it next year, but I don't think she wants to jog it that bad if she won't even run with me now AFTER i got all of the advice from here and she purchased the stuff she needed that could alleviate some of the complaints whether they were honest or just being used as an excuse.

I hope she changes her mind because I get bored running alone, and it'd be nice to have my sister go with me so I don't have to wear headphones and fear being hit by a car at any point because I can't hear them coming.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    just imagine your balls are as big and heavy as grapefruits, then picture yourself running.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    :noway:

Really? Grow boobs, then we'll talk.
  • CookNLift
    Options
    Jesus dude.

And if you wanted to have that argument with her I'm sure you two could go back and forth and make valid points.

Not him.

Not any guy. As he tried arguing about it, then had to start a thread that actually asked, "Um, does running with big boobs hurt?" If you're going to argue about something, have some idea what you're talking about. So you don't look like an idiot. Like I said.

Except, it was clarifying if her argument was valid or not, or if it were her using excuses, and if so how could she fix the issue. I wasn't saying I was right, but looking for others to confirm or disagree, and if they disagreed to let me know what I could do to give my sister the information needed to alleviate the problem to be able to go running with me.

Calling people idiots when you assume you know what they mean really makes you look arrogant and ignorant .