Curvy Girls Running Problems

Options
1234568»

Replies

• AndiGirl70
    AndiGirl70 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    For as much as I like my endowed chest its a PITA when it comes to sports and exercise. Any impact exercise like running or jumping rope really does make them sore after a bit without excellent support. I also have to adjust my golf swing and bat swing to work around them. Invest in a really good sports bra and double up if your cup size is beyond a DD.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options

Except, it was clarifying if her argument was valid or not, or if it were her using excuses, and if so how could she fix the issue. I wasn't saying I was right, but looking for others to confirm or disagree, and if they disagreed to let me know what I could do to give my sister the information needed to alleviate the problem to be able to go running with me.

Calling people idiots when you assume you know what they mean really makes you look arrogant and ignorant .

You do not have breasts. You were arguing with a woman who does have breasts that her complaints about her breasts are invalid and just an excuse. She's the expert in this field, you are not.

Here's what you do when a woman is talking about her body. You agree with what she's saying. Because you're not her and you're not her doctor. Telling her how her body feels makes YOU look arrogant. That's what I'm explaining to you. You may not like the fact that you did something stupid, but don't get mad at me for pointing it out to you. Like a whole bunch of other people did in this stupid thread that should NEVER have been resurrected in the first place...

Resurrecting the thread was not my doing for one. And I did not tell her how her body feels. I was arguing with her that she was using an excuse to get out of running with me, which in part it was. In an ability to fix this, I wanted to conclude what the right answer was so I wasn't just being ignorant or naive in something I did not know anything about. You can continue your assault of calling me stupid, or an idiot, because it may make you feel better, but I could care less because all in all the people in this thread that DID help me and offer me the correct answers and insight make comments as rude and abrupt as yours null and void. Thanks for the positive insight.
  • phuckingbadasscutie
    phuckingbadasscutie Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I posted this in the beginning of the thread but it worth a read if you didn't read it.

http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-commentary/article/9451835/female-athletes-biggest-opponents-their-own-breasts-espn-magazine

Then decide how you'd feel about running with any extra 10lbs on your chest at that speed.
  • CookNLift
    Options
    I posted this in the beginning of the thread but it worth a read if you didn't read it.

http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-commentary/article/9451835/female-athletes-biggest-opponents-their-own-breasts-espn-magazine

Then decide how you'd feel about running with any extra 10lbs on your chest at that speed.

i actually did read, that and thank you. It definitely added a lot of insight into the way I was thinking and I realized that it wasn't just an issue she was having but one that a lot of women do face. I hope she goes running with me soon so she can see if the stuff she bought does help her, I'd like to have my little sister cross the finish line with me next year jogging rather than walking, which will mean quite a lot to both of us.
  • coaoalo
    coaoalo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Put it this way- I can swim for *hours* without any problems. I can on an exercise bike for an hour without any problems. I can walk for 5-10 miles without any problems. I can't run for 5 minutes. I'm a 34GG.
  • CookNLift
    Options
    Put it this way- I can swim for *hours* without any problems. I can on an exercise bike for an hour without any problems. I can walk for 5-10 miles without any problems. I can't run for 5 minutes. I'm a 34GG.

lolol i think that may be her issue as well. I might just opt for going on walks instead so she can at least get something going for endurance. I will try the biking actually. I never even thought of that since I haven't ridden a bicycle in years, she may enjoy that more and may be easier on her than the stress from running on the road.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    It still hurts. I just have a C cup and I double up and it still hurts on the landing...
  • emkayelle91
    emkayelle91 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    It hurts to run. I have yet to find a sports bra that contains my boobs enough for me to run without almost knocking myself out. lol
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Go strap two melons to your chest, do your best to bind them down and go for a run. See how you feel afterward.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately theres no hard and fast answer / rule here. The percentage of fat volume in the overall total breast volume in female breasts can average from ~ 7% to 56%.

Meaning that no matter who you ask, everyone will be a different shape / size and experience different issues.

This was a no win argument from the beginning.

161.png

Especially when it has to do with body parts that facilitate child rearing.
  • docsandy
    docsandy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am a curvy girl who loves to run. I resolved my bouncing boobs problem with a properly fitted sports bra. These bras are not routinely available at department stores. I strongly recommend the catalog "Title Nine". The bras aren't inexpensive but are worth the price. Dumb bell icons are used to indicate the amount of firmness or hold for each bra 2(+)...give them a shot.:flowerforyou:
  • CookNLift
    Options
    Unfortunately theres no hard and fast answer / rule here. The percentage of fat volume in the overall total breast volume in female breasts can average from ~ 7% to 56%.

Meaning that no matter who you ask, everyone will be a different shape / size and experience different issues.

This was a no win argument from the beginning.

161.png

Especially when it has to do with body parts that facilitate child rearing.

lol that was so true an so funny at the same time. points for the GoT meme haha
  • KatieKat1979
    KatieKat1979 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Here's all I'm gonna say... I have a very full chest (DD) and I have to wear 2-3 sports bras at once or my $70 one that I use sparingly because it's so good and I wanna keep everything locked and loaded.. :P

It is not easy to workout with heavy sandbags pounding into my chest or jiggling everywhere. It's embarassing at times and painful.

I would encourage any man to put on a bra, put in two bags of flour (one in each cup) and then do jumping jacks or run. It's not easy or comfortable.
  • masssiveone
    Options
    lol now cant get the idea of bouncing boobs out of my mind... not a bad thing though :)
  • athleteguy777
    Options
    Curvy girls are HOT!

The end.