WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER

barbiecat
barbiecat Posts: 17,133 Member
edited September 22 in Motivation and Support
:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
Welcome to the thread that changed my life. The title is “Women Ages 50+” but all women are welcome. We provide support and encouragement to each other by checking in regularly, sharing our successful and not so successful experiences, and building a community.

:flowerforyou: November is the month in the USA where we think about gratitude in preparation for our Thanksgiving celebrations. I write a gratitude list every morning to help me stay focused on all the blessings in my life. My friends on MFP are part of my list many days.

:flowerforyou: How did you do in reaching your goals for October? What new (or old) goals have you set for November? I look forward to hearing from all of you.

:flowerforyou: Some of us list our goals as part of our signatures so we can see them every day and so others can read them. Some make goals for the whole month, others day by day or week by week. Some make goals of pounds to lose and others make goals of changed behaviors. Whatever your goals, we are here to cheer each on along this weight loss journey.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Replies

• weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Hello All,

Marking my spot for November. Busy week, so will probably be "lurking" for a few days.

Since posting earlier today on the October thread, the only excitement around here was an altercation between Bradley and Mai Li, which my little "Yorkshire Terror"--AKA "Bradley the Terrible" incited and escalated.:mad: He nipped Mai Li on her back just below her neck. Not a deep wound, but enough to break the skin. I didn't discover the bite until later, so out came the Neosporin, which is safe to use, since she can't reach the area to lick it off. If it looks questionable tomorrow, I guess we will be making a trip to the vet. It's been a few weeks since anyone had to visit there, so I am sure they are "expecting" us anytime, as it is always something with these three.:ohwell:

Barb
  • Hi Barbie and everyone!!!

I did great in October, but I started to slack off later in the month. So, I hope to stay stronger and more dedicated all the way through the month of November!!! Novemember always reminds me to count my blessings, not my troubles... I have so much to be thankful for, and I want to keep working hard at being the healthiest I can be, too! I'm very thankful for MFP and for all of my amazing MFP buddies!!! THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE FOR HELPING ME TO STAY STRONG!

My November goals are: 1. Lose at least 5 more pounds; 2. Stay under my calorie goal every day (if I eat too much, then I must exercise more); 3. Walk or do another activity for at least 15 minutes each day. I have to remember it's JUST ONE DAY AT A TIME...

I love your quote: "The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT." This is so VERY true... I'll remind myself daily! Thank you again everyone for inspiring me to do my best each day!!

HAPPY NOVEMBER! We can all reach our goals together!!!

Take care, Laura :)
  • Happy (almost) November.

Just got back from a Halloween party one of DD Suzy’s friends throws every year, with kids, parents, grandparents, and aunties. I especially enjoyed the hayride (pickup truck and trailer filled with hay bales) to a neighborhood where the kids could go trick-or-treating. Lots of fun. Got another of those “I didn’t recognize you” comments. :happy: I’m going to miss those when the size I am is the size people are used to seeing.

Some good food at the party – lots of veggies and salads - and plenty of evil stuff. I ate pretty well but came home hungry! I’ve got a sweet potato in the oven and apples simmering on the stove as we speak. (Thanks, Barbie, for the recipe.)

Thanks, Viv, for the nice compliments. Sticking with MFP is the first New Year’s resolution I’ve ever kept (I started 1/1). I still marvel at it. Several things came together to help me keep the resolution, not the least of which was the support from this group. Another huge factor was eating lots and lots of healthful food. I’m embarrassed by how much I eat. All those people who say it’s all about moderation...they're wrong! :noway:

Robin, your post was one of the things that got me thinking about why losing weight has worked this time. I plain old don’t do well with deprivation. I have a feeling it’s hard for a lot of people. Maybe most people. Our instincts say, “feed me, feed me” when we don’t get enough of the right foods. I love eating lots (and lots!) of fruits and veggies. I hate feeling deprived. I don’t do deprived! Your experience is just more evidence that deprivation doesn’t work.

Am I on target here? I’m assuming this works the same way for most people but maybe I’m assuming too much. This approach works for me but I’d be interested in hearing about other approaches that work for others.

Feeling deprived is exactly what did me in on every previous attempt at losing weight. I’d get myself up for the effort, keep it going on a kind of high, then blam, hit the wall. That’s when I’d go unconscious, start nibbling and keep nibbling. All the weight I’d lost would come back on plus some. Every time, plus some.

I never enjoyed eating fruits or veggies much before I learned how to prepare them. Roasted veggies were a revelation to me! :happy: My mom served fairly healthful foods when I was growing up but the veggies were mostly “fresh frozen.” Now, there’s an oxymoron. :noway: When I started MFP, I cut way, way down on refined sugar and other highly processed foods. The first two days were hard, then it got easier. Eating plenty of healthful stuff was what kept me going. (BTW, I didn't really enjoy fruits or veggies until I got through a couple of days without eating highly processed foods.)

Now, whenever I get off track, I know that if I eliminate highly processed foods (what Michael Pollan calls, “edible food-like substances” :laugh: ) and get plenty of fruits and veggies, it will take just two days of hard effort to get back on track. I figure I can do anything for two days!

Whew! I didn’t expect to be so long-winded. The changes in how I approach eating seem like a miracle to me in one way and, in another way, so normal and so right that it’s hard to believe I haven’t always approached eating this way.

Kackie, we’ve postponed leaving for Tahoe until Tuesday. I’m glad of the extra day. I’m sure I’ll be doing a lot of walking up there. The weather is supposed to be beautiful – sunny but cool. Tahoe has got to be one of the most beautiful spots on earth.

I joined the local gym today and will give it a try tomorrow. Can’t wait!

Jeannie, I hear you about the economy. The recession has hit hard around here where so many people are in construction. Many of them are self-employed and don’t have unemployment benefits to help them get through. We know quite a few people who have lost their homes or are upside down on their mortgages.

I’m glad your daughter’s Soccer team did so well. I know she wanted to be first but second is not shabby at all. It’s wonderful!

Terri, I feel your pain when it comes to snacking. I'm still working on portioning out the snacks in advance (rather than nibbling) so I’m more in charge. And, definitely, I’m with you in avoiding skimpy meals. They set us up to overeat, especially when those tempting snacks are in sight.

Welcome, Irina. You’ll find awesome support here.

Birdie, thanks for the words from Andy Rooney. Made me laugh out loud!

Marlouise, nice to hear from you. I like your pic! I went to tonight’s Halloween party as a witch too – green face and all. Fun!

Barb, thanks (I think) for the horribly tempting recipe. Perfect for Halloween!

Vicki, congrats on a great food day! I like the idea of you eating one mini cupcake to make sure it was good!

Laura, your goals are right-on!

I hope everyone has a good November. Life throws us curves sometimes but we have lots to be thankful for. I’m thankful for this group, for one. :love:

Mmmm. The applesauce is done and calling my name! (The sweet potato is already history.)

:heart:
  • lyn54
    lyn54 Posts: 415
    Hello November! Hello Ladies!
    I am wide awake due to a "hurting" hip. Another little bump (bum, bootie) :bigsmile: :bigsmile: in the road. I'll have to go see what is going with it. I have really pushed myself this past week or so. :smile:
    Just thought I would do catch up with my post.
    I hope to lose 4/5 pounds in November. I hope to be back at the gym by Wed.:happy: :tongue:
    I just happy and blessed to be this far along this year. Finding MFP and this thread had changed a lot of things for me.:flowerforyou: Thank you, Barbie, for picking up the thread and carrying it on! All your cooking sounds wonderful!:drinker:

Mimi:flowerforyou: Thanks for the compliment on my skin. 13 months ago that side of my face was swollen and oozing from shingles. I looked like a monster. That's a very long and drawn out story. Let's just say that one of my blessings is that I don't have scars all over my face and neck and lots and lots of other parts on my body.
    Your hair is lovely either way.:smile: I hope whenever you go to Tahoe you have a wonderful time.:flowerforyou:

MissJo:smile: Kudos! on your son's engagement. I have had the BLESSING of having 2 wonderful daughters-in-law. I wish the same for you.

Laura:flowerforyou: Ditto on this site and blessings and everything!

MarLouise; Loved your witch!! My 3 1/2 year granddaughter wanted to be a pirate/witch...I'll post pics and let you know when. I really didn't know what that was either....:bigsmile:

Kathy:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I noticed you have quit smoking and you are still controlling your weight...That's incredible!!:flowerforyou:

Jeannie:flowerforyou: Good Luck in November!!

Hey Birdie:flowerforyou: I 've always enjoyed listening to and reading Andy Rooney. Thanks!

Amandx-Hope you had fun at your party...you could use some "down-time" from your worrying and stress:flowerforyou:

Pquilter and Debbie--:flowerforyou: will be looking for you on here!

Faye-Issue? Hope you get those worked out. They can be killers. I have watched my sis go from 125-230 this past 18 months from stress. I have been so concerned after spending time with her sat. I have searched my brain for some way to approach her. :cry: :brokenheart: Hope you get yours worked out!!

Chicklet-I hope things are improving for your with your family and your mom.:flowerforyou:

Welcome to all the newbies...I might just have graduated from that category...how long does that take, Barbie Cat?:huh:
    anyway...MCDEBBIE, IRINAPA,...Welcome:flowerforyou: Hope I haven't left anyone out...

Thanks to all for prayers and making me feel a part.:heart: hugs:heart:

November, here I come -bright and early at 2:12 am...:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

ps. I am not going to check for typos...probably couldn't see them anyway:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • lyn54
    One other thing. There is a thread "thoughts and prayers for my daughter" . The little girl has leukemia that has reoccured. I don't know if you want to do this but Clarissa(the mother) requests prayer for her child periodically.
    She provided this link to go to. You may sign a guest book to let her know you are thinking of her.
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/squigy
    Thanks,
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    :smile: Happy November

Marking my spot for later.

Need to think of goals for November, end of October report, MUST DO BETTER!! :frown: :frown: :embarassed: :embarassed:
  • flowerforyou: Good evening all! Hope everyone had a great Halloween!

Boo and I stayed in this year. Actually Halloween and Fourth of July are the two holidays I don't leave the house. Of course it's because of my baby girl, Boo. I just don't trust leaving her alone, with all the tick or treaters and fireworks. Freaks her out:noway: .

So I popped some popcorn and we watched a scary movie, The Relic, not a new film, but a good one anyway. Boo gave me the eyes so of course I had to share my 100 calorie bag of popcorn with her, so theoretically I didn't eat 100 calories. So I had an apple too and yes, I did have to share that also. The little princess enjoys eating healthy too. :laugh: I recently found out that she loves cantelope! And of course she loves roasted veggies. I just leave the seasoning off of hers. I know, she's spoiled, but she's all I have left so she's worth it!:heart:

Mimi:flowerforyou:

You know, I was thinking about the deprivation thing. The other day I had chinese food delivered and I ordered healthy, low cal foods and checked the calories before I ordered them and then at the bottom of the online menu under desserts, I saw BROWNIE. Normally I would not have even looked that far down the menu to avoid temptation, but I realized I can't do that. If I ever have to learn how to eat properly, that means facing foods that I normally would steer clear of. (Like the time I panicked because I was going out to a pizza place on a date). If I deprive myself of these things it is going to come back and bite me in the a*#! I will feel deprived and instead of just eating one I would end up pigging out. So this was what was going through my head when I saw the brownie. So I ordered the damm thing and I ate the whole thing, instead of denying myself it and pigging out on something else fattening or worse dreaming of it and later buying 4 or 5 of them!:sad: And you know what? I ate that one, but I noticed I ate it differently. Normally I would have relished every single bite and licked the wrapper and use my finger to pick up any crumbs left over. But I ate it, SLOWLY, not because I was relishing it, but because I was reading something on the internet and was just taking my time eating it like I would any other food. I didn't lick the wrapper or pick at the crumbs, just threw it away crumbs and all. And the weird thing is it was good, but I didn't see it in my mind as "the most scrumptious, delectable thing I have ever eaten in the past 4 months!" It didnt make me want to go out and get more. I didn't crave more. It was just dessert, something that satisfied me at the moment. That's it! i realized then that this was such a more healthy way of thinking and eating. I ended up eating one, not an entire box of something.
    Now my question is to myself, "Was this because I was able to order 1 brownie and avoid pigging out?" or "If I had bought a container of my favorite cookies from the bakery, (because that is the way they are sold) would I be able to stop at 2 or 3 cookies, or would I eat the whole container?" This makes me nervous. Because I'm not sure if I have the will power to stop at 2 or 3 yet.:ohwell: When I can accomplish that, that is when I know I will be okay in my eating habits. The fact that it makes me nervous thinking about it, tells me I'm not there yet. So unitl then, I will order only 1 item desserts and not bring home a package of them to space out throughout the week. Because I don't think I can space them out yet. :noway: When I read about some of the ladies here that cook desserts (sometimes 2 or 3 of them at one sitting) I know I could not do that. Granted they are giving most of it away, but why put myself into that temptation?? They are either much more stronger than I am, or they have been doing this so long now that it doesn't affect them anymore. (Something I hope to achieve). At any rate, that's where I am at this time in my life, during my healthy eating sojourn.:smile:

Well I would appreciate any feedback from the women who have conquered this and provide me any words of advice or tips on how to achieve this.

Good night1:yawn:
    Chiclet
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Back soon x
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Happy November to you all.

Another month, and this is the one when I will definitely be meeting my grandtwins! If they don't appear before hand, they are booked for a c-section on November 17th.

DSC_0184.jpg

Had a great time at the Halloween party yesterday. I've added a photo of some of my crazy family. I was dressed as 'The wicked witch of the Mae West' (in a bright red wig for some reason!) You can see my DD#1 dressed as a giant pumpkin. Bless her - she is really feeling swollen now! DD#2 and her husband were Bonnie and Clyde. They were fabulous.

I kept away from the buffet table and just had one plateful of food - all of it good and all of it delicious. We went trick or treating with the younger children and I even managed to walk in my four inch heels! I was most impressed.

Today I had my swimming lesson, which went well. I'm never going to be a mermaid, but I at least have a little more confidence in the water now and can also float which I never could before.

From there, I grabbed a coffee to go and walked to the hospital for my glaucoma appointment, from which I have just returned. I was pleased not to have to have drops in my eyes this time. I go back next week and will have to have the dreaded things then.

My goals for this month are pretty much the same as last month. I didn't manage to get below the 150 pounds in October, but I did reach my 100+ pounds loss, so I'm claiming it as a victory.

Time to move my body a bit now.

Have a great November ladies. Keep up with the posting.

Hugs. Amanda x
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Hello all,

I skipped October for goals and had gone straight to November from August. Not sure how or why I did that. For November I really want to get on track again and actually start loosing again.

I went to my primary doctor and like so many of us, I am behind on the things I need to do to take care of myself. I'm determined to get caught up on all those things we like to put off.

My Doctor had not seen me since I joined MFP in November 2008, She was amazed and calculated my weight loss rate. She talks quickly and I don't remember what the daily rate was, but she did say it was a good steady rate and indicated I should be able to keep the weight off. She did talk about not depriving myself of stuff to meet my final goal in January and encouraged me to keep doing what I was doing. We did talk about MFP and she took the web address down for other patients.

Anyway, happy Monday to all and now I am officially late to work.

Jeannie
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Good Morning ladies,
    So good to wake up and read so many posts. I weighed this morning and was down nearly 2 pounds. I have not changed my goals much, just more of the same. Just continue to eat right and exercise as much as possible. This time last year I was about 20 pounds lighter and looked so good. My short term goal is to reach that point again. My long term goal is to keep it off and not gain again so I can lose more. I THINK my attitude has changed so I can do it now. I changed my profile this morning so my weight shows gain but that is just because I had never changed it when I gained. My winter clothes from last year still fit though snug but hopefully by time it gets really cool here they will look nice like they did last year. My daughter has been preaching to me about the moderation thing since I started this cause she says I deny myself too much. I just get in the losing mode and do not want to jinx it. But I have learned to allow some treats and that does work better so that when I reach my goal I wont go crazy. I remember one year I gave up sweets for lent (I dont usually give up anything cause I am not catholic but for some reason decided to try it) I lasted about half way through. We had an event at church where there were sweets galore and I went crazy. that probes that denial does not work. I am trying to stay away from those trigger foods though. Sorry to be so long. Congrats to those who reached Oct goals. Just keep trying for those that didnt. good luck to all on Nov. goals. Another year is almost gone. Oh MY. Have a good day ladies.
    Vicki M
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,425 Member
    Morning All,

Home from the Big Windy and ready to enjoy some quiet in the country. It is so good to go out to the city to work and come home to my country hideaway. Not that we don't work long hours on the farms, but the chatter and bustle are left behind for a while and I can recenter myself.

Thank you for all your kind words and support. Another month before us and so much to be thankful for!

Prayers &:heart: Alice
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,029 Member
    I feel like doggy poo.:sick: I can't seem to process anything. It all travels quickly right out the back door. You would think that I would lose some weight when I can't process food but nooooo. I am up a pound this morning.:grumble: I am trying to force myself to drink a lot of water because i know I am dehydrating. and to add insult to injury i am getting TOM lower back cramps:devil: to accompany the servere stomach cramps i am experiencing. I am miserable. :sick: I hate being sick. :mad:

Sorry to whine but I don't have anyone else to complain to. I hope you all have a much better day than I am having. :happy:
  • lyn54
    Morning Ladies,
    I feel like I've been up all night. I went to sleep about 4:30 am. I am dragging and going to the Chiropractor to get my hip lined back out-so to speak. My right leg is about 1 inch shorter than my left this am. very painful:grumble:

Robin:smile: You must have good women genes to still be going at 50...Hope you feel better though.:flowerforyou:

Alice-:flowerforyou: I love the country. We lived in the a city or town for awhile. 10 yrs ago we built in a country sub division and put our house at the end deep into a wooded lot. There is farmland on one side and woods all around 3 sides. I love it. I have a mama deer who raises her young on our property. She crosses our yard almost every day. This fall we have seen a 10-pt buck cross with her. I guess they are planning for next year:heart::bigsmile: A female turkey raises here too. She is in the back side of our yard in the woods. :happy:

Chiclet-I am still working on temperance with my eating too! Good Luck!

Vicki -congrats on the weight loss!
    Amanda - you have a wonderful family..nice looking -even in disguise:bigsmile:
    Vivx- Good luck in November!

I may be lurking for a couple of days. Don't know if I can sit here long after I am "worked" on.

HAPPY NOVEMBER and Wishing you MUCH to be THANKFUL for :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • anotheryearolder
    anotheryearolder Posts: 385 Member
    I will be back tonight with how I did on Oct goals and the goals for Nov. Just marking my place for now. I am getting my 6 little raised garden patches ready for my fall planting. I fear that again I have more to plant than room to put it in. Then there are the pansies and snapdragons to go in as well and the gym at 3 pm. Checking clock.... 11:30!

See ya tonight.

Oh and Mimi, as you will probably be gone for the week before I get back on here - have a WONDERFUL week! I love the lake Tahoe area too. It's just beautiful!

Faye
  • anotheryearolder
    anotheryearolder Posts: 385 Member
    Oh, one more thing. I agree with you all the way Mimi about not denying yourself. I can stay with this because I can eat. I have always loved the good stuff, veggies and fruit and lean meat. I just drifted away from eating well over the years. The usual story of too much to do and not enough time to do it thing. I would grab what I could when I could and it frequently was NOT good for me added to the fact that DH doesn't like many veggies and I didn't have time to cook two meals.

We raised our son, then started a business that took way way too much of my time and at the same time ended up being very involved with helping the care of our grandkids.

Our son, the custodial parent, was gone a lot with his job. I would get home at midnight or later lots of nights ( I went to the other grandma's house and did the usual homework, dinner, activities thing with them until she got home from work at 11ish) then home, make dinner for DH, fall in bed, and start over the next day. Life is much calmer now and there is more time for me!

I need to get a yard light set up in back to do veggie gardening at night like I can with the flowers in the front. I have more time at night it seems. Pulling weeds and such is much more comfortable after the sun goes down here in north Florida!

Faye
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    I guess I'm in the minority as I never had trouble sticking to a diet and definitely would deprive myself with no problems. My issue, up until now, is that once the diet was over, I would hungry all the damn time. It's really hard to make good choices when you are hungry and it's really hard to stick to a lesser calorie level when your body is trying to get you back up to some enormous weight.

My feeling about the deprivation involved in a healthy lifestyle is that it's nothing other than delayed gratification, which is something all adults do all the time in other areas of their life, so it should be no different in this area.

That said, I am not one of those people who thinks that I have to eat perfectly all the time or I've somehow failed some sort of test. That attitude drives me crazy sometimes... when people post about how horrible they are because they ate a cupcake. It's not realistic to think that you are never going to eat food like that again. My goal is eat healthy 80-90% of the time and to stay within my allowances (carbs, protein, calories, etc.) as much as possible.

Anyway, for my Oct. goals, I think I did pretty well:

Be able to run/walk for an hour without pain by EOM - I was able to do this for 50 min. which is pretty close
    Do strength training 3-4x a week, Blog 2x a week minimum - done!
    Have fun at my next race and not stress about getting on the podium, my times or anything - done!

For Nov goals, I am going to try to do better about eating on the weekend. My nice routines during the week seem to fall apart when I have less structure. Like I don't have a shake for breakfast and often snack all day instead of eating meals.
  • bkrbabe57
    bkrbabe57 Posts: 395 Member
    Good Morning Ladies,
    A quick post to make my spot.
    After lurking all month ( and part of September if I remember correctly:blushing: )
    I am going to get back in the swing of things and post more frequenly. I have been logging my foods and reading the posts
    and you all have kept me on the streight and narrow. Thanks ever so much.
    Will post again later as I have a funny pumpkin carving story to share.
    Peggy
  • Hi to everyone. I enjoyed reading about the different ways each of you handles losing weight. I hear some common themes too.

For me, "no deprivation" has to do with the *amount* I eat. *What* I eat is a different story. I eat lots. But, I don't eat the types of food that I used to eat.

I have a treat, usually chocolate (yum!) almost every day. The big difference is that I usually have just one piece. I take it out of the package, weigh it, then enjoy it.

I don't crave more (and more, and more) because I fill up on delicious (the yum factor is critical), healthful, less calorie-dense food. I can actually keep chocolate in my cabinet now - i've had some there for months. That is a huge change. :happy:

In the bad old days, I indulged myself with junk food :angry: . Eating junk food triggered a strong desire for more junk food. Willpower went only so far (sometimes even months). But, when I fell off the wagon, I always went straight for the junk food, which created the desire for more junk food, etc., etc. It was a vicious cycle.

Now, I indulge myself completely - but with healthful stuff. I get to feel good twice: knowing I'm eating healthfully and seeing the results on the scales. :blushing:

The monsters are still lurking out there. I'm careful not to let them in the door most of the time. And, when I do, I don't feed them, so they eventually go away. (Two days is all it takes, much to my amazement.)

Thank you, everyone, for all your support. I couldn't do this without you. I'm close to being slimmer now than I have been in 30 years (and that was only for a few minutes, so make that 35 years!)
  • p.s.

Lynn, I’m glad you’re back at ‘em. I know Shingles can be a terrible disease. You'd never know you'd ever had it from your pic. I hope your hip feels better soon.

Viv, you can do it! You’ve got the right attitude.

Chiclet, you’re gaining some amazing insights. I love how the insights gain momentum and take us to a whole new place. Pretty incredible.

Amanda, look at you in your gorgeous red curls. You’re a knockout. :drinker:

Jeannie, I hope you’re patting yourself on the back. You’re still losing bit by bit. But, it’s relatively easy to lose the weight. We’ve all done it. (Some of us, myself included, MANY times!) But, we’ve fallen down on the maintenance. Maintenance is what it’s all about. You are doing amazingly well. :flowerforyou:

Vicki, 2 lbs down is wonderful. You’re on track! :happy:

Alice, as usual, your grateful attitude inspires me. Thank you. :heart:

Robin, waaah. I’m sorry you’re feeling crummy. I hate the stomach flu. :sick: I’m sending good wishes and hugs (from a safe distance!). I hope you feel better soon.

Faye, you’re a worker and then some. Send pics of your garden. Snapdragons are one of my favorites. I see you’re almost at the half way mark. Woo hoo!!!! :flowerforyou:

MacMadame, good job on meeting last month’s goals. I love seeing your ticker with your runner going past the goal! That’s you all the way.

Peggy, hello. Sounds like you’re in the groove. Way to go.

I’m missing Renny. Has anyone talked to her lately? Missing Randy too. I know she has her hands full.

I may get one more chance to login before we leave for Tahoe. Be back next Tuesday.
This discussion has been closed.