Like Minded Lushes - November

Options

Replies

• KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO ROBIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to say fitting into a size 8 pair of pants my friend can't wear anymore was the highlight of my weekend :) I've also lost an inch from my hips and an inch from my waist! yay. And.......DRUM ROLL PLEASE......ZERO DRINKS THIS WEEK! I have found I'd much rather save my calories for a small cup of skinny cow ice cream than a glass of wine at the end of the day.....I also discovered sugar free Hersey's powder.....2Tblsp's are only 35 calories and it's so yummy - even in hot water!

May go in a first date this weekend......so will most likely drink then......but going a week with no alcohol is plenty!!!??

That's well done on no drinking and congrats on the "first date" ... don't drink TOO much though ;) first impressions and all.

Love that Robin can get into a size 4. I am going to run to the Gap this weekend and see if I can fit into THEIR size 10's and tight 8's LOL. Not to buy them mind you only to try on. I do need another hole in my belt though :tongue:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Scale was .5 pounds under goal weight this morning. I was surprised because I drank last night, but no beer, I had a vodka soda and a cup of merlot at the improv show. Got the hockey game tonight, so it will be hard to not drink beer.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Robin, size 4, wow :happy:
    Kim, I match you no drinks tonight :bigsmile:
    Fsuxo, enjoy your date, I'd probably need a few drinks to pluck up the courage to even go on a date these days, I'm useless at all that stuff, not surprising I've been on my own for ages now (not that I'm complaining!).
    Asjervan congrats on being under your goal weight. I was a couple of weeks ago too, then have given myself a hard time now my weight has gone back up a little, I'm still with in my weight range though. I've found it quite hard to make the switch from losing to maintaining.
  • iguanaliz
    iguanaliz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have no excuse for having a cocktail last night other than I was in a really really good mood. I stayed within calories and right now I am just really happy. I haven't felt this positive in a long time and I am just going to go with it. The scale is moving down albiet slowly but that is fine. I should be freaking out since my Unemployement ends really soon but I am not. Positive thinking will bring positive energy my way!:happy:

I hope you all have a wonderful lucious day.

Great mindset!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    so th lushes have been quiet for a while.:noway: It is Friday and I plan on having wine with dinner. :drinker: I will try not to drink a whole bottle. I did have couple of cocktails last night again. But on the bright side the scale was down this morning. 2 pounds :bigsmile: since last Friday but only 1.2 on here because i never updated the .8 gain.

I am really excited about Saturday. Elliots Oyster House Oyster New Year!!!!! All the wine, beer and oysters you can eat. They even have an ice oyster luge. I was never brave enough to shoot an oyster that way though. I really love oysters, raw or cooked they are wonderful. this event has local oyster farmers from all over shuking fresh oysters for you to try all different varieties. there will be 20 different local wineries they sampling their wines and they are som local breweries as well. We also decided to splurge for the VIP champagne reception an hour befor the event actually starts. I am going to have so much fun. I guess I will really have to work out tomorrow morning to try to balance some of it out. :blushing:
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    who needs booze when you can go shopping at Ross and buy size 4 jeans. the last time I went jean shopping at Ross I bought size 12's . I am so feeling good right now. wish I could bottle and drink this!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Great job!!

I am commited to not drinking AT ALL this weekend. I never drink during the week but this is the first weekend I am taking off. It is Friday morning and I can already feel a cocktail craving coming on. I have to be strong! I want to look as good as I can for my vaca next week. I will keep myself busy and stay away from college football tomorrow.
  • rjadams
    Options
    good luck sillygoose. you can do it.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    It is Friday morning and I can already feel a cocktail craving coming on. I have to be strong!

I felt the same way yesterday when I made chili when I poured the dark beer in...it was everything I could to not to take a swig...good luck...have fun with your vacation

Robin, have fun this weekend...I am sure you are excited about the unlimited quantity offered...the reception sounds wonderful

I also plan not to drink this evening. If we stay home it will be a lot easier. I work tomorrow and Sunday from 3 to 11 which should also curb the bingeing
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    robyn, I have never eaten an oyster! I had mussels and fried clams, but never oysters! I know what you mean about switcing to maintenance cals, I switched to maintenance and then I switched back, it's a silly game where I try to stay under maint. cals but go over on the 1200 line.
    Last night went to the hockey game and had two beers, which I had planned for, but ended up eating bbq pulled pork on texas toast, with fries. I was way over even with my 5-mile run!
    This weekend will not be big on drinking. Sushi and movie tonight, trivia tomorrow, baby shower Sunday.
    Have a wonderful weekend, Lushies!
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Robin, where do you live? That oyster festival sounds great, would love to try it some day. How many calories does an oyster have anyway? Course I like to have some really spicy cocktail sauce with it.

Good luck on the drinking or not this weekend. I am planning my new kitchen which will probably lead to despair and then to the bottle. :laugh:
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Hello Crazycat. If you have been visiting this site over the past year then you will know that there are a lot of people here who will cheer you on, support you and dust you down if you slip. Just take tiny steps; set realistic goals and give yourself rewards and, if you do slip, don't beat yourself up, there is always a new day when you can start afresh. :wink: :wink:

Happy Wednesday, fellow lushes; only two days to the weekend for those of us who allow ourselves a little drink on the weekend. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Pam
    [/quote]
    Hope I'm doing this right. It took a couple days to find my first post. lol Hi Pam, thank you for your support words! I am just beside myself that I stumbled on this topic/post. I've been visiting myfitnesspal site for a year on and off, using the calorie counter food log and excercise log. I've never went to the message boards. I was sure there was not one on functional alcoholics trying to diet and, with that, cut out or back on imbibing. And, I knew that was the problem of bulk of calories as well as the extra dinner for the liver for me! Thank you for your encouragement!

Well, last night did end up with 5 beers before dinner. My brother was over for a visit, but that wasn't the excuse. Sounded good, right? We ordered out Chinese, and that was the end of the beer. Of course, had we ate earlier, I wouldn't have had beer - would have been too full. Today, I remind myself that I would rather eat my calories than drink them. And, maybe I should designate a couple of days only for a few beers.....that will be the on going experiment for the next week or so.

Thank you to others who responded. Good luck to all and congratuations to those who made it!! : )
  • iguanaliz
    iguanaliz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to say "Happy Friday Y'all!" Not sure what I'm doing this weekend since I'm still relatively housebound. I have a feeling the grocery store this afternoon will be the extent of my fun. :grumble: But I am certainly not opposed to enjoying my adult beverages at home alone...I'm a super cheap date these days:laugh:
  • yvonnej1
    Options
    Yay got that Friday feeling, got home from work, went to gym then had the nasty realisation that I can't have my usual glass or 2 of wine to celebrate surviving another week! Guess weekends were always going to be the hardest as that was mainly when I drank anyway. Hey ho.

Robin that festival sounds amazing, 20 different wineries, by the time I'd tried a sip of everything on offer I'd have to be carried home :blushing:

Hope everyone has a great weekend, if you are drinking have 1 for me :drinker: , if you aren't, stay strong, we can do this :happy:
  • Oldbat61
    Oldbat61 Posts: 141
    Options
    Hi everyone. Managed to lose 0.6lbs this week; a bit disappointing as I have burnt off over 2000 cals doing exercise. Still, I will accept any loss :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Am going to have my treat tonight; I plan to have Chilli for dinner so think I may have a glass of red wine to go with it. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Have a fantastic weekend everyone; will be thinking of you, Robin, at the Oyster Festival - wish I could join you!!! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Pam
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I caved when we went with friends for dinner...yummy wine

Oh, well...have to work this afternoon and tomorrow...so, I think I will be fine otherwise
  • rjadams
    Options

Oh, well...have to work this afternoon and tomorrow...so, I think I will be fine otherwise
    dont beat yourself up. Life is about friends and wine so what. Its all good and you have been doing an awesome job lately.

I plan to consume about 3000 calories today and drink a bottle and a half worth of wine. I am going to be so happy. I just finished a good workout today to help offset the overage a little.

Oysters!!!!:drinker: Oysters!!!!:drinker: Oysters!!!!:drinker: Oysters!!!!:drinker: Oysters!!!!:drinker: Oysters!!!!:drinker: Oysters!!!!:drinker:
  • nisijam5
    Options

dont beat yourself up. Life is about friends and wine so what. Its all good and you have been doing an awesome job lately.

I plan to consume about 3000 calories today and drink a bottle and a half worth of wine. I am going to be so happy. I just finished a good workout today to help offset the overage a little.

Oysters!!!!:drinker: Oysters!!!!:drinker: Oysters!!!!:drinker: Oysters!!!!:drinker: Oysters!!!!:drinker: Oysters!!!!:drinker: Oysters!!!!:drinker:

Your absolutly right, Robin!!! Enjoy your evening!!!
  • yvonnej1
    Options
    Cooking pasta tonight, putting some red wine in the sauce, got half a bottle left which is strictly for cooking with only.
  • rjadams
    Options
    well I was wrong. there were 51 wineries represented not 20. I had a lot of wine. and champagne and it was all so good. the oysters were awesome. so now I guess I have to try to be good next week.
  • Oldbat61
    Oldbat61 Posts: 141
    Options
    What a fabulous weekend you must have had, Robin.

Happy start to the new week, lushes. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Pam