November Fast Food Challenge

Replies

• crystalroy
    crystalroy Posts: 84 Member
    :smile: Ok. No fast food for the whole month of November
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    I just made up my mind to do this on Saturday night. Then I had a moment of silence for my bi-weekly Chipotle burrito and the really cute counter boy who knows my order by heart. But its also $40 a month I'll be saving towards a shiny HRM and a new scale. That is just pathetic.

Count me in!
    :laugh: The things we trade off to look good! :laugh: :wink:
    *** really cute counter guy & Chipotle burritos OR *** extra $$$$, sexy hot bod, terrific self esteem, new shiny scale, fun new toy/HRM:love::love:
  • kjh311
    kjh311 Posts: 2 Member
    Great idea. I need something to get me back on fire. I can do this. I will do this. November, here I am!
  • flutechick65
    flutechick65 Posts: 23 Member
    I'm in.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Day 1 down:wink::tongue:
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Ditto! :)
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Ditto! :)
    woo hoo! good job:bigsmile:
  • Plan ahead - that's what works for me! Today, I have homemade soup for lunch which I made a big batch of and froze (so convenient that way!) and tonight I am going to have a small lean cuisine meal at about 5pm (an hour before I leave work) so I'm not famished when I get home. Then I will just have a snack in the evening. NO McDONALDS for this girl!!! LOL

Good luck on Day 2 everyone!
  • Day one down for me too!! :]
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    I like the challenge. as I tend to cave in to pizza, like this past weekend. (it wasn't november yet..hehe..so I think I'm good). I like the occassional cheddar fry from beef a roo, but I down graded from a large to a regular. I am pretty good at resisting, but I hope this challenge will help me during my weaker moments.
  • TeamLeela
    I used to eat taco bell daily!! I had it again several months ago and thought it was nasty! Funny how things change. I try to limit eating out but I'm just too lazy to make food at home every night... then do dishes. (no dishwasher). How do you ladies with busy lives and families do it?! I limit my "fast food" to taco salads at a local mexican place, Noodles and Company (the best fast food in my opinion!!), Subway, and Chipolte. Some places truly do have good options.. I just try to avoid places with a drive thru!

in high school I worked at taco bell, I know what that stuff is really made of...stay away...homemade tacos rule! I like chipotle too, much better than taco bell. we have a new "noodles" but I never ate there. it seems a little expensive. how are the portions?
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Day 2-:drinker: success:bigsmile:
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,849 Member
    Well, we had pizza last night, but I DIDN'T. I ordered a salad to go with it and ate that. So far so good!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Well, we had pizza last night, but I DIDN'T. I ordered a salad to go with it and ate that. So far so good!
    Good for you!!:drinker: :wink:
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Day 3 and I *really* want some fries! I keep having to tell myself no, no, no, no, no...I can do this!
  • beckym71
    beckym71 Posts: 3,511
    Well, I almost didn't come back to the thread.
    Monday ~ success
    Tuesday ~ Burger King @ lunch :frown:
    Wednesday ~ already had an egg and cheese biscuit for breakfast
    Of course, now I feel like, well, already blew this week so may as well just wait until January. :grumble:
    Ugh~ I get so freaking frustrated with myself! My relationship with food is so unhealthy.
    I KNOW what to do and what NOT to do but I still make the wrong choices ALL THE TIME!

Good job to those having success! :drinker: I know what an accomplshment it is to succeed at even one day without fast food! Way to get it done! :flowerforyou:
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    YAY for you! Good job!
    I, on the other hand, had the stupid pizza.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,849 Member
    Well, I almost didn't come back to the thread.
    Monday ~ success
    Tuesday ~ Burger King @ lunch :frown:
    Wednesday ~ already had an egg and cheese biscuit for breakfast
    Of course, now I feel like, well, already blew this week so may as well just wait until January. :grumble:
    Ugh~ I get so freaking frustrated with myself! My relationship with food is so unhealthy.
    I KNOW what to do and what NOT to do but I still make the wrong choices ALL THE TIME!

Good job to those having success! :drinker: I know what an accomplshment it is to succeed at even one day without fast food! Way to get it done! :flowerforyou:

It's ok! Please don't give up. I know it can be hard, and we do sometimes fall off what we are trying to do. What makes you go with fast food? Is it that you don't make other options or you just really want it? I know for me, just having the food around to make instead of trying to figure out last minute is huge. Even if we are rushing around, I can plan a dinner and have that ahead of time and it should be much better. Doens't always work, but its the planning that's my problem.
  • Stupid commercials on TV were driving me crazy last night! I really really wanted a double cheeseburger from McDonalds. Now I'm still craving something but again have planned ahead and hope I can keep my hunger at bay so I don't give in! I won't get home until about 8pm tonight... usually that means stopping for something fast but I've packed another Lean Cuisine to have at work before I go home so I'm not tempted to do that!

Good luck on Day 3 everyone! And if you stumble, just get back up and make a new choice! There's ALWAYS a chance for a new choice!
  • TeamLeela
    no fast food today yippee
This discussion has been closed.