Options

Replies

• amyisley17
    Options
    I am going to do this too!
  • mia66
    mia66 Posts: 425
    Options
    I would like to join. I have been doing this on my own since September. I have only eaten at Subway 3 times since Sept and I get the all veggie,whole wheat, half bun with honey mustard sause. I also skip on the pop and side stuff. The sandwich is more than enough food.
    Nice to do this with a group.
    I will write in after each weekend
    Mia:bigsmile:

368038.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • minni2906
    Options
    I would like to join. I have been doing this on my own since September. I have only eaten at Subway 3 times since Sept and I get the all veggie,whole wheat, half bun with honey mustard sause. I also skip on the pop and side stuff. The sandwich is more than enough food.
    Nice to do this with a group.
    I will write in after each weekend
    Mia:bigsmile:

368038.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Watch the honey mustard. It's loaded with carbs!! There are healthier choices.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I'm in! I haven't had any fast food so far I'm 99% sure.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Day 3 :drinker: success!
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Becca, I'm loving that second quote!
  • JennyBoBenny
    Options
    Onto Day 4!!! So far so good! :bigsmile:
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Well, I had fast food last night for dinner. It was my girls' birthday and they wanted McDonald's. We took them to Steak N Shake. Might be a little better...dunno. But, that was for them. Still ate it, but back on track today!!
  • minni2906
    Options
    No fast food for me thus far, but this weekend might make it difficult to cook. We're moving Saturday. I'm going to look at it this way... We'll be lifting boxes, and furniture all day, so if I have to grab something quick to steady my blood sugar, it won't be as bad as grabbing something just to grab it!!!!! Am I right!? :]
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Still doing great here! :)
  • beckym71
    beckym71 Posts: 3,511
    Options
    Well, I almost didn't come back to the thread.
    Monday ~ success
    Tuesday ~ Burger King @ lunch :frown:
    Wednesday ~ already had an egg and cheese biscuit for breakfast
    Of course, now I feel like, well, already blew this week so may as well just wait until January. :grumble:
    Ugh~ I get so freaking frustrated with myself! My relationship with food is so unhealthy.
    I KNOW what to do and what NOT to do but I still make the wrong choices ALL THE TIME!

Good job to those having success! :drinker: I know what an accomplshment it is to succeed at even one day without fast food! Way to get it done! :flowerforyou:

It's ok! Please don't give up. I know it can be hard, and we do sometimes fall off what we are trying to do. What makes you go with fast food? Is it that you don't make other options or you just really want it? I know for me, just having the food around to make instead of trying to figure out last minute is huge. Even if we are rushing around, I can plan a dinner and have that ahead of time and it should be much better. Doens't always work, but its the planning that's my problem.

Thanks Shannon!
    I am not sure what my problem is. I really think it is a lack of self control. I just flat out LOVE cheeseburgers and french fries!
    My husband loves to cook and we have a freezer full of pre made, ready to eat healthy meals and I still hit the drive thru.
    If I applied a fraction of the effort towards telling myself *No* that I do to my exercise routine...problem solved.
    I won't give up though. I will defeat these cravings!
  • akela4860
    akela4860 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in,, i have stayed away from the usual fast foods for past 2 weeks. I allow chili, tossed salad or plain baked potato from wendys and fibre bun and chicken or turkey breast from subway. Pretty much no fried foods from anywhere. Someone once told me if you wouldn't find it in grandma's pantry then you probably shouldn't eat it LOL
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I love cheeseburgers and french fries as well lol. After I started MFP I've only had one and I felt super guilty lol.
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    No fast food for me thus far, but this weekend might make it difficult to cook. We're moving Saturday. I'm going to look at it this way... We'll be lifting boxes, and furniture all day, so if I have to grab something quick to steady my blood sugar, it won't be as bad as grabbing something just to grab it!!!!! Am I right!? :]

You will be burning loads of calories and if you need to eat, you need to eat. Maybe try to get some little snacks beforehand, protein bars or something like that. Anyone helping you would probably benefit from those as well. Keep some gatorage handy and that will help you as well. But for a meal, eat what you can and don't feel guilty. Its hard when you don't have a stove, pans, plates, food. :smile:
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Thanks Shannon!
    I am not sure what my problem is. I really think it is a lack of self control. I just flat out LOVE cheeseburgers and french fries!
    My husband loves to cook and we have a freezer full of pre made, ready to eat healthy meals and I still hit the drive thru.
    If I applied a fraction of the effort towards telling myself *No* that I do to my exercise routine...problem solved.
    I won't give up though. I will defeat these cravings!

I totally understand! If I don't have a lunch handy, I will think about what to eat in the morning. If fast food pops into my head that's all I can think about and anything else is disappointing. I think that's where this challenge helps me. I have more motivation to say no to those cravings! I get it out of head earlier and can figure out something else that I will love.

Maybe you can get the fixins for burgers and fries and cook them at home. It would be way healthier and might help curb the cravings.
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    i really wanted to go get something for lunch today... i stayed strong and didn't go :) only day i had any was on Monday I had 2 Fresco Crunchy Tacos at Taco Bell - 300 cals total... i've had a mental block this week about bringing lunch to work - so today i had my yogurt for lunch.... might have to visit the vending machine before i leave though. must bring food tomorrow.
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    i really wanted to go get something for lunch today... i stayed strong and didn't go :) only day i had any was on Monday I had 2 Fresco Crunchy Tacos at Taco Bell - 300 cals total... i've had a mental block this week about bringing lunch to work - so today i had my yogurt for lunch.... might have to visit the vending machine before i leave though. must bring food tomorrow.

Good for you. I hear the fresco tacos aren't all that bad...but I don't like the fresco sauce; tomatoes, onions - yuck. And I love cheese, so I couldn't do without it there.
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    I went to a diner today, but ordered a chicken fajita in pita. Hubs ordered curly fries, I snuck a few of those. But I displayed more willpower than I have in the past. I was a little concerned not knowing the way it was prepared. I checked the nutritional facts on the pita and the damage wasn't as bad as I thought. I was going to order a salad, but I didn't want to pay all that money for a bed of lettuce with a few strips of chicken on top. Esp. since I have all the ingredients to make an awesome grilled chicken salad from home.
  • JennyBoBenny
    Options
    I went to a diner today, but ordered a chicken fajita in pita. Hubs ordered curly fries, I snuck a few of those. But I displayed more willpower than I have in the past. I was a little concerned not knowing the way it was prepared. I checked the nutritional facts on the pita and the damage wasn't as bad as I thought. I was going to order a salad, but I didn't want to pay all that money for a bed of lettuce with a few strips of chicken on top. Esp. since I have all the ingredients to make an awesome grilled chicken salad from home.

Good for you! Mmmmm grilled chicken salad sounds like a great plan for lunch tomorrow! We're heading to Day 5 already! Woo hooo!!!!!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Day 3 and I *really* want some fries! I keep having to tell myself no, no, no, no, no...I can do this!
    Home made Oven fries! They're very tasty!:wink: