Why bother?!

Options
1235»

Replies

• SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I haven't read every comment but in my experience a LOT of people are uncomfortable telling someone "hey you've lost weight huh?" or any variation...not everyone is receptive of comments like that. Some people have lost weight due to poor health or stress and would not want to hear it. Have you been vocal to the people that you expected comments from about how hard you've been working and how proud you are of yourself? In today's day and age of political correctness they may be just biting their tongue. Try breaching the topic yourself. You don't have to full on toot your own horn but can mention that cool new work out you tried or something like that :flowerforyou:

BTW I realize this isn't the case for everyone. I am merely speaking from past experience. When I got up to 170 lbs I was very depressed so when I first began to drop weight a lot of people close to me were afraid that if they revealed they were aware of my weight gain that I would get more depressed.
  • Muffie22
    Muffie22 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Bother because you are a SMOKING HOT MEGABABE!!!!

holy **** I actually feel terrible!!!

I am one of muffie's real life friends and I would like to publicly apologise for not saying anything!!!

You absolutely look different and you are amazing for having lost so much! I only realised in the last couple of days how much you've actually shifted, and I'm so proud of you!!! Especially considering how much takeaway you have to dodge, and working in a restaurant that serves delicious 1000 calorie starters! I'm lucky I work in a sushi restaurant with loads of low-cal options! I'd have no chance otherwise!

I agree with what some other people said about getting tighter clothes! We should go shopping again, and squee at all the smaller clothes we can now fit into! We'll get some shiny catsuits so everyone can stare at our sexy butts!

But srs I think the reason I haven't said anything is cause I'm dumb and also because I never know how to say it without sounding like a creepy weirdo! Like when I was telling sophie her legs were ace last night I felt like a right perv :( I've defs noticed your trousers are looser now though, and obviously last night when you showed me how much your costume was too big. You're doing great and you should feel great and I'm sorry I've not been supportive enough :( I know you won't have posted this for me to see so I'm sorry if this long rambling post makes you uncomfortable, but I understand how you feel and I really really don't want you to feel discouraged.
    Gemma was saying the other day how well you're doing too, so it is being noticed! I guess we all need to be more vocal :(
    (also in response to people saying it might be jealously, I would never not comment over jealousy! If you start getting too sexy I'll just start leaving cakes and pies in your fridge when I visit ;D muahaha)

Much love pal!!!!!!

Hahah I'm also super awkward with trying to do compliments so I'm actually the biggest hypocrite for posting this. Never going on the internet after making friends with a bottle of southern comfort on a **** night again. I'm always really impressed by how much self control you have. you may work in a sushi restaurant but that doesn't mean temptation isn't there... i managed 900 calories of sushi the other day, and that's when i thought i was being controlled! :P. I love sushi so much.

Defs need to go clothes shopping though... if only i hadn't spent all my money on fancy scales (which today gave me two different readings 4lbs out from each other... what?!). We need to wear the catsuits always. I do have some clothes that fit well from when i was thinner or that didn't quite fit when i bought them but i was like "i'm definitely gonna fit these perfectly in 2 weeks!" and then they got abandoned at the back of my wardrobe, still not fitting 2 years later lols. But i'm definitely low on clothes options!

I can't wait for these free cakes and pies ;P